Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-28-2010, 09:34 AM

37,963 posts, read 22,147,086 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozenyo View Post
Did you site Palin's Facebook page

Anyway, the whole seems to be plugged. I know this wont be popular politically for conservatives with Obama fixing another problem.

U.S. official: Flow of oil from spill has stopped - Gulf oil spill- msnbc.com
0bama is not tasked with plugging the hole, BP is.

By law, 0bama is tasked with the sole responsibility of containing the spill, cleaning it up, and making sure all materials, personnel and equipment resources are allocated to the state and federal agencies that need them, and he has been a complete and utter failure.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-28-2010, 09:34 AM

683 posts, read 428,765 times
Quote:
Uh, are you their? LOL..I'll rely on those with expertise who are on site not some dude on city-data.
Did you want to refute anything I posted or are you just looking for an excuse to discount what I said? You yourself posted a link that you didn't even read, nobody ever said they plugged the leak like you claimed.

Old 05-28-2010, 09:36 AM

4,991 posts, read 4,504,794 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the mean fish View Post
Did you want to refute anything I posted or are you just looking for an excuse to discount what I said? You yourself posted a link that you didn't even read, nobody ever said they plugged the leak like you claimed.
I don't waste my time refuting nonsense. I'll stand by the link I already posted not your unverified garble.

Old 05-28-2010, 09:38 AM

4,991 posts, read 4,504,794 times
In very typical republican fashion, you all would rather the oil keep gushing and score political brownie points instead of admitting that it's probably fixed and giving Obama any credit. Now you're actually giving BP credit..LOL

Old 05-28-2010, 09:40 AM

Quote:
In very typical republican fashion, you all would rather the oil keep gushing and score political brownie points instead of admitting that it's probably fixed and giving Obama any credit. Now you're actually giving BP credit..LOL
The link you posted clearly states that it's not fixed, you just can't read. Nobody wants to keep the oil gushing, people actually want Obama to do his job and protect this country by giving people what they need to stop this oil from coming on shore.

Old 05-28-2010, 09:41 AM

23,838 posts, read 23,121,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexus View Post
Regressives continue to make a fool of themselves playing sideline presidential critics. They're a joke.

In the meantime, President Obama continues to show that he is an exceptional President.
So a plugged hole, whether now or 3 months from now, means this "exceptional" Administration is absolved of its abyssmal response?

I can't wait to see you tap dance around this one.

Old 05-28-2010, 09:42 AM

Quote:
I don't waste my time refuting nonsense. I'll stand by the link I already posted not your unverified garble.
I guess anything you don't understand or anything you can't comprehend is nonsense, that's good to know. What I've said just goes along with the link you posted, wake up and realize that you're at a significant mental disadvantage right now in this conversation.

Old 05-28-2010, 09:49 AM

Quote:
You are clearly drinking too much 0bama Kool-aid.

0bama knows nothing about oil wells, he knows nothing about how to cap them.

When this disastrous leak is plugged it will be done by BP, not by 0bama, or even by Nobel-Prize-winning physicist, Steven Chu.

Quote:
As we devise strategies to try and stop this leak, we're also relying on the brightest minds and most advanced technology in the world. We're relying on a team of scientists and engineers from our own national laboratories and from many other nations, a team led by our Energy secretary and Nobel-Prize-winning physicist, Steven Chu. And we're relying on experts who've actually dealt with oil spills from across the globe, though none this challenging.
0bama is supposed to lead the effort to contain and clean up the spill, and so far he is content to let BP take control of the clean up too. But not to worry, Sec. Salazar will push BP aside in the appropriate manner, if it looks like they are not up to the challenge.

Old 05-28-2010, 10:00 AM

I found this to be another attempt to grab the glory by our pathetic president:

Quote:
But make no mistake: BP is operating at our direction. Every key decision and action they take must be approved by us in advance. I've designated Admiral Thad Allen, who has nearly four decades of experience responding to such disasters, as the national incident commander. And if he orders BP to do something to respond to this disaster, they are legally bound to do it.

So, for example, when they said they would drill one relief well to stem this leak, we demanded a backup and ordered them to drill two. And they are in the process of drilling two
But a mere 5 days after the explosion, we have news reports of two relief wells were already being planned.

The Transocean drilling rig Development Driller III will arrive on location today to drill the first of two relief wells to permanently secure the well. A second drilling rig, Transocean’s Discoverer Enterprise, is en route.
BP Gulf of Mexico Spill Response Accelerating | Press release | BP

Old 05-28-2010, 10:03 AM

1,089 posts, read 655,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
BP has been trying to plug this hole for weeks.

How did obama "fix" anything?

His JOB should have been to contain/stop/clean up the oil as it made it's way to shore over the last MONTH AND A HALF.
Obama Derangement Syndrome is alive and well.

It's nice to know that you rely on the words Sarah Palin, who before she was picked by John McCain, didn't know what the Vice President's job was. Who knows, maybe she still doesn't know. She thought the job of the V.P. was to influence legislation in the Senate. Dumb-ass stupid.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies