Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-01-2010, 05:18 PM

4,500 posts, read 12,344,990 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
The muslim extremists provoked Israel, intentionally - just listen to their own words.

I just have to ask - if our coast guard boarded a ship in international waters (and, I think we've done that ), what would the reaction be if the passengers set upon our men with knives, clubs, bats, iron bars?
Please verify your source as to the religious background of the people on the boat.

If a US, Norwegian, British or any other naval commando boarded ships in international waters, killing at least 9 civilians I would expect the reaction from the international community to be equal to the one we've seen today.

A sign that the international pressure is actually working is that all the detained people are to be released and deported effective immediately.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-01-2010, 05:22 PM

14,993 posts, read 23,892,069 times
Quote:
Yes, the video clearly shows the men being taken down and beaten, stun grenades and fire bombs lobbed at them.

I guess these terrorists on board ship weren't expecting the Israeli's to be filming.
Ironically. I think the people in the other boats, the ones trying to run the blockade, filmed it all. Except for the top views.

Old 06-01-2010, 05:35 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,815,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lamontnow View Post
Those attacking Israel on this thread have NO INTEREST in the details of what actually happened.

On TV this morning I saw a clear video what happened. Two naval commandos were coming down the ladder. As they got near the deck they were pulled down and beaten by dozens of people with clubs and other objects. They were being kicked and trampled. Their guns were seized. It is only then when Israel reacted.

The destroy-Israel clique on this thread is revelling. They think they have Israel up against the ropes and that they have a chance to pound every last drop of blood they can out of her. They couldn't care less about humanitarianism. Just as the mob of Islamic radicals on that boat. The facts of what actually happened on that boat are irrelevant to them.
These are the facts.

Israel had no business storming that boat in international waters. Doing so was an act of aggression! The ship had NO weapons on it.

Old 06-01-2010, 05:35 PM

37,972 posts, read 22,151,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheViking85 View Post
I do not deny that theres a strong possibility that they initiated violence. I've never denied that there's a strong possibility of such. As of right now, there's not enough information to say one way or the other, as news from any other source than whatever the Israeli army approves have been scarce.
Here is some violence for you:

YouTube - Close-Up Footage of Mavi Marmara Passengers Attacking IDF Soldiers

Old 06-01-2010, 05:38 PM

37,972 posts, read 22,151,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
These are the facts.

Israel had no business storming that boat in international waters. Doing so was an act of aggression! The ship had NO weapons on it.
What if believe they are at war? BTW, how can they tell there are no weapons before they inspect it?

Old 06-01-2010, 05:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamontnow View Post
Thanks. Your picture simply verifies the video of the mob seizing and attempting to beat to death the Israelis:
"On TV this morning I saw a clear video what happened. Two naval commandos were coming down the ladder. As they got near the deck they were pulled down and beaten by dozens of people with clubs and other objects. They were being kicked and trampled. Their guns were seized. It is only then when Israel reacted."

Seems that now you're not denying that.
So if pirates storm and American ship in international waters and we defend ourselves from the invaders, are we terrorists?

Old 06-01-2010, 05:42 PM

159 posts, read 144,449 times
Yea, let's get 'em. Screw that little blip of democracy!

Why are these vessels challenging the blockade when they could dock at the Ashdod port as requested?

There is something more to this. Why now send more vessels to challenge the blockade?

Any aid sent to gaza can get there but certain protocol must be followed.

Old 06-01-2010, 05:45 PM

14,993 posts, read 23,892,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
These are the facts.

Let us restate the issue at hand - Does Israel have a right to blockade Gaza? I say yes, you say no (but really I am more intersted in the tactical aspect of storming the boat. I see mistakes - one of which, you NEVER get into melee range during an assualt in which you are outnumbered).

The right to blockade or not is the issue, storming the boat is not an issue. If a country has a blockade, you are damn well right that the boat heading to the blockading port that refuses to stop will be forced to stop - by boarding, incapaciating, sinking if needed. International waters is not a factor.

Old 06-01-2010, 05:49 PM

Quote:
they aren't starving to death. Israel sends tons of food into gaza on a weekly basis.
Please show me sources which verify this.

Also, why does Gaza need humanitarian aid in the first place?

Old 06-01-2010, 06:00 PM

4,500 posts, read 12,344,990 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
I've sen that video many times and it proves nothing else than what no one here is denying (least of all me): That they did resist the attack violently. It doesn't show who started it as it doesn't begin before the boarding started in the first place.

Again, I do not deny that it might very well be the case, but even if they acted violently first, they were in their right to defend their vessel and their lives.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
What if believe they are at war? BTW, how can they tell there are no weapons before they inspect it?
By listening to the reports they get from other countries customs as well as sending their customs officers on board the boat to check it when it enters Israeli waters.

No one would've denied them that right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by snapoutofit View Post
Yea, let's get 'em. Screw that little blip of democracy!

Why are these vessels challenging the blockade when they could dock at the Ashdod port as requested?

There is something more to this. Why now send more vessels to challenge the blockade?

Any aid sent to gaza can get there but certain protocol must be followed.
The boats are challenging the blockade because the blockade itself is deemed illegal.

They're also challenging it because the humanitarian aid that's being released into Gaza by Israel is insufficient.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies