Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-03-2010, 06:59 AM

35,016 posts, read 39,151,733 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by yachtcare View Post
Yes, it can. However one wishes to characterize it, (conspiracy, coincidence, or just normal daily "progress")the end result can be traced from the past, to the present, and left unabated, projected forward into the future...

The direction we are headed in seems to be toward more govt control of everything we do. When someone makes it a point to mention it, the"conspiracy theorist" card is played as a way to discredit them. In the same vein they label others with the race card.

Razor's assertions are pretty much on the money.

YC.......
I like to be paranoid and appreciate a good conspiracy theory as much as the next internet poster, but disagree that "the direction we are headed in seems to be toward more govt control of everything we do," compared to the last lot, and you all loved them. I wasn't trying to discredit RR.

I dont think all these events are planned and plotted. Wars are, but not events like this. To what purpose? To pass the cap and trade bill? Suure.

"The race card", it doesnt have any sort of power and I remain mystified by the importance you all give it. If you're not being racist, the other person is wrong to say you are. If you get called a racist a lot, maybe consider why that should be. That's all.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-03-2010, 04:00 PM

6,218 posts, read 7,728,615 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post

I dont think all these events are planned and plotted. Wars are, but not events like this. To what purpose? To pass the cap and trade bill? Suure.
Like I said, however you wish to characterize it. The end result is what matters.
And often, if not always, the end result can be viewed in a different way, by different people, from different perspectives.

An example: From the viewpoint of a small businessman, who has found it more and more difficult to PAY for new regulations, fees, licenses, etc. It can certainly look as though one is being priced out of business, by larger concerns that can pay the extra costs. The spoils go to the bigger concerns by default.

Others that are not effected dont notice it so readily, they just complain about the cost of goods and services they have purchased in the past going up, and sometimes wonder why someone they dealt with, and were happy with suddenly went out of business. From their perspective, they are unable to put the scenario together.

Planned and plotted? maybe not, but the end result, is still the end result. More economic, and trade freedom goes away. Not many notice, until it directly effects them, or we get to the point where we are now. The economy in a shambles, and little hope of recovery.

YC.......

Old 06-03-2010, 04:09 PM

3,633 posts, read 5,788,402 times
Quote:

Obama rips GOP on economy, looks ahead to midterm elections - CNN.com
"The president also used the oil spill crisis in the Gulf of Mexico to advance his alternative energy agenda Wednesday, calling it a warning that America needs to transition away from dependence on fossil fuels."

Now you may say what's wrong with this? as you may say what's wrong with the health care bill because everyone has defiantly read the whole health-care bill for themselves...lol...jk

but seriously the agenda is here in the story above.

First Obama is for offshore drilling back in March/April...
Obama Offshore Drilling Announcement: Everything You Need To Know

"Obama's move allows drilling from Delaware to central Florida, plus the northern waters of Alaska, and exploration could begin 50 miles off the coast of Virginia by 2012. He also wants Congress to lift a drilling ban in the oil-rich eastern Gulf of Mexico, 125 miles from Florida beaches."

Then the disaster takes place not too long after Obama's statement on offshore drilling happens (why tell people your real agenda? and have them connect the dots is probably why he was saying he was for offshore drilling before the rig in the gulf exploded)

we all know the story of how it happened which NBC and CNN spoon-fed us, but here is a look at what BP knew before this ever occurred....
BP Knew of Deepwater Horizon Safety Risks Almost a Year Ago

and a look at what the widow of one of the engineers on the rig said about her husband and the BP people before the rig exploded and he died....
msnbc.com Video Player

As you can see her husband drew up a WILL and told his wife how to take care of some things on the house as if he knew he was going to die. He also said he couldn't speak to her about what BP was doing on the rig because the walls were too thin to speak about it. The rig worker also knew that BP was not doing things in a safe way.

So by connecting these things and more stories that come out I start questioning the truth behind what happened, and not just accept what NBC or any mainstream news tells me about how there was just an oil spill and people died..the end...No I have to look more into it than this after seeing information come out over time...

look at the players involved...

COREXIT, NALCO, ALGORE, SOROS, APOLLO, MAURICE STRONG, GOLDMAN SACHS...... GULF OIL SPILL... AND WHY IT'S NOT BEING STOPPED. FOLLOW THE MONEY!!! - Patriotic Resistance (http://www.resistnet.com/profiles/blogs/corexit-nalco-algore-soros - broken link)

Last edited by RazorRob305; 06-03-2010 at 04:22 PM..

Old 06-03-2010, 04:17 PM

9,319 posts, read 18,746,321 times
Quote:
Everything can seem part of a gigantic conspiracy after awhile.... "I saw Satan laughing with delight"... that kind of conspiracy!
I agree. Just like all the Bush/Cheney Halliburton crap right? The garbage over seeing all the deap people when Clinton was prez was just as nuts. Obama is just getting his turn at it and you should realize it will continue on until his last day. Chill.

Old 06-03-2010, 04:29 PM

102 posts, read 127,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozenyo View Post
First, who cares? Secondly, this shows that the real media is fair and balanced unlike foxnews which is basically the Obama hate news network.
I know for a fact that you cannot apply the label real media to CNN. It doesn't work (except to illicit laughs at any making such an attempt). Fox News, IS the balance.

And to answer your first question YOU care. You care because you see America getting ready to spit out this poison pill before it is too late. Yes, YOU care very much.

Old 06-03-2010, 04:32 PM

102 posts, read 127,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cocytus View Post
I'm sure the N-word made an appearnace as well.
Ahhh... Tea Baggers..
Such classy folk
I'd rather be, or be associate with, Tea Baggers, as you so lovingly call them, than a bunch of dirt-baggers, which I contemptably refer to them. Dirt-baggers, BTW, are Obama supporters. Know any????

Old 06-04-2010, 08:51 AM

470 posts, read 1,155,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Ahhh, we can always count on the race card being played.

The Left is hilarious - you just know they would be frothing all over the video if this were bush.

I thought the questions to obama were relevant.
"Race card",eh?
Tea Baggers show daily that they have no sense of public decorum nor any class,so why would using racial or ethnic slurs be beyond them?
In fact,it's been shown that during rallies and on their websites and forums that they use racial slurs.
So what's the problems,poster?

Embarrassed that you support racists?
Or angry that you have been confronted as being one?

Old 06-04-2010, 08:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VTFrag View Post
I'd rather be, or be associate with, Tea Baggers, as you so lovingly call them, than a bunch of dirt-baggers, which I contemptably refer to them. Dirt-baggers, BTW, are Obama supporters. Know any????
Umm..what's a "dirt bagger" poster?
Is that even a term that anybody uses?
I mean, besides yourself?

Old 06-04-2010, 08:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadex View Post
Yes because the democrat party is full of class. They never use the N word. A democrat didnt call Micheal Steele a porch monkey on national tv.
The topic was what a Tea Bagger called out to the POTUS,not what an idiot called someone else.
That's was the topic.
Let's stay on topic,shall we?

Old 06-04-2010, 08:54 AM

683 posts, read 428,765 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cocytus View Post
"Race card",eh?
Tea Baggers show daily that they have no sense of public decorum nor any class,so why would using racial or ethnic slurs be beyond them?
In fact,it's been shown that during rallies and on their websites and forums that they use racial slurs.
So what's the problems,poster?

Embarrassed that you support racists?
Or angry that you have been confronted as being one?
The problem is you're not talking about facts, you're talking about hearsay... most of which is created in order to label and group or person who doesn't agree with Big O as a racist.

It may have worked at one point but it's not working any longer, the tea party members are no more or less racist than the obama supporters who voted for him for no reason other than the color of his skin.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies