Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-07-2010, 09:26 AM

3,382 posts, read 4,082,794 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuling View Post
I don't think you will get many serious answers as this board is flooded with loud right-wing people, outnumbering liberals 5:1, at least, which is no secret. You can observe it in any political threads, there are a few liberals being shouted down by hordes of conservatives including some partisan moderators...
This is funny... I see very few conservatives on here.. typically it is the racist, bigoted left-wing people on here shouting at the conservatives, and calling them names, and spreading lies.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-07-2010, 09:28 AM

23,838 posts, read 23,138,171 times
Quote:
I don't think you will get many serious answers as this board is flooded with loud right-wing people, outnumbering liberals 5:1, at least, which is no secret. You can observe it in any political threads, there are a few liberals being shouted down by hordes of conservatives including some partisan moderators...
Yeah, right. It's because there's hardly such a thing as a tolerant liberal. None of you are able to look past what you see as a belief in a "book of fairy tales," therefore us conservatives must be screwed up mentally. That's the gist of it, and you know it.

Old 06-07-2010, 09:28 AM

25,947 posts, read 24,759,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhawkins74 View Post
This is funny... I see very few conservatives on here.. typically it is the racist, bigoted left-wing people on here shouting at the conservatives, and calling them names, and spreading lies.
I would have said the same thing if I were conservative, in line with the old saying that offense is the best defense

Old 06-07-2010, 09:31 AM

3,382 posts, read 4,082,794 times
Quote:
I would have said the same thing if I were conservative, in line with the old saying that offense is the best defense
The difference is, all it would take is someone reading posts on here, and they would see, that I am telling the truth, and you are making things up...

aka.. proving my point about the racist, bigoted lefties spreading lies.

Old 06-07-2010, 09:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
Yeah, right. It's because there's hardly such a thing as a tolerant liberal. None of you are able to look past what you see as a belief in a "book of fairy tales," therefore us conservatives must be screwed up mentally. That's the gist of it, and you know it.
Since you mention tolerance, it does not mean the same thing to all people. Regarding this thread for instance, being pro-life is less tolerant than pro-choice, being in favor of gay marriage is more tolerant than being against it (funny that some people always put it as though being liberal in this respect meant being against straight relationships, which is nonsense, they are still the standard by far and always will be, for simply biological reasons)...

Old 06-07-2010, 09:34 AM

338 posts, read 310,933 times
Too ignorant of american politicians to name one.

But here's one from Switzerland:

Christoph Blocher - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

He opposes about anything I stand for, but you have to concede that he's one smart SOB. More or less single-handedly made the SVP (Swiss Nationalists) the force they are today, had and still has the left running around like headless chickens with every new talking point he comes up with.

Add to that he's a self-made billionaire, and you get the idea.

Old 06-07-2010, 09:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhawkins74 View Post
The difference is, all it would take is someone reading posts on here, and they would see, that I am telling the truth, and you are making things up...

aka.. proving my point about the racist, bigoted lefties spreading lies.
That is exactly the same way liberals see it (with the sides inverted, of course), for the simple fact that most things in life are not objective and absolute, but depend on the observer. All we do is interpret the "reality" we think we observe, but that interpreting is based on our own individual objectives, morals etc., which is why the results of the interpreting are as different as people themselves.

Last edited by Neuling; 06-07-2010 at 09:48 AM..

Old 06-07-2010, 09:36 AM

12,350 posts, read 9,728,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by North Beach Person View Post
Because if you go by the input of many posters here it is an "all or nothing" proposition.

Unfortunately many of those on here know politics only as a theoretical class or as, at the most, a low level envelope stuffer for a candidate. They have no first hand knowledge of the reality of politics.

To see how closed minded and out of touch some are read over the responses from a few "liberals" in the Elton John performs at Rush Limbaugh's wedding thread.
Yep - that's this forum, all right. Most just decide which team they want to play for and proceed to copy and paste.

Old 06-07-2010, 09:38 AM

22,229 posts, read 17,865,913 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophiasmommy View Post
Name one pro-life, pro-2nd amendment, pro marriage between 1 man and 1 woman, pro smaller government politician or public figure who is also open about their faith/belief in God/Jesus that you do not think is "stupid." Thanks
A politician who is pro-life, pro-2nd amendment, pro marriage between 1 man and 1 woman, pro smaller government, is by definition, "stupid". A politician who is pro-choice, anti-2nd amendment, anti marriage between 1 man and 1 woman, pro larger government, is by definition, "stupid". Now, "seriously", how about a nice game of Chess?

Old 06-07-2010, 09:39 AM

42,732 posts, read 29,898,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophiasmommy View Post
I dunno, why not start a thread about it? In the mean time would you mind answering my question? Thanks
Crownvic is raising a good point. You are trying to frame the argument. You don't get the responses you want, because your frame is too narrow. It's like taking a five-inch square frame, holding it up to a ten-foot square picture window, and asking someone to put that five-inch frame against the window and capture a view of the sky at the top and the sidewalk at the bottom. You can't do that. You can step back, way back, and looking through the small frame eventually capture the view you want, but you'll lose detail when you do that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies