Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach
 [Register]
Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach St. Lucie, Martin, and Indian River counties (Treasure Coast)
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-28-2016, 05:05 PM

4,507 posts, read 9,201,048 times

Advertisements

they have 2 out there already -- one taking Cashmere to Torino by the California roundabout at the east end and one taking Peacock to Torino at California at the west end.

This one they want is where University Blvd (which starts at Peacock and goes East)- hits California- that comes North across St Lucie West Blvd, goes by the side of WALMART and keeps going North -hits another roundabout by the church and the college, joins Country Club Dr- and continues north again. There is also a useless 3 way stop there. At the cost they are saying... why bother spending the money on that.

Figure out the one traffic problem that will be at Crosstown and Floresta
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-28-2016, 06:11 PM

459 posts, read 619,958 times
Roundabout's are an elegant solution to traffic management.
As an expat I still do not understand why the USA has such large and inefficient road junctions.
Honestly, if you cannot suss how to use them, you should not be driving.

Old 03-28-2016, 07:01 PM

1,690 posts, read 2,796,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by quattrohead View Post
As an expat I still do not understand why the USA has such large and inefficient road junctions.
I agree, but roundabouts can only be effective if they are single lane. The mistake of Tradition's roundabout in particular is the multiple lane issue. People get very confused and become susceptible to accidents. I believe that one should be removed.

Old 03-28-2016, 10:05 PM

2,956 posts, read 2,342,936 times
Quote:
I agree. Nothing difficult about the traffic circle. If you have issues you have no business on the road. It's been proven that they handle traffic better than a traditional intersection.

Old 03-29-2016, 06:12 AM

472 posts, read 668,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aridon View Post
I agree. Nothing difficult about the traffic circle. If you have issues you have no business on the road. It's been proven that they handle traffic better than a traditional intersection.
In my opinion there is only one situation that fits roundabout, that is a "star" intersection with more than 4 branches. In all other cases roundabout is just nuisance.

Last edited by fengxg; 03-29-2016 at 06:20 AM..

Old 03-29-2016, 09:51 AM

43 posts, read 71,785 times
Quote:
Roundabout's are an elegant solution...
Yeah, but driving is not about your own ability. It's about how other drivers react to the road. Keeping that road simple means I am less likely to have another driver kill me. Creating stupid obstacles increases it.

Let's use the proposed Crosstown roundabout as an example. Suppose I'm driving south on Floresta and want to turn left on Crosstown to get to US1. If there is a typical traffic light, I wait for it to change to green. But, with this roundabout idea, I'd have to stop, look left, wait for traffic to clear, turn right, look out my rear mirror to make sure nobody is coming, merge left over three lanes, look right, look left, wait for the light to change, start driving left, hope traffic from the other side of Floresta isn't coming,. This dumb idea means I have to take a dozen navigation steps instead of just one. That creates at least a dozen more chances to have somebody do something stupid.

Old 03-29-2016, 02:19 PM

1,690 posts, read 2,796,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 12349876 View Post
Yeah, but driving is not about your own ability. It's about how other drivers react to the road. Keeping that road simple means I am less likely to have another driver kill me. Creating stupid obstacles increases it.

Let's use the proposed Crosstown roundabout as an example. Suppose I'm driving south on Floresta and want to turn left on Crosstown to get to US1. If there is a typical traffic light, I wait for it to change to green. But, with this roundabout idea, I'd have to stop, look left, wait for traffic to clear, turn right, look out my rear mirror to make sure nobody is coming, merge left over three lanes, look right, look left, wait for the light to change, start driving left, hope traffic from the other side of Floresta isn't coming,. This dumb idea means I have to take a dozen navigation steps instead of just one. That creates at least a dozen more chances to have somebody do something stupid.
It's not a roundabout. Two totally different animals. The new proposed design is called a Michigan left:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michigan_left

Old 04-01-2016, 04:58 PM

228 posts, read 247,362 times
Any clue who/what is planned for the lot next to the goodwill at gatlin/dinner?

Old 04-01-2016, 09:45 PM

24 posts, read 46,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cryinsham30 View Post
Any clue who/what is planned for the lot next to the goodwill at gatlin/dinner?
I believe going across the street from what is now the Buffalo Chophouse (used to be Gatlin Diner), is going to be an Aldi.

Old 04-01-2016, 11:29 PM

228 posts, read 247,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt3105 View Post
I believe going across the street from what is now the Buffalo Chophouse (used to be Gatlin Diner), is going to be an Aldi.
That would be good, thats gatlin and brighton didn't see that lot for sell/sold yet. I know the lot at Gatlin and Dinner has a sold sign on it, and looking for when the ones down across from HD/BP sell.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach