Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach
 [Register]
Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach St. Lucie, Martin, and Indian River counties (Treasure Coast)
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-10-2013, 09:00 AM

1,690 posts, read 2,796,340 times

Advertisements

Thanks for that link. I am also wondering why they are dragging their feet on building it. I can understand that they would want it open when the hospital opens, but that is going to be very soon! I would think they'd be moving ground around by now.

Also, I'm curious about the Phase 2 on the map. It will be just a tad smaller than the Panera. I wonder what would go in there. Oh well- time will tell!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-10-2013, 11:34 AM

4,507 posts, read 9,201,048 times
Was going through Tradition last night and saw them starting to move earth around across from the Fire Station. Couldn't see a building permit or I would have stopped. May be part of Horton building in Victoria Park, or it could be breaking ground for the new high school. Anyone know? I havent had a chance to go looking yet.

Old 07-10-2013, 12:51 PM

162 posts, read 311,210 times
Although I don't mind having the Panera, I like to walk and ride around the lake as well and like others am concerned about the entrance to the store.

The dirt being moved by the fire station is for some high end apartment buildings. Rumor has it there there will be strict guidelines to get in and that a 1 bedroom may go for $1800 a month!

Old 07-11-2013, 06:17 PM

403 posts, read 1,079,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LingLing View Post
According to my neighbor, it will be a museum that will bring travel exhibits. Don't know for sure.
TCPalm is confirming that Digital Domain Studios is being sold to a buyer whose vision is to to convert it into a museum with works from around the globe including Paris and Asia. Looks very interesting and as I said earlier, this city is in desperate need of cultural attractions.

The link is here: Digital Domain: Building's buyer wants to turn former studio into museum » TCPalm.com

Old 07-11-2013, 08:21 PM

5,818 posts, read 12,626,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RuFFy08 View Post
TCPalm is confirming that Digital Domain Studios is being sold to a buyer whose vision is to to convert it into a museum with works from around the globe including Paris and Asia. Looks very interesting and as I said earlier, this city is in desperate need of cultural attractions.

The link is here: Digital Domain: Building's buyer wants to turn former studio into museum » TCPalm.com
I agree, this will be nice for the city, but it irks me that WE are losing 25 million bucks in a improving real estate market. I could see if it was a few years ago when prices were falling every minute. I guess something is better than nothing. I hope the new owner doesn't flip it and make a quick 5 or 10 million why we pay the bonds back until we drop dead.

Old 07-12-2013, 05:37 AM

1,690 posts, read 2,796,340 times
JERSEY- The building itself cost $25 mil. The rest of the wasted $$ went into high end office furniture and equipment. I know it doesn't make the pill any easier to swallow, but the loss isn't as great if you look at it that way. Regardless- what a waste.

Old 07-12-2013, 10:44 AM

1,257 posts, read 4,575,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JERSEY MAN View Post
I agree, this will be nice for the city, but it irks me that WE are losing 25 million bucks in a improving real estate market. I could see if it was a few years ago when prices were falling every minute. I guess something is better than nothing. I hope the new owner doesn't flip it and make a quick 5 or 10 million why we pay the bonds back until we drop dead.
I read somewhere that the building is only appraised at 12.5 mil.

Old 07-12-2013, 10:45 AM

1,257 posts, read 4,575,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RuFFy08 View Post

That will be so cool!!!

Old 07-13-2013, 09:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JERSEY MAN View Post
I hope the new owner doesn't flip it and make a quick 5 or 10 million why we pay the bonds back until we drop dead.
I don't mean to be a pessimist but i really wouldn't be surprised if that's exactly the buyers intentions. It makes financial sense to buy it cheap and hold onto it while the economy recovers, and then sell it when the price is right. It's also commonplace to hear promises of grandeur in this city which over time turn out to be a far cry from reality.

Old 07-13-2013, 09:50 AM

In other news, it also looks like the Houston Astro's will be moving their Spring Training to PGA if they can get the Toronto Blue Jays to join them. The site, which is sandwiched between I-95 and Central Ave would be about a mile from Abacoa's Roger Dean Stadium and FAU.

Also, Pollo Tropical in Stuart has pushed back it's opening.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach