Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach
 [Register]
Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach St. Lucie, Martin, and Indian River counties (Treasure Coast)
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-20-2013, 01:41 PM

10 posts, read 19,688 times

Advertisements

Considering buying a home in Sebastian. Currently no city water or sewer available. It would be new construction so the tank, field, and well would be new. I've had septic tanks for houses in Georgia with no problems. Should I be concerned about the high water table in this area? Any other considerations or things I should consider?

Thanks in advance
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-20-2013, 02:00 PM

108 posts, read 181,660 times
I had well water and septic when I first moved in my house in PSL 14 years ago. On city water now, still have the septic. I never drank the well water, always bought bottled. One thing I had to do was always buy the salt that neutralizes the rust in the well water for the softener. If I bought the less expensive non rust salt, my clothes in the washer, toilets, walls of the house and driveway would all get that rust stain. Once I was able to hook up to the city water, I jumped at the chance. Water bill from the city was much cheaper than the cost of the salt, bottled water and softener rental (it came with the house and since they were going to put in city water soon, I just continued to pay the rental, didn't want to have to try to sell a softener later once I was hooked into the city. Looking back, I should have just bought one and tossed it at the end, would have been cheaper).

Any idea when city water will be available? When mine came available, I called to see how much to hook up. $1100. I told them I had to wait and save up and they told me that a 10 year no interest loan was available. They just tack the payment to your water bill. Mine was $8.50 a month.

Also, it was nice to have running city water after the hurricanes.... no electric, no pump. Glad I had it hooked up.

howlinowl

Old 12-20-2013, 04:39 PM

2,962 posts, read 5,000,742 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matchbox View Post
Considering buying a home in Sebastian. Currently no city water or sewer available. It would be new construction so the tank, field, and well would be new. I've had septic tanks for houses in Georgia with no problems. Should I be concerned about the high water table in this area? Any other considerations or things I should consider?

Thanks in advance
Where in Sebastian? Most of the town has city water. If your well is deep enough, you shouldn't have too many problems.

Old 12-21-2013, 06:32 AM

10 posts, read 19,688 times
Fischer Lakes Island, west sebastian

Old 12-21-2013, 07:54 AM

2,962 posts, read 5,000,742 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matchbox View Post
Fischer Lakes Island, west sebastian
Ok. Nice area. I think you'll be good there with a deep well. Drillers should be able to tell you about the depth and water quality. Some people have both a shallow and deep well. The shallow one for irrigation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach