Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach
 [Register]
Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach St. Lucie, Martin, and Indian River counties (Treasure Coast)
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-14-2014, 03:22 PM

10,599 posts, read 17,888,179 times

Advertisements

The reason I ended up in Vero in 2008 was BECAUSE OF MY BIRDS. I don't get it.

Morons from Ft Lauderdale (where I started looking) all the way up the coast refused to rent to me with TWO PARROTLETS. They weigh as much as 3 packs of sugar - 25 grams for heavens sakes! And they're SOOOOO quiet.

(Even though they think they're Amazons LOL)..

So I googled until I found a realtor who was very self confident and sure enough she showed me 5 properties the first time I flew down and I signed a lease on one. After looking for MONTHS. Nightmare. I'd fly down to see a duplex that looked awesome - then the connected unit had a MATTRESS on the front porch. For example. LOL
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-17-2014, 03:08 AM

14 posts, read 30,608 times
I would say from living in the Ft. Pierce area for around 5 years, the main differences between Port St. Lucie and Vero Beach is that I have seen a difference in people.

As an example, Port St. Lucie has a higher drug & crime rate than Vero Beach. "Pot St. Lucie" (commonly referred by as the residents) has a younger population mostly vs Vero with an older population. Of course coming with an older population, you are going to be getting maturity & less crime.

Also, one positive thing about Port St. Lucie is that you are closer to West Palm and all types of international festivals or events. The Treasure Coast Square Mall is a lot bigger than Vero's Indian River Mall.

Let's also mention that the housing and the cost of living in Port St. Lucie is lower than Vero Beach. For example, that house that you see in Port St. Lucie that is 2,000 sq ft with 3 bedrooms and has a price tag of $140,000 would cost almost $200,000-$240,000 in Vero. But, then again, it's all about "location, location, location."

Old 05-17-2014, 03:11 AM

14 posts, read 30,608 times
Also, Hutchinson Island in Fort Pierce is a very safe & very nice area to live in.

Whenever you move down here & are visiting (or living) in Fort Pierce, avoid going down any of the "Avenues" (example: Avenue D, C, F, etc). Those are hotspots for crime. Basically, stay along US-1 and you will be okay. Downtown Fort Pierce is very nice and not much crime goes along there seeing that we have new condominiums, restaurants, art in Gazebo Park, etc.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach