Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach
 [Register]
Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach St. Lucie, Martin, and Indian River counties (Treasure Coast)
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-06-2012, 10:37 AM

27 posts, read 76,295 times

Advertisements

Every single home I've looked at on Trulia or Yahoo in PSL, Stuart, Melborne and Vero all have electric stoves. It just seems odd. I LOVE my cast-iron collection and pretty much only cook in those, which also leads to wanting a gas stove. Luckily most of the homes have a gas water heater which means it probably wouldn't cost much to tap into that line and feed it into the kitchen for a gas stove. Is there some odd ordinance about using gas stoves around there? For the life of me I can't understand why all of the homes I'm finding and adding to my list to look at have only electric stoves.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-06-2012, 12:31 PM

1,690 posts, read 2,794,563 times
When you look at homes, ask the realtor to check to see if it is plumbed for gas. The GHO home we are planning on building in Tradition has a gas valve and electric options. The homes you are looking at may have been plumbed for gas, but the owner just decided to go cheaper and put in an electric one.

Old 07-07-2012, 08:53 AM

Thanks See! I figured it was something along those lines. Now why so many would prefer to cook on an electric stove over gas is another curiosity together.

Old 07-07-2012, 11:38 AM

4,507 posts, read 9,195,244 times
There are few areas here that have gas. Some, but not many.

Think about it.. if you dig down a few feet you hit water in Fla.... $ for installing gas lines

Old 07-07-2012, 04:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlaLadyB View Post
There are few areas here that have gas. Some, but not many.

Think about it.. if you dig down a few feet you hit water in Fla.... $ for installing gas lines
I get that but then at the same time nearly every home I've been looking at has an in-ground pool so…

Old 07-07-2012, 04:52 PM

OK...BUT a lot are not heated or they sink a tank or thet are elec heaters

Old 07-08-2012, 07:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlaLadyB View Post
OK...BUT a lot are not heated or they sink a tank or thet are elec heaters
That makes sense and also explains the marketing aspect of all the "solar heated" pools I've noticed. Again, as I stated in my original post, most of the homes have gas water heaters. So that's why it struck me as odd that every single one I've found on Trulia or Yahoo/Zillow have electric stoves. Anyway the point being I LOVE to cook and must do so on a gas stove. It seems like that will not be much of an issue. I was just curious as to "what up with dat?" As for all the electric stoves. I'd be willing to bet that there's not one restaurant anywhere in the area that cooks on electric stoves. There's just no comparison as for controlling the heat, consistent cooking temps etc...

Old 07-08-2012, 08:15 AM

'most of the homes have gas water heaters"

Where are you looking since most all of PSL has electric water heaters. They have gas water heaters in Bedford Park in Tradition but very few elected to do a gas stove or dryer. The only other places I know of off hand are in Seasons and Cascades (55+), Magnolia Lakes, some in PGA Village, some in Tesoro, etc. Some have put that because they have a sunken tank. Most everyone else is electric.

Old 07-08-2012, 08:28 AM

Looking at everything under 180 for the most part; scattered between 1 and 95 north of Becker and south of del rio...

Old 07-08-2012, 09:02 AM

humm...ok.. I just ran a check from 100-180 in PSL in general and specifically searched under
"equipment" for "gas water heater" or "utilities" gas bottle or gas natural, and only 35 came up out of 524 homes on the market and that was pretty much because of a pool. I think others could be just mistakes on the listing since there is no pool and I dont see gas burners.

On listings gas wtr htr and elec wtr htr are next to each other .. so easy to hit the wrong one.

I just dont see many homes with gas appliances in general.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach