Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach
 [Register]
Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach St. Lucie, Martin, and Indian River counties (Treasure Coast)
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-02-2016, 06:03 AM

3 posts, read 5,374 times

Advertisements

My husband and I are relocating for work this summer to PSL, and have been researching complexes that we plan on visiting in June. The Reserves at PSL is #1 on our list so far. Can anyone offer any insight on if it is in a safe neighborhood, what shops/stores are local, and if this is a low income housing complex (we are trying to avoid these).

If you have any other recommendations for complexes within the $1100 price range, I'd love to hear them.

Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-02-2016, 07:11 AM

4,507 posts, read 9,195,244 times
finding anything for $1100 is difficult at the moment. Honestly, I don't know of, nor has a live person in an office on site answered the phone for the Reserve and I live right here. I will go IN PERSON today to that address to see what is actually there and report back to you. NOTHING in the price range they advertise online exists right now or it would be Section 8 income restricted residences. $1100 for a 3 bedroom with only a $300 deposit... don't think so.

It also says "recently renovated" so those photos you see mean nothing.

Oh...and location- it says it's convenient to the turnpike and I95" ....sure thing. It's east of US#1- about as far from those as you can get.

Old 03-02-2016, 07:24 AM

1,381 posts, read 2,304,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ny2fl2016 View Post
My husband and I are relocating for work this summer to PSL, and have been researching complexes that we plan on visiting in June. The Reserves at PSL is #1 on our list so far. Can anyone offer any insight on if it is in a safe neighborhood, what shops/stores are local, and if this is a low income housing complex (we are trying to avoid these).

If you have any other recommendations for complexes within the $1100 price range, I'd love to hear them.

Thanks
The reserves at St Lucie is no longer low income , it's the former Tiffany Club apartments on Tiffany near Lennard. But just because it's no longer low income doesn't mean they kicked out all the low income tenants either cause they can't. I live very close to there but wouldn't recommend these Reserves at St Lucie to any of my friends so you can take that for what it's worth . It's a safe area convenient to everything as well but ...

Old 03-02-2016, 07:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlaLadyB View Post
finding anything for $1100 is difficult at the moment. Honestly, I don't know of, nor has a live person in an office on site answered the phone for the Reserve and I live right here. I will go IN PERSON today to that address to see what is actually there and report back to you. NOTHING in the price range they advertise online exists right now or it would be Section 8 income restricted residences. $1100 for a 3 bedroom with only a $300 deposit... don't think so.

It also says "recently renovated" so those photos you see mean nothing.

Oh...and location- it says it's convenient to the turnpike and I95" ....sure thing. It's east of US#1- about as far from those as you can get.

Thank you so much for this. I called and spoke with an agent who was very helpful. It's just myself and my husband, so we are looking for no more than a 2 bedroom. Our main concern is safety- we do not want to move into a community where a majority of the units are section 8 income housing. When I addressed this to the agent, she could not verify over the phone, and stated they are an equal opportunity housing facility.

One of my colleagues in my corporate office suggested to stay west of US 1, but unfortunately most complexes in that area are out of our price range. Coming from NY, I was expecting I would be able to get more for my money down in this area, but this is turning out to not be the case.

Do you happen to know of any residences I should look at? I've looked at the reviews for Kitterman Woods, Bella, Apex, Terraces on the Square (which I contacted but nobody has gotten back to me) and Portofino @ Jensen Beach (which is out of our price range).

We are also considering rent a home for a year, until we get the lay of the land.

Old 03-02-2016, 07:29 AM

1,381 posts, read 2,304,719 times
I will DM you

Old 03-02-2016, 07:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by newred5 View Post
The reserves at St Lucie is no longer low income , it's the former Tiffany Club apartments on Tiffany near Lennard. But just because it's no longer low income doesn't mean they kicked out all the low income tenants either cause they can't. I live very close to there but wouldn't recommend these Reserves at St Lucie to any of my friends so you can take that for what it's worth . It's a safe area convenient to everything as well but ...
Thank you for this. Would you happen to have any recommendations of other complexes you feel are worth looking at? Its easier to get an opinion from someone who lives in this area, versus solely relying on reviews online.

Thanks again!

Old 03-02-2016, 04:47 PM

4,507 posts, read 9,195,244 times
You ARE getting more for your money down here from what other people from NY have always told me. They had an entire family of 5 living in less than 900 square feet for a lot more money. I guess it depends on where in NY you are living.

There are a few places at $900 at the moment. I haven't seen anything much less than that in a while now, but rentals change day to day

Do you have jobs lined up here? If not, please don't come till you do.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach