Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach
 [Register]
Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach St. Lucie, Martin, and Indian River counties (Treasure Coast)
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-01-2009, 04:46 PM

18 posts, read 54,813 times

Advertisements

Seeking a gayfriendly church in Vero Beach....any suggestions??? Thank you for any guidance or information that you are able to share.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-03-2009, 10:56 AM

14,268 posts, read 18,926,868 times
I don't live there, but my suggestion is to contact a gay organization. Just use google. For example:
Gaychurch.org: Affirming Gay and lesbian Christian (GLBT) Web Site (http://www.gaychurch.org/ - broken link)

If there isn't a church in your immediate area, you can always call one of the others and ask for a referral.

Excuse my ignorance, but I was surprised to see such a long list. I'm not gay, but I just assumed most churches would be anti-gay. Nice to know that there's a place for everyone!

Old 01-03-2009, 04:01 PM

2,143 posts, read 8,030,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post
I don't live there, but my suggestion is to contact a gay organization. Just use google. For example:
Gaychurch.org: Affirming Gay and lesbian Christian (GLBT) Web Site (http://www.gaychurch.org/ - broken link)

If there isn't a church in your immediate area, you can always call one of the others and ask for a referral.

Excuse my ignorance, but I was surprised to see such a long list. I'm not gay, but I just assumed most churches would be anti-gay. Nice to know that there's a place for everyone!
I just assumed most churches would accept gays. After all, no one should flout their sexuality at church. How would anyone ever know?

Old 01-05-2009, 04:25 AM

10,599 posts, read 17,889,499 times
Quote:

Well this is off topic politics but....This is political propaganda that the media feeds everyone. Even Sarah Palin's church was attacked unfairly just for putting an insert in a mailed flyer for an event in another town. I saw the pastor be interviewed and he said the problems that members brought to him stemming from THEIR FAMILIES were the overriding issue and since he didn't necessarily have the first hand expertise to help them other than religiously...he thought it would be helpful to extend their circles to the other group having the event. Then again socially you'd expect more issues in Alaska than Florida.

Old 01-05-2009, 04:26 AM

10,599 posts, read 17,889,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilybeans View Post
I just assumed most churches would accept gays. After all, no one should flout their sexuality at church. How would anyone ever know?
I think the perceived issue would be the preachers bashing gays or being unaccepting of LGBT lifestyles in the church in sermons etc.

Old 01-08-2009, 02:20 AM

14,268 posts, read 18,926,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by runswithscissors View Post
This is political propaganda that the media feeds everyone.
I've witnessed it many times, so my assumption had nothing to do with the media or political propaganda. There are many ministers who denounce homosexuals as being deviates and sinners.
Quote:
I think the perceived issue would be the preachers bashing gays or being unaccepting of LGBT lifestyles in the church in sermons etc.
Did you hear the Pope a couple of weeks ago? He said "Saving mankind from homosexual and transsexual behavior is just as important as saving the rainforest from destruction." I "perceived" nothing from that statement. It sounded pretty clear-cut to me.

Sorry, the OP asked where to find a church, so this wasn't supposed to turn into a political discussion.

Last edited by justNancy; 01-08-2009 at 02:30 AM..

Old 01-08-2009, 08:28 AM

9,524 posts, read 16,507,823 times
I hope the person found the information they are seeking.

Old 01-16-2009, 04:14 AM

Thank you for your response. No one would "see" that I was gay. But, I know and God knows. God accepts and loves all. But, most churches are not gayfriendly. I want to know that I am loved by my church just like God loves me. I wish and yes Pray, that one day it is like that.

Old 01-16-2009, 04:21 AM

Quote:
Runwithscissors, You are correct too. I have can not understand how a person of God ,can preach that any humans is " Better" than they are. This is not what God did. He befriended every one.

Last edited by shuwilly; 01-16-2009 at 04:23 AM.. Reason: incorrect wording

Old 01-16-2009, 04:27 AM

Quote:

And why would this be? Is this what God teaches? Does He not accept and love everyone? Is one better than another? I'm sorry but I don't understand this?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach