Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach
 [Register]
Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach St. Lucie, Martin, and Indian River counties (Treasure Coast)
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-24-2009, 03:09 PM

587 posts, read 1,135,629 times

Advertisements

it appears I may be heading to Florida, sometime in late March or early April. I made a couple of visits in November, December and this month to look at properties. The agent we had took us to the nothern cities in Palm Beach County like Palm Beach Gardens(nice, but expensive), Jupiter(Abacoa), and North Palm Beach(nothing there).....we made the drive into Martin county and it seems more of what we were looking for, so we were leaning toward one of the three areas to live in: Palm city, Stuart, or Jensen Beach.....

We like Jensen Beach...its beautiful over there, but I will be working in Jupiter and Im a little concerned about the commute.....Palm City looks to be rather quiet, while Stuart is the largest of the three, and is bordered by the other two.

For all you Treasure Coast and Palm Beach County peeps, whats your thoughts on those areas, and would you recommend them to anyone coming to live in your state for the first time? Thanks for the help.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-25-2009, 08:41 AM

2,473 posts, read 5,457,851 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by v2four View Post
it appears I may be heading to Florida, sometime in late March or early April. I made a couple of visits in November, December and this month to look at properties. The agent we had took us to the nothern cities in Palm Beach County like Palm Beach Gardens(nice, but expensive), Jupiter(Abacoa), and North Palm Beach(nothing there).....we made the drive into Martin county and it seems more of what we were looking for, so we were leaning toward one of the three areas to live in: Palm city, Stuart, or Jensen Beach.....

We like Jensen Beach...its beautiful over there, but I will be working in Jupiter and Im a little concerned about the commute.....Palm City looks to be rather quiet, while Stuart is the largest of the three, and is bordered by the other two.

For all you Treasure Coast and Palm Beach County peeps, whats your thoughts on those areas, and would you recommend them to anyone coming to live in your state for the first time? Thanks for the help.
As long as you're nice, we'd LOVE to have ya!! Have you also checked out Hobe Sound?? (just south of Stuart)

Jensen Beach would probably be the most "economical" of the 3 areas. Palm City & Stuart are a bit more pricey from what I've seen lately. Palm City is more "rural-ish" with a lotta horse country & expensive. Stuart is more "towny-feeling" & is moderate in price. Jensen is more "laid-back" & has more of an "artsy" feel to it. Seems not as expensive as Palm City or Stuart, but that all hinges on what you find house-wise & your lifestyle.

All 3 areas are beautiful & each has their own positives & negatives.

As far as the commute to Jupiter, when I moved here I was living in a condo In PSL (while they were building my house in Stuart) & commuted to Jupiter. I didn't find it stressful or overly long. (the stress now would be if gas prices soar again!!)

If you're looking for a house, just make sure you get one that's "hurricane-resistant". Whatever ones you end up looking at, go over the structure with a fine-tooth comb, & get inspections done!!

The best thing about all 3 areas is that you are never far from amenities or the beach!!

If I can help any other way, feel free to DM me!!

Old 01-25-2009, 01:22 PM

2,143 posts, read 8,037,410 times
Jensen Beach was it's own town and not much too it for a long time. Then in the 80's the mall was built and it turned in to what you see today. Stuart is the county seat and the major town in Martin County. Palm City is a suburb of Stuart.

Jensen, Stuart and Palm City are really one area. It is much easier to get to Jupiter from Palm City, then it is from Jensen.

Old 01-26-2009, 07:28 AM

4,507 posts, read 9,210,003 times
From personal experience....it's almost a half hour to get from Jensen Beach to I95 in the morning. That's one of the reasons I ended up moving. You are locked in with no way to get out to anywhere very easily.

Old 01-27-2009, 05:54 PM

4 posts, read 14,383 times
Jensen Beach to Jupiter is a long commute. I live in Port Salerno (north of Hobe Sound and south of Stuart) and commute to Jupiter. It's an unstressful 1/2 hour communte. Check out Miles Grant community on Cove Road and on the Intracoastal. It's quiet and safe.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach