Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon > Portland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-11-2012, 05:15 PM

33 posts, read 62,578 times

Advertisements

Portland is no different from whatever hellhole you came from before.. please do not bother because you will be dealing with rude people in a polite way of course but clearly, natives do not want newcomers to come. I am telling you the gods honest truth to anyone who is even considering coming to Portland. The weather, great.. everything else sucks though. Research very good.. Also this place is NOT good to try and meet a nice girl.. never. You might as well stay in CA and let these natives have this depressing place. Its what they want and you'd be a lot better off too.. Take it from someone who moved there. If you end up in a not so good neighborhood and you are not a liberal, your Portland experience will be bad and even if you are a lib, there is no guarantee it will fully work.. you better bring money, work and a girl.. thats all I got to say or you are in for a ride.

Old 09-11-2012, 05:19 PM

378 posts, read 974,993 times
9/10 - you'll get a lot of bites with that one.

Old 09-11-2012, 05:23 PM

Well gee I hope so dan. Many naive people need to be woken up about the reality of Portland. Its not all roses and Portlandia like people are lead to believe.

Old 09-11-2012, 05:40 PM

9,961 posts, read 17,533,732 times
Oh boy, this thread will be fun...

Old 09-11-2012, 06:08 PM

3,391 posts, read 7,164,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coughlan616 View Post
Well gee I hope so dan. Many naive people need to be woken up about the reality of Portland. Its not all roses and Portlandia like people are lead to believe.
Anyone who moves anywhere without doing their own research and due diligence deserves what they get. And anyone who takes advice from an internet forum without a huge grain of salt is foolish. I'm sorry Portland didn't live up to your expectations. Hopefully your next move will find you in a more compatible environment.

Old 09-11-2012, 06:47 PM

584 posts, read 1,341,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coughlan616 View Post
Portland is no different from whatever hellhole you came from before.. please do not bother because you will be dealing with rude people in a polite way of course but clearly, natives do not want newcomers to come. I am telling you the gods honest truth to anyone who is even considering coming to Portland. The weather, great.. everything else sucks though. Research very good.. Also this place is NOT good to try and meet a nice girl.. never. You might as well stay in CA and let these natives have this depressing place. Its what they want and you'd be a lot better off too.. Take it from someone who moved there. If you end up in a not so good neighborhood and you are not a liberal, your Portland experience will be bad and even if you are a lib, there is no guarantee it will fully work.. you better bring money, work and a girl.. thats all I got to say or you are in for a ride.
Since you already open this thread for a lot of comments i guess....Why not details some of the stuffs you wrote above so people will atleast, get a sense of what you are pin pointing.
I can understand it tough to meet a nice girl though

Old 09-11-2012, 06:47 PM

7,785 posts, read 18,837,514 times
Let's see... Portland's a horrible place filled with horrible people. Sacramento's a horrible place filled with horrible people and "overrun with Mexicans and blacks," according to you. Perhaps it's time to take a look at yourself in a mirror, or at least read over your own internet posts and see if perhaps you yourself are not a huge part of the problem.

Old 09-11-2012, 06:54 PM

6,926 posts, read 6,553,639 times
There is a possibility I will be moving to Portland in about 2 years after I save up the moving for moving expenses and living expenses. Now I will have to look into things a little more deeply before I do. TY for the tip about Portlanders.

Old 09-11-2012, 06:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimballette View Post
Anyone who moves anywhere without doing their own research and due diligence deserves what they get. And anyone who takes advice from an internet forum without a huge grain of salt is foolish. I'm sorry Portland didn't live up to your expectations. Hopefully your next move will find you in a more compatible environment.
I thought I did thorough research and the place still didn't pan out for me so what gives? This comes from someone who did his homework too. The weather wasn't even it and honestly, I think they use that for an excuse.. theres OTHER problems. Many of my issues were actually in broad sunlight.

Old 09-11-2012, 07:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PNW-type-gal View Post
Let's see... Portland's a horrible place filled with horrible people. Sacramento's a horrible place filled with horrible people and "overrun with Mexicans and blacks," according to you. Perhaps it's time to take a look at yourself in a mirror, or at least read over your own internet posts and see if perhaps you yourself are not a huge part of the problem.
Ok its great you say this because for me, the West Coast is bad in general and rather crazy. They don't call this the wild west for nothing. I prefer the East anyday.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon > Portland