Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting > Pregnancy
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-10-2007, 07:23 PM

306 posts, read 1,249,192 times

Advertisements

I used them ... It took us 11 months and I was age 40.

The best advise I have is to check your vaginal mucus DAILY (sorry if it's too graphic ) but, seriously,
check your mucus every day in the morning, noon and night ... when it's like egg whites - jump your man Then jump him again the next day ... and so one.

Egg white mucus (clear and stretchy) is a good sign that you are ovulating or near ovulation.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-10-2007, 09:42 PM

186 posts, read 660,506 times
Get the book Taking Charge of Your Fertility. It worked for me within three months (but we were trying to influence gender) and I gave it to a friend who'd been trying for a year. She conceived the next month.

Old 12-11-2007, 09:28 AM

306 posts, read 1,249,192 times
Default That's the book!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPV2NC View Post
Get the book Taking Charge of Your Fertility. It worked for me within three months (but we were trying to influence gender) and I gave it to a friend who'd been trying for a year. She conceived the next month.
That's the book I was trying to remember!

Old 12-11-2007, 12:17 PM

23,901 posts, read 33,682,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlleyTD View Post
I used them ... It took us 11 months and I was age 40.

The best advise I have is to check your vaginal mucus DAILY (sorry if it's too graphic ) but, seriously,
check your mucus every day in the morning, noon and night ... when it's like egg whites - jump your man Then jump him again the next day ... and so one.

Egg white mucus (clear and stretchy) is a good sign that you are ovulating or near ovulation.
LOL... good advice. I'm not thinking of more kids (ever) but it's true for me. I can always tell when I'm ovulating.. my insides feel it.. for lack of a better description.. I also get bloated leading up to it.

Old 12-11-2007, 12:23 PM

1,363 posts, read 5,934,073 times
I used the Clearblue kit and I got pregnant the 1st month of trying. I found it not as stressful because it told me exactly when I was ovulating. Good Luck!!

Old 12-13-2007, 09:57 AM

1,016 posts, read 4,547,038 times
My husband and I have decided we are ready for baby #2. I went off the pill about 6 months ago, and we have been actively trying for the past 3 months. I don't think I have any fertility problems because I got pregnant with my 19-month-old son VERY easily, in fact, we weren't even trying. I like to call him a welcome surprise. I'm still fairly young (I will be 30 next month) so age shouldn't be an issue. This is the first time I have actually tried to get pregnant. I guess I was expecting it to be effortless since I got pregnant with my son so easily, and I'm really getting the urge now because two of my close friends and my sister-in-law just found out they are pregnant. So I went and bought some of the ovulation test strips to help out the process, but the ones I bought are a little different then the ones talked about on this thread. It contains 20 strips that you dip in a cup of urine every day for a month starting the day after your period ends. (I think the others contain 7 strips and look more like a pregnancy test.) Has anyone tried the kind I'm talking about with success? I thought this kind might be better for me than the 7 strip kind because I have irregular cycles.

And good luck to you, Roma!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting > Pregnancy