Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Prescott
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-16-2011, 08:53 PM

4,235 posts, read 14,063,176 times

Advertisements

Is the Pine Cone Inn (I think that was the name) a little ways out White Spar still open?.....we ate there more than 15 or so years ago and it had a very wine-and-candlelight, retro, 1950s-feel to it that was very cool....very unchanged and even a little stodgy..... thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-16-2011, 10:06 PM

1,329 posts, read 3,539,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by azdr0710 View Post
Is the Pine Cone Inn (I think that was the name) a little ways out White Spar still open?.....we ate there more than 15 or so years ago and it had a very wine-and-candlelight, retro, 1950s-feel to it that was very cool....very unchanged and even a little stodgy..... thanks
They closed around three years ago, and new owners opened it up last fall or so. They were still open a few weeks ago.

Old 07-17-2011, 01:39 AM

122 posts, read 719,809 times
This place was very good. Ate there a couple of times.

Willow Creek Restaurant, Prescott, AZ 86301 powered by LOOBOO.com - local restaurant, dining

They are closed on Sundays. Found out the last time we were in Prescott. So we ended up at Murphy's Steak House. It was good, but not great.

Old 07-17-2011, 12:56 PM

203 posts, read 750,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OneWayStreet View Post
This place was very good. Ate there a couple of times.

Willow Creek Restaurant, Prescott, AZ 86301 powered by LOOBOO.com - local restaurant, dining

They are closed on Sundays. Found out the last time we were in Prescott. So we ended up at Murphy's Steak House. It was good, but not great.
I've eaten at Willow Creek (should go back someday soon,) and it's very good. Old house, and I like the decor. Yes, I don't like their hours, but I guess it's family owned, so they can close anytime they want to.

I think Murphy's is way overrated. It's good enough, but not great - especially for the prices they charge.

Does anyone know anything about "Lefty's Steak House" in Dewey? I seldom get out that way except to pass it going to Phoenix or heading to Cliffs Castle, but it's always crowded so I thought I might try it sometime. Anybody know if it's any good?

Old 07-17-2011, 06:02 PM

1,929 posts, read 5,918,453 times
Willow Creek Inn has great prime rib on Fridays and they have a guitar player/singer - at least they used to. We just discovered Dry Gulch behind Iron Springs Cafe. It's a little hole-in-the-wall place with a guitar player/singer. We had a lot of fun there a few weeks ago. Monks has 1/2 price drinks all day Thursday. There patio out back is awesome. And, The Raven is always one of our favorite places to go.

Old 07-18-2011, 06:57 PM

7 posts, read 13,707 times
Default Great Place

We really enjoyed The Raven Cafe. Dined upstairs during an awesome Prescott sunset. Total area should have been N.S. but we now know where to sit.

Liked the organic offerings

Old 07-18-2011, 10:03 PM

Alfonso's on Gurley next to Enterprise rent a car is not really my favorite, but I go there for their carne asada burrito. It is as good as I have had anywhere.

Additionally, they have a very good condiment bar, which is sure to have a salsa that will please you. They also have the little Mexican limes if you are a lime squeezer.

For dessert, they have quite a selection of those Mexican-style ice cream bars (flavored with natural fruit) which are the greatest. I never eat there without having one of those.

Old 07-20-2011, 10:32 PM

4,235 posts, read 14,063,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wretched wrench View Post
They closed around three years ago, and new owners opened it up last fall or so. They were still open a few weeks ago.
Pine Cone Inn....

did the new owners do a lot of changes or leave it feeling a bit wine-and-candlelight 1950s?.....thanks

Old 07-20-2011, 10:36 PM

We haven't eaten there since they re-opened. Kinda waiting for opinions before we commit.

Old 07-21-2011, 11:38 AM

1,929 posts, read 5,918,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by azdr0710 View Post
Pine Cone Inn....

did the new owners do a lot of changes or leave it feeling a bit wine-and-candlelight 1950s?.....thanks
It's still wine-and-candlelight. Here's their website. You can google them for reviews. Dining & Dancing, Live Music | Prescott, AZ (http://pineconeinnprescott.com/ - broken link)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Prescott