Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Prescott
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-02-2011, 06:04 PM

240 posts, read 419,978 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by observer53 View Post
Going to Prescott for a few days in September for a seminar. Looking at this thread, I'll need to try out a few new places! Looking forward to it!

Hope you have fun. Need a tour guide (me)?? LOL!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-08-2011, 09:50 AM

17,914 posts, read 43,394,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joanna76 View Post
Hope you have fun. Need a tour guide (me)?? LOL!
I always have fun in Prescott. Nice to hear about some new places to try, though!

Old 08-08-2011, 12:36 PM

1,329 posts, read 3,537,096 times
I know people are often dismissive regarding restaurant chains, but I keep going back to Red Robin for their Blue Ribbon Burger. I have even made addicts out of a few friends.

Does anyone remember the scene from Falling Down, where Michael Douglas says "What's wrong with this picture?", it doesn't apply here. Both the menu and the website picture what they serve.

Old 08-15-2011, 12:11 AM

Back on steaks...........the Kirkland Bar and Steak House is a great place. We have only had their rib eye, but they are so good that is all we order. All steaks are cooked over a mesquite fire, and are EXACTLY the way you order them.

And their salad with the house ranch/bleu cheese dressing is among the best restaurant salads anywhere. However, you better like classic country music, since that is what the jukebox plays.

I haven't eaten at all the steak places, but this is the best so far. By far.

Sunday nights seniors get a break.

Check the web site. Herb really takes his beef seriously. And their home baked cakes KILL. They are so rich and flavorful we just split one.

Old 08-16-2011, 11:17 PM

203 posts, read 749,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wretched wrench View Post
Back on steaks...........the Kirkland Bar and Steak House is a great place.
I may give that a try, as it looks like it's a pretty drive to get there also.

About how long does it take from Prescott?

Old 08-16-2011, 11:50 PM

There are two ways, Iron Springs and White Spar. White Spar is more scenic, but we use Iron springs at night, as White Spar is twisty. Iron Springs takes you right there. Using 89, you turn right at Kirkland Junction. Under 45 min either way. From the train station.

Old 08-25-2011, 05:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Low Roller View Post
I may give that a try, as it looks like it's a pretty drive to get there also.

About how long does it take from Prescott?

It's quite a drive, if you like to drive far. It's about 35 miles from Prescott. But to eat that far, is okay, but go have fun while you're there.

Old 08-25-2011, 05:14 PM

Quote:
Back on steaks...........the Kirkland Bar and Steak House is a great place. We have only had their rib eye, but they are so good that is all we order. All steaks are cooked over a mesquite fire, and are EXACTLY the way you order them.

And their salad with the house ranch/bleu cheese dressing is among the best restaurant salads anywhere. However, you better like classic country music, since that is what the jukebox plays.

I haven't eaten at all the steak places, but this is the best so far. By far.

Sunday nights seniors get a break.

Check the web site. Herb really takes his beef seriously. And their home baked cakes KILL. They are so rich and flavorful we just split one.
Is the Burro Inn still open there (it's just down the road from Kirkland in Wilhoit)? I loved that place, but haven't been in that area since 2007. Love to go again.

Old 08-25-2011, 10:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joanna76 View Post
Is the Burro Inn still open?
Yup.

Old 08-26-2011, 10:08 AM

Quote:
Yup.

Wow, thanks. I'll try to go there again sometime. Maybe next summer.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Prescott