Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Prescott
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-31-2011, 11:27 PM

250 posts, read 1,118,843 times

Advertisements

IMHO...
Best breakfast - Apple Pan on Gurley St., fantastic, tasty breakfast at great prices!
Best Mexican - Casa Alvarez on White Spar Rd., the tacos Al Pastor are to die for as is the tortilla soup.
Best Italian - LaBuzza's on Iron Springs Rd., absolutely love the chicken Parmesan, bring your own booze!
Best burger - Firehouse Kitchen on Goodwin St., plumpest, juiciest burgers without being greasy, tasty pop-overs for free as well.
Best brewpub - Prescott Brewing Company on Gurley St., best Arizona brew south of Oak Creek Brewery, love the black bean burger.
Best Chinese - Canton Dragon on Montezuma St., excellent and cheap lunch menu!
Best ice cream - Young's Farm Treat Shop on Montezuma, delicious homemade ice cream and sugary treats galore!

Worst remodel - Gurley Street Grill on Gurley St., Changed the atmosphere, changed the menu, murdered the Sonoran corn chowder! Completely lost all of it's charm!!!
Worst new restaurant - Prescott Steakhouse on Miller Valley Rd., I've had better steaks at Denny's... what's with all the hype?
Worts restaurant - Any chain, Why go to a run of the mill chain when Prescott has so many tasty, locally owned Establishments?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-01-2011, 12:19 AM

1,329 posts, read 3,538,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by inderocker View Post
IMHO...

Worst new restaurant - Prescott Steakhouse on Miller Valley Rd.,. what's with all the hype?
A claque of loyal friends who write letters to the Courier. And a liberal salting of the owner's own self-serving comments. I think there was even one from an employee there.

Old 08-02-2011, 01:00 PM

240 posts, read 420,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Low Roller View Post
Here's a subject we can (possibly) all get along on.

I have a few favorites I regularly frequent, but am always looking for other good dining spots to try.

Does anyone have a favorite place or places that are exceptionally good - especially ones that are perhaps not well known?

A couple of mine are "Casa Bonita" for Mexican (especially the one in PV - as I think it has better chefs) and "Fujiyama" for Japanese. I also like "Texas Roadhouse" for steak. It's a chain, of course, but puts out excellent steaks at reasonable prices.

I've yet to try "Lefty's Steakhouse" in Dewey. Any comments good or bad about it?

This might be a very fun and educational thread - let's hope.

"Lefty's Steakhouse" is okay, but the employers in there aren't very nice and the menu is way too expensive there.

"Casa Bonita" is renamed as "Plaza Bonita" (they changed the name about a few months ago or so).

Old 08-02-2011, 01:02 PM

I love Plaza Bonita (used to be called Casa Bonita), Garcia's, Fireside Grill, Prescott Brewing Co., & Celtic's Crossing Pub & Restaurant.

Old 08-02-2011, 01:24 PM

533 posts, read 1,461,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joanna76 View Post
Celtic's Crossing Pub & Restaurant.
Ah, good pull -- wife and I went there some time ago, had a great time, chatted with one of the owners, listened to pleasant live music, good food. Comfortable environment, very enjoyable.

Old 08-02-2011, 01:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esenjay View Post
Ah, good pull -- wife and I went there some time ago, had a great time, chatted with one of the owners, listened to pleasant live music, good food. Comfortable environment, very enjoyable.

I love it there! I hardly ever go, but when I do, I have a great time. I just love their food too! It's great. I hope they stay around forever...

Old 08-02-2011, 02:36 PM

5 posts, read 22,983 times
definitely Celtic Crossings. I absolutely love that place, the fish n chips are to die for. And I know fish n chips, I'm a New Zealander.

Old 08-02-2011, 02:50 PM

203 posts, read 749,928 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joanna76 View Post
"Lefty's Steakhouse" is okay, but the employers in there aren't very nice and the menu is way too expensive there.
Thank you for that - though it is a disappointing report. I'll take Lefty's off my todo list. Thanks again.

Quote:
"Casa Bonita" is renamed as "Plaza Bonita" (they changed the name about a few months ago or so).
I know the one in Prescott did, but not sure about the one in PV on Spouse Drive. It might still be "Casa" (I've never really noticed.) No matter the name, it's still very good Mex.

I've seen "Celtic's," but never considered it. I will visit there now, and thanks for that report also.

Old 08-02-2011, 05:38 PM

17,914 posts, read 43,404,840 times
Going to Prescott for a few days in September for a seminar. Looking at this thread, I'll need to try out a few new places! Looking forward to it!

Old 08-02-2011, 06:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Low Roller View Post
Thank you for that - though it is a disappointing report. I'll take Lefty's off my todo list. Thanks again.

I know the one in Prescott did, but not sure about the one in PV on Spouse Drive. It might still be "Casa" (I've never really noticed.) No matter the name, it's still very good Mex.

I've seen "Celtic's," but never considered it. I will visit there now, and thanks for that report also.

The one on P.V. is now Plaza Bonita. Just went there last week with my friend. They changed the name there too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Prescott