Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Prescott
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-04-2010, 08:12 PM

3,062 posts, read 6,719,176 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by butte50 View Post
I wish someone would address the cost of living. It is getting so there are no good jobs anywhere anymore. Presscott or anyplace else. My husband needs to be near a VA, which Prescott has. Right now he drives 2 hours yo Vegas and it is disgusting ( North Las vegas). I hate Reid just baised on the way his state treats Veterans. We have always loved Presscott but fear the "you have to have money to live here". Any help would be great. We hate big cities. Open to anyplace with a decent VA and decent climate.
Under $1k ($750-1000) will rent you a nice 3/2 here. My water/sewer/trash service is normally $85 or about every month.
We have both natural gas and electrical service. We do use the AC when it gets above 87° (which is not all that often) or so and when we do the electrical bill can hit $140 or so but the gas bill goes low to $50-60. They swap in the winter. In the spring and fall the total bill for both runs around $120-150.
We are retired so we are home most of the time so we are using the utilities all the time.
And I hear many like the VA here. I am a vet '66-72 but I don't use them for anything myself.
I hope this helps.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-04-2010, 11:44 PM

1,229 posts, read 3,879,896 times
Another reason on WHY not to move here, is the town is full of racists. I am ashamed to live in such a town:

Denied:1up! Software ()

Old 06-11-2010, 01:27 PM

4 posts, read 6,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DellNec View Post
Another reason on WHY not to move here, is the town is full of racists. I am ashamed to live in such a town:

[URL="http://www.prescottaz.com/main.asp?TypeID=1&ArticleID=81753&SectionID=1&SubS ectionID=1086&Page=2"]Denied:1up! Software ()[/URL]
Prescott is a great place to live and a great place to raise a family. That's why I moved here. What you've seen in the media lately is pure nonsense. That's not Prescott. The person that has caused the whole uproar has admitted (practically bragged) about useing her friends at ABCnews for causing this thing to go viral. The group she belongs to is involved with protests all over Az (and elsewhere) I can provide links if requested. It's not unlike a few years back when a couple of newbies used their political powers to push for smoking bans. Once laws were passed, they literally moved out of Prescott within a week.

Prescott's population is overwhelmingly white (about 98%). It's not cause we're a bunch of racists, it's just the way it is. Not everything has a hidden meaning. Unfortunately, those with an agenda are the ones to scream racist, bigot, and other names in an effort to silence the opposition.

Like I said before, Prescott is a great place to live and raise a family. I moved here from the big apple some years ago and have never looked back. The biggest problem here is the lack of jobs (but that's not limited to Prescott).

Everyone has different opinions about everything. I would suggest spending a week here if you can. You can certainly cover a lot of ground and get a good feel of what things are like for yourself. That's what I did, and the last time I visited NY, I couldn't wait to get back home.

Old 06-26-2010, 01:29 PM

250 posts, read 1,120,799 times
Quote:

Okay, so what's the issue? Reading the article it looks like all has been resolved....

Old 06-26-2010, 01:59 PM

1,229 posts, read 3,879,896 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by inderocker View Post
Okay, so what's the issue? Reading the article it looks like all has been resolved....
Nothing has been resolved because DEEP INSIDE those people who said those things, are still bigots.

Old 06-30-2010, 10:12 AM

605 posts, read 1,095,535 times
I hope to move to AZ in the near future, I can't understand why some of you think it's expensive to live in Prescott. I'm in the North East, my home is worth approx. $375,000, (3 br. 2.5 ba) no big deal, we pay $8,800 per year in property taxes.
Subtract the wind, and Prescott sounds fantastic to us.

Old 06-30-2010, 10:36 AM

1,929 posts, read 5,940,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rosco917 View Post
I hope to move to AZ in the near future, I can't understand why some of you think it's expensive to live in Prescott. I'm in the North East, my home is worth approx. $375,000, (3 br. 2.5 ba) no big deal, we pay $8,800 per year in property taxes.
Subtract the wind, and Prescott sounds fantastic to us.
Your property taxes will drop $5,000 per year! Property taxes on a $375K home should run about $3,500-$4,000 per year.

Old 06-30-2010, 04:44 PM

128 posts, read 432,679 times
Quote:

Then why do you????????

George

Old 07-01-2010, 10:06 PM

100 posts, read 253,088 times
Mod Cut: Personal attack.

If there is one thing to hate about Prescott is that a small group of hateful extremists "Alternative Transportation" people think that they can control a entire community!

Thankfully the majority of Prescott residents are making a stand against the left-wing race batters!!

Last edited by Grannysroost; 07-09-2010 at 01:22 PM.. Reason: no9

Old 07-03-2010, 03:11 PM

3,966 posts, read 10,720,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by muz14599 View Post
Thankfully the majority of Prescott residents are making a stand against the left-wing race batters!!
That's good and your words don't seem contradictory compared to what I've seen. When I visit my favorite local business, the sacred bean, I saw a black and white couple come in. I didn't see a giant group of people with pitch forks and torches coming in.

But maybe the problem is passive racism and not active racism like it is with extremist groups?

I personally love the area, reminds me of a bigger pinetop/show low area. Why would I not move here? If I didn't have a entrepreneurship mind or if I wasn't doctor.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Prescott