Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Who will take everything?
New England Patriots 15 46.88%
Pittsburgh Steelers 6 18.75%
Indianapolis Colts 0 0%
Kansas City Chiefs 0 0%
Baltimore Ravens 1 3.13%
New York Jets 0 0%
Atlanta Falcons 4 12.50%
Chicago Bears 1 3.13%
Philadelphia Eagles 1 3.13%
Seattle Seahawks 1 3.13%
New Orleans Saints 0 0%
Green Bay Packers 3 9.38%
Voters: 32. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-25-2011, 04:29 PM

1,302 posts, read 4,574,921 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by anon1 View Post
At Dorian I hear what you're saying but again there is no way either of us can be unbiased in discussing this game... I'll admit my comments went waaaayyyy left while yours went waaaaayyyyy right... We'll just agree to meet in the middle. I know for a fact that the Jets came out flat along with the rest of ESPN in the first half and im sorry to say this bro, but only a Steeler fan watching that game would think otherwise...

I'll give you that maybe the Steelers relaxed a bit in the 3rd quarter when they gave up the two runbacks right off the bat, but as soon as Jets caught some momentum, the timeout that was never called slowed them to a halt. Im sure there were one or two bad calls against the Steelers and I did see the ones you were talking about, (refs will make some bad calls during a game) however that being said, watching that game the bad calls were heavily in favor of the jets... Now like i said before, this wasn't the deciding factor in them losing, but it did play a role in slowing momentum down at least in the 3rd quarter.

And theres no way that when the jets had the Steelers on 3rd and 6 and everyone including Steelers fans were expecting run and the Jets were prepared to stop them with 2:00 to go that you were just chilling out in the couch completely relaxed... Im sorry man, but i really dont buy that. That play threw everyone off guard and was the only reason we are sitting right now discussing the Steelers victory rather than the Jets improbable comeback...

Steelers did not fall asleep on D for two quarters. You could see them going after Sanchez the entire fourth quarter, he was just good at deeking them, and moving around in the pocket. They had no answer for him. But again, we are both biased fans so anything we say has to be taken for what its worth. I will just agree to disagree on this one because seeing the 2nd half of that game, theres no way in my mind watching it, that Sanchez wouldn't have scored on that final drive had he had the chance to do so... he is that good in the 4th quarter. and hes done it countless times before...

What i loved was his cool demeanor throughout the whole waiting period. They were down 24 points and as he was making the comeback, he was as relaxed as anyone, just calmly waiting for his turn to help his team comeback... If that aint a leader, I dont know what is... and this dude is only what 23 years old... Im just tired of people not realizing talent when its so evident... Its the same thing with Roethlisberger... frustrations aside, despite his numbers, he does what it takes to win... Sanchez I feel already has proven he is the same way... but anyways we'll see next year what happens.

One more thing, the point spread got it waaayyy wrong. I got Pittsburg by 8.5 at least... Im not even looking forward to this game, cause it is going to be a blowout... The only way they mess this up, is if they do what they did in the third quarter for an extended period of time. They need to keep pushing the tempo if they want to hold their blowout... I could easily see a 20 point difference if Greenbay doesn't fix their problems on defense and Rodgers doesn't bounce back from that Chicago game cause he really wasn't that great at all...

I honestly knew they were going to pass the ball on 3rd and 6 and if they didn't I would have been angry. I do agree with you about Sanchez getting hot, he was on a roll after the D shut down. By time the Steelers felt Sanchez as a threat he was already on fire, but I would have bet $5,000 that even if Sanchez got the ball back they would have not scored. Rather you believe it or not I was just relaxing because I have seen this all before. Now the SB against Arizona I was nervous but still felt like they would pull it out. I don't know if you watched espn first take on Monday, but Ryan Clark was on there and he was asked why they started letting the Jets comeback and he said that they got way too relaxed and they had a hard time getting back to game form, they had lost their intensity. And he said he also felt they were going to throw the ball and win because he has faith in Ben.

But I do still agree with you about Sanchez. I believe you are right and also the others are partially right also. What I mean by that is that yes Sanchez is average when it comes to certain things. He has an average arm with average accuracy, slightly above average mobility, and he almost always has very average stats. But what he has that a lot of other QBs don't have is a winners mentality. That is the issue I have with stats, because that is an untraceable stat. Quarterbacks like Manning rack up on yardage and TD stats, but those stats don't directly lead to championships. Sanchez has that it factor, but his issue is going to be his team. His window to win championships is going to close a lot quicker than someone like Roethlisberger's. The Jets built their team unconventionally. They have a lot of players who were already proven in the NFL unlike the Steelers who seem to have people pop up out of the wood work and make huge plays in big games. There is NO WAY the Jets can keep this team core together for more than a few years. Actually I think they will be changed dramatically next year. How will they afford to keep Holmes, Edwards, Tomlinson, and Cromartie along with other pieces they may need to solidify?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-25-2011, 04:30 PM

3,025 posts, read 6,809,438 times
LMBO... 6 paragraphs a grueling dissertation... dude you gotta be hispanic... LOL (before anyone declares me racist, im hispanic myself)...

Old 01-25-2011, 04:39 PM

I saw the first take... I had it recorded so I could see Skips take on his boy Jay Cutler lol... It was pretty much just like I pictured it, he covered up for his college buddy from Vanderbilt and couldn't accept the fact that he was wrong and that Cutler is not as good as he thinks...

But at your other comments, Ryan Clark is simply one fullbacks opinion of what happened in the game... That 3rd and 6 move was risky but brilliant and had they not made that conversion, it would have been a terrible move... but Roethelisberger got flushed out of the pocket and made an incredible pass which is what makes Ben, Ben. But that game was far closer than what people are making it seem...

At the Jets window thing, ESPN and others have said it themselves that no coach is better at defending his players than Rex Ryan and majority of the league if given the choice would play for him in a heartbeat... People may not like his style (I personally love it, hes real), but the fact remains that come next year even if he doesn't sign the same people (Tomlinson could be replaced with a younger RB, sounds messed up but reality's reality), he will have plenty to choose from. And Sanchez will only get better. People forget that hes only two years removed from college ball with two AFC championships under his belt already...

Old 01-25-2011, 04:40 PM

15,144 posts, read 27,791,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghengis View Post
Why the conundrum? You obviously could not have known about this degenerate personality trait before you were married and would be (at the very least) grounds for an anullment.
ROFLMAO - Thanks! I needed a laugh (and just read this outloud to him)

Old 01-25-2011, 04:45 PM

Quote:
LMBO... 6 paragraphs a grueling dissertation... dude you gotta be hispanic... LOL (before anyone declares me racist, im hispanic myself)...

LOL, but I think they were referring to my post.

Old 01-25-2011, 04:52 PM

Quote:
I saw the first take... I had it recorded so I could see Skips take on his boy Jay Cutler lol... It was pretty much just like I pictured it, he covered up for his college buddy from Vanderbilt and couldn't accept the fact that he was wrong and that Cutler is not as good as he thinks...

But at your other comments, Ryan Clark is simply one fullbacks opinion of what happened in the game... That 3rd and 6 move was risky but brilliant and had they not made that conversion, it would have been a terrible move... but Roethelisberger got flushed out of the pocket and made an incredible pass which is what makes Ben, Ben. But that game was far closer than what people are making it seem...

At the Jets window thing, ESPN and others have said it themselves that no coach is better at defending his players than Rex Ryan and majority of the league if given the choice would play for him in a heartbeat... People may not like his style (I personally love it, hes real), but the fact remains that come next year even if he doesn't sign the same people (Tomlinson could be replaced with a younger RB, sounds messed up but reality's reality), he will have plenty to choose from. And Sanchez will only get better. People forget that hes only two years removed from college ball with two AFC championships under his belt already...

I like Rex as well and I do think a lot of players would like to play for him because they can say what ever they want to the media about the other team and he will back them up. There will be players that want to go there and the Jets will not be able to afford them. So the issues isn't players liking him, but it is players not fitting under the salary cap. Let's not forget that Sanchez is going to be asking for a new contract soon also. If this was past decades I would say it was possible for them to maintain the talent level that they have on their team, but in this modern age players tend to take money over possibilities to win rings.

Old 01-25-2011, 08:56 PM

That is sadly true... however being a jets fan i have to hope for the opposite lol... hopefully there similar to what happened with the heat, since people will see a team loaded with potential and a likeable coach they will be willing to take a pay cut...

Old 01-29-2011, 08:50 AM

5,528 posts, read 7,495,153 times
I had faith in the Pats but oh well.

are the Packs the favorite to win?

Old 01-29-2011, 02:29 PM

14,327 posts, read 14,623,274 times
Yes, depending on who you listen to though! In Dec. '09 Pack played the Steelers in a back and forth game, Pack was ahead 36-30, Steelers got a TD at the end and won the game.

They are very evenly matched, defense coaches worked together before, Capers/LeBeau, I think it will be a close game. Go Pack Go!

Old 02-03-2011, 08:31 AM

man this threads gone dead ever since the Jets got knocked out... lol. Although this Steelers vs. Packers game has some serious history on its side... Jets vs. Packers would have been a much more hyped up superbowl... Could you imagine Rex and the Jets on media day... media day this year was so boring... Ohh wells, hopefully for next year...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football