Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-05-2008, 11:05 AM

1,703 posts, read 3,871,095 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toria View Post
that makes no sense at all....
What makes no sense??? The whole thing the Patriots video assistant (Matt something or other) is saying happened during the walk through before the first Super Bowl win they had against the Rams is that they recorded the signals and plays. Coughlin didn't want there to be any opportunity for it to happen again if it did indeed happen. The Patriots sucked wind all day during the Super Bowl and didn't look at all like the team they were. Who's to say it wasn't b/c they didn't have the inside scoop this time??? It's one thing to be a fan, but don't act like it's inconcievable. It's Bill Bellichick after all. The man is not known for manners, scruples, or sportsmanship.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-05-2008, 11:07 AM

3,681 posts, read 9,059,883 times
Quote:
that makes no sense at all....
It makes no sense because you don't want it to. I'm assuming it's because you're a NE fan and in denial. To everyone else, it makes perfect sense.

Old 02-05-2008, 12:12 PM

528 posts, read 2,481,416 times
no, it makes no sense literally. You wrote "the Giants refused to let NE have a final walk through on practice". What does that mean...the Giants refused to let New England practice? I'm asking for clarification because the sentence itself doesn't make sense.

also - Matt Walsh has not said anything to anyone about taping a Rams practice. The Boston Herald reported that an unnamed "source" said they knew the practice was taped. The "source" was not named, and the "source" went on to say he/she did not know what happened to the tape or whether it was looked at or not. If the source was Walsh, you would think he he would know what happened to the tape or whether it was looked at, since that was his job.

Old 02-05-2008, 12:27 PM

At the SB, both teams are allowed a walk through during the opposing teams final practice (going by what my hubby explained) for whatever reason. The Giants refused this year - didn't want anyone from the Patriots at their practice and they didn't go to the Patriots practice. This final practice is where the "alleged" taping of the Rams signals/plays took place.

A reputable sports station in Charlotte this morning said his name and he is meeting with the NFL and the head of the Senate Judiciary Committee. Sorry if the Herald is late getting the scoop. It is also speculated that Roger Goodall saw the tapes and had them destroyed. It's a much bigger deal than people (read Pats fans) want to admit but more is coming to light all the time.

Old 02-05-2008, 12:42 PM

the Patriots cancelled their own final walk-thru, so I don't think that's correct. Anyways, not worth arguing over...

yes, supposedly the NFL is interested in meeting with Walsh. But the story (which broke last Saturday BY the Herald, so the Herald is not late on it) was that an unamed source claimed the walk-thru was taped. It did not say the source was Walsh. At this point Walsh has NOT said either way that he has tapes or did any taping of the walk thru. Check the facts.

Old 02-05-2008, 01:33 PM

3,681 posts, read 9,059,883 times
Quote:
no, it makes no sense literally. You wrote "the Giants refused to let NE have a final walk through on practice". What does that mean...the Giants refused to let New England practice? I'm asking for clarification because the sentence itself doesn't make sense.

also - Matt Walsh has not said anything to anyone about taping a Rams practice. The Boston Herald reported that an unnamed "source" said they knew the practice was taped. The "source" was not named, and the "source" went on to say he/she did not know what happened to the tape or whether it was looked at or not. If the source was Walsh, you would think he he would know what happened to the tape or whether it was looked at, since that was his job.

I think you enjoy arguing, and I don't so....... Whatever you say.....I'm done with this, think what you want or just stick your head back in the sand, I don't care.

Old 02-05-2008, 02:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Greensboro Resident View Post
I think you enjoy arguing, and I don't so....... Whatever you say.....I'm done with this, think what you want or just stick your head back in the sand, I don't care.
Tried to rep you for this one but couldn't! Ditto for me!

Old 02-05-2008, 02:10 PM

what I don't enjoy is reading posts that have no basis in fact, and yes, I will post to counter those. If you think that's arguing, so be it.

Old 02-05-2008, 09:09 PM

2,221 posts, read 2,926,999 times
If the Patriots end up being found guilty then yes, they should be punished, not the players, but the coaches and organization. IMO, you can't blame the players.

If Dungy would have came up to Peyton and said here ya go, here are the opposing teams plays/calls, do you think Peyton would have used them to his advantage? With how competitive he is, I think he would have ate it up. I am just using them as an example for our Colts fans.

Even if they did have the signals, the players still had to make the plays. Look at the home run derby in baseball, everyone knows the ball is going right down the middle, and yet it is still hard to hit a home run.

They should not strip their wins, accomplishments, and especially SBs from them. I don't think stealing signs helped Vinateri make the final FG against the Rams.

George Allen with the Redskins closed his practices because he said he knew that the Cowboys were spying, and that was decades ago. So this isn't the first time, nor will it be the last time.

Old 03-12-2008, 10:45 AM
ABM

339 posts, read 993,037 times
Default Does That Patriots Video Dude....

...have the goods, or not?

What's taking so long? I wonder if video boy is cutting a deal with Roger-buddy, who, perhaps might be attempting to save face for the entire league?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football