Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-08-2008, 08:24 PM

1,904 posts, read 3,988,851 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmarquise View Post
if you could aim those pegs a bit better, perhaps you could have pitched for the redsox and you wouldn't have lost to the mets. I highly doubt you went to any college if sarcasm so easily sails over your head. I wasn't naming dykes as a great patriot, I was naming an obscure player. guess you aren't that sharp when it comes to humor. most QB's could do pretty well if they had video of other teams calling plays. I don't think we heard enough about spygate. I think that there was probably more to it. I would watch the lions if they were on TV. I am more of a gators and redwings fan. I comment on things because it's a free forum, and I can offer an opinion. you are someone who wants no voice of opposition. you obviously have emotion tied into sports, and that is quite sad. peyton manning was like 1-2 for 4 yards the last game of the season. it's a start, but I hardly call that a game. now go cry over the bill buckner error you have recorded on beta.

p.s. thanks for the personal attack. you are really helping boston live up to the obnoxious reputation it has gained. don't worry though, I don't report. I have thick skin and believe in freedom of speech. something you seem to have a problem with.

It sailed over my head because it wasn't funny - like the majority of your posts. You chastise me for a personal attack yet you question my college education. That's offensive to me. As I previously said I enjoy a differing opinion but when you make a ridiculous, and yes unfunny, comment then expect to be challenged by others who actually know something on the topic.

I do have the 86 series on VHS and I do watch it. After that, I'll watch their last 2 championships in 04 and 07. I am such a fair weather fan that I also subscribe to all of DirecTVs sports packages (other than NHL/Nascar) so that I can watch Boston sports.

I really care that you think Boston has an obnoxious reputation.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-08-2008, 09:15 PM

8,577 posts, read 7,852,058 times
no, it sailed over your head because you have no sense of humor. you have an emotional attachment to a team you have no affiliation with. I root for the team I want to win, but feel no reason to get defensive to the point where I feel I am involved in a game of risk. I questioned your educational level, you called me an idiot. big difference. I don't care what you think about a boston reputation. I didn't ask you to care. I gave you the opinion that is held by everyone outside the city son. I know you have all those direcTV channels. every sport boston has to offer, except the bruins, because they suck. fair weather fan much? how about we get back on topic and stop this little tiff. you are becoming tiresome.

back to the original post. like I said from the beginning, I hate the patriots, but want them to do well. it will prove that brady is an average QB. that was the only point I made before capt'n talks too much went off on his little diatribe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedSoxFanGoingWest View Post

It sailed over my head because it wasn't funny - like the majority of your posts. You chastise me for a personal attack yet you question my college education. That's offensive to me. As I previously said I enjoy a differing opinion but when you make a ridiculous, and yes unfunny, comment then expect to be challenged by others who actually know something on the topic.

I do have the 86 series on VHS and I do watch it. After that, I'll watch their last 2 championships in 04 and 07. I am such a fair weather fan that I also subscribe to all of DirecTVs sports packages (other than NHL/Nascar) so that I can watch Boston sports.

I really care that you think Boston has an obnoxious reputation.

Old 10-09-2008, 07:13 AM

Quote:
no, it sailed over your head because you have no sense of humor. you have an emotional attachment to a team you have no affiliation with. I root for the team I want to win, but feel no reason to get defensive to the point where I feel I am involved in a game of risk. I questioned your educational level, you called me an idiot. big difference. I don't care what you think about a boston reputation. I didn't ask you to care. I gave you the opinion that is held by everyone outside the city son. I know you have all those direcTV channels. every sport boston has to offer, except the bruins, because they suck. fair weather fan much? how about we get back on topic and stop this little tiff. you are becoming tiresome.

back to the original post. like I said from the beginning, I hate the patriots, but want them to do well. it will prove that brady is an average QB. that was the only point I made before capt'n talks too much went off on his little diatribe.
Again, you are NOT funny so I didn't find it amusing. I don't subscribe to the NHL package because I don't like hockey, never have; probably because I can't skate! I didn't watch a single game of their short-lived play-off run last year.

You may want to go easy on the fair weather fan rant. Remember, I found this on another thread from you about your beloved Gators:

my problem is that once the gators lose, it's like, DAMN IT. should I even bother to watch anymore. who cares about the freaking citrus bowl. you kind of lose interest if you think it's going to be a down year.

Now go back to the political forums and make some more racist jokes. (I wont bother to past that one.)

Old 10-09-2008, 07:46 AM

:c rying:

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedSoxFanGoingWest View Post
Again, you are NOT funny so I didn't find it amusing. I don't subscribe to the NHL package because I don't like hockey, never have; probably because I can't skate! I didn't watch a single game of their short-lived play-off run last year.

You may want to go easy on the fair weather fan rant. Remember, I found this on another thread from you about your beloved Gators:

my problem is that once the gators lose, it's like, DAMN IT. should I even bother to watch anymore. who cares about the freaking citrus bowl. you kind of lose interest if you think it's going to be a down year.

Now go back to the political forums and make some more racist jokes. (I wont bother to past that one.)

Old 10-09-2008, 12:08 PM

194 posts, read 408,388 times
Quote:
:c rying:

Detriot Lions Fan

Old 10-09-2008, 12:33 PM

emotion invested in sports? afraid not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greendale View Post
Detriot Lions Fan

Old 10-09-2008, 12:47 PM

194 posts, read 408,388 times
Quote:
emotion invested in sports? afraid not.

Can't say I blame ya.

Old 10-13-2008, 06:20 AM

3,869 posts, read 4,080,558 times
Well, nice game D. They are looking old, and O'Neal.............burnt toast!! Delta O'Neal reminds of Otis Smith, and thats not a good thing. The Pats have a lot of work to do, and with Denver coming up, it's going to be interesting.

Last edited by Patsfan20; 10-13-2008 at 06:30 AM..

Old 10-13-2008, 10:40 AM

4,803 posts, read 8,750,800 times
Last year, you danced on our logo--this year, we owned your team.

Thanks for the memories!

Old 10-13-2008, 11:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kele View Post
Last year, you danced on our logo--this year, we owned your team.

Thanks for the memories!
Actually it was 2 years ago.

You seem to forget that a certain MVP was not playing in this game. And, it was regular season. I'd hold off on your gloating until you win a play-off game against the Pats. Hey at least LT wasn't hanging his head on the sidelines like last year's AFC championship game with that "alleged" injury!

That being said. The Pats defense is awful!! Their secondary made Rivers look a lot better than he is. I think I'm going to have to reduce my expectations - 9-7 at best. Jay Cutler has the potential to pick them apart next Monday night.

Cassell looks so scared against a solid pass rush. He has happy feet and misses some open looks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football