Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-20-2022, 02:18 PM

24,559 posts, read 18,294,526 times

Advertisements

A miracle punt return for a TD to avert an ugly 3-3 tie.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-20-2022, 03:52 PM

12,496 posts, read 9,584,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffD View Post
Yeah, Marcus Jones certainly deserves big kudos for a tremendous run, but they can't count on that every game, those will be few and far between. They need more offense generally, more pass production, and an offensive line that blocks.

Personally, I think they made a mistake picking Matt Patricia as both de facto offensive coordinator and offensive line coach. That's a lot for anyone to handle, and I don't think he's done either one before. Belichick insists that Patricia not having any experience is irrelevant, but maybe Belichick is wrong about that.

Old 11-21-2022, 06:38 PM

2,632 posts, read 4,054,236 times
6-4 is where I was hoping they’d be coming out of the bye week. As great as Folk has been, he’s been relied on a lot and you have to be able to win in spite of. Stevenson has been great as well, but I too get concerned relying on the same players. Getting past the Jets’ much improved defense is no small feat though. This Defense can hang with anyone.

Looking to Thursday, Vikings have their own things going on. After Sunday evening they’ll likely be more aggressive. Pats have struggled offensively, although I think they’ll have more chances to score against Minnesota. It will be interesting to see Cousins against the Pats’ defense.

Old 11-21-2022, 06:44 PM

14,491 posts, read 20,678,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffD View Post

At least NE put up near 300 in offense while NYJ got net of 103.

Alot of media outcry about Z. Wilson. I think the Patriot defense deserves alot of credit. And they may have won the game in over time who knows. The score should not have been 3-3 since the NE kicker missed two 44-47 yard field goals which aren't automatic but reasonable distance. Jets never got close enough to try a field goal other than the one they got.

Old 12-08-2022, 07:15 PM

In an interview prior to the upcoming game versus the Patriots, the Arizona Cardinals defensive coach, Vance Joseph observed: “I see an offense that’s running the football well. It’s a very conservative pass game. Lots of screens — a ton of screens. It’s like a defensive guy’s calling offense. It’s how a defensive guy would call offensive plays, right? Let’s not turn the ball over, let’s get 4 yards a play, let’s try to burn clock, and that’s what they’re doing. And that’s what he’s going to do on Monday night. He’s going to be patient, maybe take a shot from time to time, but for the most part, it’s run game, it’s quick game and it’s screens.

It's not clear how he is intending this, but it kind of sounds like a dis. He's not wrong though.

https://nesn.com/2022/12/patriots-lo...inals-dc-says/

Old 12-09-2022, 07:11 AM

6,329 posts, read 3,621,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OutdoorLover View Post
In an interview prior to the upcoming game versus the Patriots, the Arizona Cardinals defensive coach, Vance Joseph observed: “I see an offense that’s running the football well. It’s a very conservative pass game. Lots of screens — a ton of screens. It’s like a defensive guy’s calling offense. It’s how a defensive guy would call offensive plays, right? Let’s not turn the ball over, let’s get 4 yards a play, let’s try to burn clock, and that’s what they’re doing. And that’s what he’s going to do on Monday night. He’s going to be patient, maybe take a shot from time to time, but for the most part, it’s run game, it’s quick game and it’s screens.

It's not clear how he is intending this, but it kind of sounds like a dis. He's not wrong though.

https://nesn.com/2022/12/patriots-lo...inals-dc-says/
I'm sue Vance Joseph in reality is expecting the exact opposite now on Monday night. Both co-OC's in New England have been blasted and we've all seen the verbally frustrated Jones pleading for more plays down field. I would expect the Patriots offense to open up a lot more down the stretch. Then it will be up to the players to execute. I love the Patriots this week giving -1.5

Old 12-09-2022, 03:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill the Butcher View Post
I'm sue Vance Joseph in reality is expecting the exact opposite now on Monday night. Both co-OC's in New England have been blasted and we've all seen the verbally frustrated Jones pleading for more plays down field. I would expect the Patriots offense to open up a lot more down the stretch. Then it will be up to the players to execute. I love the Patriots this week giving -1.5
Yes, one would expect Matt Patricia to take it as an insult, and certainly the criticism of the offensive coaching went up a notch (or two) this past week for New England. And it's not like these statements are just coming from haters or click-chasers, they're coming from thoughtful former and current Patriots too. Everyone says this is too simple and too conservative - making it too easy to defend. So I agree, I think they'll try to react to what's been remarkably uniform criticism. What the result will be is anyone's guess, but it's hard to image the results getting much worse.

Last edited by OutdoorLover; 12-09-2022 at 03:51 PM..

Old 12-18-2022, 10:13 AM

The 7-6 Patriots face another mild opponent today in the Las Vegas Raiders (4-8). If the goal is still to reach the playoffs, they had better win this one as it's the Bengals, Dolphins and Bills who they'll face in the last 3 games.

Old 12-19-2022, 05:00 AM

3,869 posts, read 4,082,717 times
W. T. H.

Old 12-19-2022, 07:26 AM

26,700 posts, read 41,768,175 times
While both Rhamondre and Jakobi made indefensible costly decisions on the last play yesterday, they handled it as professionally as you could with the media afterward. Hopefully this will be remembered as no more than a bad play by two really good players.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football