Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-11-2010, 05:13 PM

3,032 posts, read 5,265,296 times

Advertisements

Its a story....of a man named Brady, who had played and WON in 3 superbowls...but then we found out....that they cheated, and used a cam-er-a.

yeah, I think they are one and done for the nex few years, Colts and Chargers are running the AFC now.

Last edited by Foreverking; 01-11-2010 at 05:35 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-11-2010, 05:56 PM

18,220 posts, read 25,861,807 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedaddicted View Post
LOL, I needed a good laugh this morning thanks that one did it for me. Classic comedy!

On a more logical note this team has changes to make on mnay fronts. The have not drafted very well in a few years. Last year they passed up on Brian Cushing, Clay Matthews Jr, Micheal Oher and Ray Malaluga for Darius Butler and Pat Chung? Has Chung even seen the field? Bill may be a great X'O's guy but I think we might want to reevaluate how we draft.
The O-line is patchwork at best. WTH is Matt Light still at LT if Vollmer has out played him all year? The WR corp needs a serious upgrade, I'd consider moving Moss for some talent and picks if the option comes open.
MOST IMPORTANTLY sign a PASS RUSHER! Holy cow we were sorry with no pass rush. And if we dont resign Wilfork.....we are in for a LOOOOONG SEASON!
Speedaddicted makes some good points here.

The Patriots have gone on an eight year run. Every club has to reorganize at some point. The Pats in the last couple years have lost a number of key players, especially on defense with Asante Samuel, Teddy Bruschi, Rodney Harrison, and Richard Seymour gone. You just don't replace those type of players overnight. I remember conversing with Speed on Seymour earlier in the season; Speed, are they getting a #1 draft choice in next years draft for Seymour?

The previous poster I agree with. Right now the strongest AFC clubs are Indianapolis and San Diego. But the Pats will be back again.

Last edited by DOUBLE H; 01-11-2010 at 11:45 PM..

Old 01-11-2010, 06:43 PM

2,224 posts, read 3,614,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DOUBLE H View Post
Speedaddicted makes some good points here.

The Patriots have gone on an eight year run. Every club has to reorganize at some point. The Pats in the last couple years have lost a number of key plays, especially on defense with Asante Samuel, Teddy Bruschi, Rodney Harrison, and Richard Seymour gone. You just don't replace those type of players overnight. I remember conversing with Speed on Seymour earlier in the season; Speed, are they getting a #1 draft choice in next years draft for Seymour?

The previous poster I agree with. Right now the strongest AFC clubs are Indianapolis and San Diego. But the Pats will be back again.

Seymours trade pick will be in the 2011 draft. I find it humorous that the non realist dont see that most teams dont dominate for ever. In the year following the whole spygate thing the patriots won 18 straight games? Is that beacuse they cheated? Lets be real. This teams problem is they got too young too fast. The departures of Seymour, Vrabel, Bruschi, Harrison, and thier Offensive coordinator would make a HUGE impact on any team. And it wasnt like they were gone over a period of years it happened in 1 off season. Lets look at the colts for example ( who I feel year in and year out are one of the most competetive teams in the nfl) If they let go of Freeny, Brackett, Session and Sanders all in one year and the OC what would that team be like? Or Pittsburgh? Harrison, Polamalu, Woodley, and Hampton?
These are not excuses BY ANY MEANS, but a team goes through periods of change. Are they the same team as the 01-05 squads? NO but they werent the same squad in 07 either.

Lots of the blame has to be put on Coach Belichick. His trading out of the first round last year looks dubious at this point in time. Potentially passing up Clay Matthews, Brian Cushing, Micheal Oher and Ray Malaluga. These choices led to choices like going for it on 4th and 2 because he had no confidence in our def in indy and several other times this season.

Trading picks for guys who didnt even make the team, or thinking that every year you can take guys no one else wants and make them servicible also can be brought into question.

All that said if you believe the Patriots wont be a top level team for years to come your crazy. As far as the Colts and Chagers go, they arent getting much younger. Peyton, Reggie, Saturday, Sanders, Freeny, Mathis, Brackett..... not spring chickens by any means.

Old 01-11-2010, 07:07 PM

Excellent bit of Q & A asked today in Coach Belichicks press conf. An aspect I hadnt given much though to.

This is kind of a hard one, but a lot of the guys that are on your staff now – as talented as they may be – weren’t on your staff before you were Bill Belichick, three-time Super Bowl Champion. I wonder if there isn’t a level of awe that they may feel to be on your staff, whereas Josh McDaniels, Tom Dimitroff, Scott Pioli, Charlie Weis, you all came up together. What I’m driving at is are you getting enough pushback from the guys on your staff? Do you know what I mean?

Belichick:
"Yeah, absolutely. And I’ve talked to other coaches about that – coaches that are pretty well established, and I get the nature of your question. There’s definitely Romeo [Crennel] or Charlie or somebody; they wouldn’t really be afraid to at times say, ‘What are you doing? Are you serious? Are you seriously considering that?’ And then there is certainly another level of coach that at that time or at this time, they just wouldn’t say that to me. And I mean, I understand that and that’s … and I was like that. There was a point in time where I was like that, where I would never say to, whether it was coach [Ted] Marchibroda or Red Miller or whoever, I wouldn't. And then there was a point in time where I would, whether it was Bill [Parcells] or – mostly Bill. There’s a point in time where you reach a point or you have a relationship and you feel more comfortable saying things that you just wouldn’t have said – even with that guy – a few years earlier. I definitely get where you’re at on that and I mean, I understand that. We try to have an open communication, an open forum on some things and some things aren’t open. Some things are ‘This is the way they’re going to be.’ But I understand what you're getting at and I think that’s something, as a head coach, you have to be conscious of and I am. I'm not saying a do a great job of it. I don’t know whether I do or not, but I’m definitely conscious of that and I get what you’re saying there."

Old 01-11-2010, 07:51 PM

8,164 posts, read 15,146,109 times
I told you speed. 1 and done!!! Have a nice offseason! Lets see if you live up to your statement of "NO EXCUSES"!

Old 01-11-2010, 07:53 PM

I havent made any excuses. I even went on th eravens thread and congradulated them.

Old 01-11-2010, 10:36 PM

8,164 posts, read 15,146,109 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedaddicted View Post
I havent made any excuses. I even went on th eravens thread and congradulated them.
That I can commend!

Old 01-12-2010, 08:49 AM

3,032 posts, read 5,265,296 times
when is all said and done, isnt it really about the Red Socks in NE anyway. Does anybody really dig football there. Whats bigger, a Socks WS or a Patriot SB.

Old 01-12-2010, 10:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foreverking View Post
when is all said and done, isnt it really about the Red Socks in NE anyway. Does anybody really dig football there. Whats bigger, a Socks WS or a Patriot SB.

Before 2004 & 2007 it was hands down a Red Sox WS. Times have changed. The Patriots are no longer a side show in New England.

Old 01-12-2010, 11:04 AM

1,619 posts, read 2,734,745 times
Buffalo's chicken Wings out does New England's clam chowder anyday. Marv was a great choke. It wasn't his fault the players didnt show up for the most important game of the year 4 times in a row. and still the pats coach has no hm respect. i mean ok wear a hoodie if its cold or something. Players have to show up in suits looking all nice. Why don't the coaches too?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football