Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Who do you think will win?
Seattle Seahawks! 36 39.13%
Denver Broncos! 56 60.87%
Voters: 92. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-20-2014, 07:24 PM

78,433 posts, read 60,640,522 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rush99 View Post
so anybody making the case for the Seahawks is because they hate the Broncos?

I just think their record and stats are over-blown because they play in a weak ass division and the AFC are allergic in playing defense especially in the secondary.
NFC beat the AFC this year 34-30.

NFC West went 13-3 vs. the AFC
AFC West went 11-5 vs. the NFC

I'm not seeing your case for "weak ass division".

Maybe not as strong as the NFC west, I would agree with that.

However, Denver has been dominant in the playoffs while Seattle wasn't.

As for points scored, lets assume you are right and the AFC is of weaker defensive ability. Denver still outscored any other AFC team by a wide wide margin.

On top of that the AFC didn't do that bad against the NFC this season so I find that position to be overstated as well.

NFL Non-conference records: NFC finishes slightly ahead of AFC, but are they better? - Field Gulls

Just seems like you are trying to claim Seattle is the vastly superior team and should have it in the bag. All I can say is that with a sure thing like that you should be borrowing all the money you can to get a bet in on this game.

Old 01-20-2014, 07:33 PM

351 posts, read 370,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
NFC beat the AFC this year 34-30.

NFC West went 13-3 vs. the AFC
AFC West went 11-5 vs. the NFC

I'm not seeing your case for "weak ass division".

Maybe not as strong as the NFC west, I would agree with that.

However, Denver has been dominant in the playoffs while Seattle wasn't.

weak ass DEFENSE DIVISION:

Oakland: ranked 22nd defense 28th pass ranked defense
Chiefs:Ranked 24th 25th pass ranked defense
Chargers: ranked 23rd 29th pass ranked defense

nobody plays defense in that division?

You wrote that the Broncos have been dominant in the playoffs and Seattle hasn't......apples and oranges.

Broncos played against a depleted Chargers and Pats defense with one of the worst secondary defense in the NFL, that's not an opinion but a fact.

Seattle had to play the Saints and 49ers defenses.....even you have to admit that is night and day from the Chargers and Pats defenses.

Old 01-20-2014, 07:35 PM

be honest: you think the Broncos would be dominant against the Saints and 49ers???

I see a shootout with Brees and a close game.....and I dont see the Broncos being dominant at all against the 49ers, I see Manning struggling.

Old 01-20-2014, 07:36 PM

11,157 posts, read 14,008,095 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post

Just seems like you are trying to claim Seattle is the vastly superior team and should have it in the bag...
Not only that, but considering the Seahawks strength is their defense one would hope they would be significantly better than the Broncos, whose weakness is supposed to be their defense. But look at a few key stats side by side over the last four games:

Passing: 192.3 vs 198.8
Rushing: 105.3 vs 70
3rd down %: 25.9 vs 39.6
PPG: 14.5 vs 15

I've posted this a couple times now. The Seahawks are on the left, the Broncos are on the right. The Seahawks numbers include a game against Drew Brees, the Broncos include games against Phil Rivers and Tom Brady.

Weighting the more recent games is a much more relevant predictor of performance than a complete season's worth. Teams evolve over the course of a season. Teams get hot and find a groove at the right moment. Teams fall apart. It's a long season.

The take away is this: If the Broncos defense can get one more game like their last four, the Seahawks are in trouble. The Seahawks defense, while good, has not been significantly better than the Broncos in recent games.

Old 01-20-2014, 07:46 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,875,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iknowftbll View Post
Not only that, but considering the Seahawks strength is their defense one would hope they would be significantly better than the Broncos, whose weakness is supposed to be their defense. But look at a few key stats side by side over the last four games:

Passing: 192.3 vs 198.8
Rushing: 105.3 vs 70
3rd down %: 25.9 vs 39.6
PPG: 14.5 vs 15

I've posted this a couple times now. The Seahawks are on the left, the Broncos are on the right. The Seahawks numbers include a game against Drew Brees, the Broncos include games against Phil Rivers and Tom Brady.

Weighting the more recent games is a much more relevant predictor of performance than a complete season's worth. Teams evolve over the course of a season. Teams get hot and find a groove at the right moment. Teams fall apart. It's a long season.

The take away is this: If the Broncos defense can get one more game like their last four, the Seahawks are in trouble. The Seahawks defense, while good, has not been significantly better than the Broncos in recent games.
Noooo.....

But we will see at the game. Buffalo wing?

Old 01-20-2014, 07:46 PM

if the Seahawks play DEFENSE like they have all year, Broncos are in trouble.

Im not sold on the Broncos secondary and Percy Harvin will play in the S.B.

Old 01-20-2014, 07:47 PM

5,002 posts, read 12,363,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by glass_of_merlot View Post
The locals do not hate him. You need to get over it. And yes, the offense could do better.....however, it's kind of ironic that you still use that as an argument..... They are going to the Superbowl you know.

For my entire family from Seattle who has been waiting for a team like this sense the 70's.
Go Hawks!
Actually yes they do. Everyone at work was like "now if only they'd keep him away from a mic."

Old 01-20-2014, 07:52 PM

11,157 posts, read 14,008,095 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
Noooo.....

But we will see at the game. Buffalo wing?
Buffalo wing? No friend of mine is eating buffalo wings during the Super Bowl! Bar-B-Q ribs and stuffed jalapenos for you!

Old 01-20-2014, 07:55 PM

2,687 posts, read 2,186,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eskercurve View Post
Actually yes they do. Everyone at work was like "now if only they'd keep him away from a mic."
I want NFL films to mic him up for the game.

Old 01-20-2014, 07:55 PM

50,327 posts, read 47,069,940 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iknowftbll View Post
Buffalo wing? No friend of mine is eating buffalo wings during the Super Bowl! Bar-B-Q ribs and stuffed jalapenos for you!
Yes

ribs
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football