Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-22-2014, 06:35 PM

1,423 posts, read 1,626,103 times

Advertisements

Whelp... Here we go!
Getting ready to enter another NFL postseason.

Last year's Super Bowl left much to be desired... Absolute blowout. Most people I know were more excited about the commercials than anything.

I was wondering what everyone's dream halftime show would be? Who's performing? What city?

Since San Francisco is hosting next year, it would be seriously awesome to have Metallica play it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-22-2014, 07:14 PM

6,485 posts, read 12,533,057 times
Katy Perry wardrobe malfunction?

Old 12-23-2014, 11:41 AM

7,275 posts, read 5,283,162 times
Although Metallica would be sweet, somehow I can't picture it. The NFL seems to want acts that present a stage show more like a Vegas show with lots of colors and people dancing etc. With that said, I think Katy Perry is at least a current relevant act in the pop world, so it's a decent choice for mainstream America/World watching the Super Bowl.

Regardless of that crap (I'm into metal, so I generally never watch the halftime anyways), I guess other than Metallica,, maybe since Megadeth has half broken up, how about Mustaine re-uniting with Metallica in that halftime show of yours? If not, we could sicken the world by putting on a band who dresses up, like Gwar or Slipknot. Personally I'd pick Opeth, but one of their songs would last the entire halftime - maybe play Deliverance.

Old 12-23-2014, 11:50 AM

11,248 posts, read 11,020,697 times
I like crappy halftime shows. It gives me a moment to get away from the TV to help with other things around the house and still not miss the great commercials. Let the networks keep playing the same old worn out offensive bubble gum pop and dance trash starring tomorrow's has been's. It's nothing more than a 30 minute dumb down session for the masses.

Old 12-23-2014, 12:15 PM

3,973 posts, read 5,165,715 times
I've always thought AC-DC would be a great halftime show. Ozzy too. They play the heck out of those guys over the stadium PA, so why not have one of them at the SB halftime show.

Old 12-23-2014, 12:26 PM

15,896 posts, read 11,985,550 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegas_Cabbie View Post
Whelp... Here we go!
Getting ready to enter another NFL postseason.

Last year's Super Bowl left much to be desired... Absolute blowout. Most people I know were more excited about the commercials than anything.

I was wondering what everyone's dream halftime show would be? Who's performing? What city?

Since San Francisco is hosting next year, it would be seriously awesome to have Metallica play it.

I'd love to see Metallica.

Old 12-23-2014, 12:42 PM

2,286 posts, read 2,006,686 times
Halftime shows are dumb. Even if my favorite band went up (which is a heavy metal band from Europe and would never happen), they would have like a 10 minute show and be forced to fake play with everything pre-recorded like last year. Who goes to a 10 minute concert anyway? (Answer: me. I once went to a local concert but lost track of time that day and ended up getting there to see the last 2 songs then left )

But if you want to know bands I'd love to see: Arkona, Sabaton, Ensiferum, Wintersun, Eluveitie. They could combine Ensiferum and Wintersun the way they sometimes combine acts, and that would be sweet.

Old 12-23-2014, 01:13 PM

7,221 posts, read 11,933,744 times
None.

Old 12-23-2014, 01:16 PM

45,579 posts, read 27,172,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rarog View Post
Halftime shows are dumb. Even if my favorite band went up (which is a heavy metal band from Europe and would never happen), they would have like a 10 minute show and be forced to fake play with everything pre-recorded like last year. Who goes to a 10 minute concert anyway? (Answer: me. I once went to a local concert but lost track of time that day and ended up getting there to see the last 2 songs then left )

But if you want to know bands I'd love to see: Arkona, Sabaton, Ensiferum, Wintersun, Eluveitie. They could combine Ensiferum and Wintersun the way they sometimes combine acts, and that would be sweet.
Hmmm.. am I the only one who thinks those groups would not play well at the Super Bowl?

Old 12-23-2014, 01:19 PM

22,587 posts, read 47,649,975 times
Halftime should be marching bands and nothing else.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
Hmmm.. am I the only one who thinks those groups would not play well at the Super Bowl?
Nope... not alone. But we will never know for sure, because they will never play the SB.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football