Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Who's Going to Win Super Bowl 49 (Feb 1, 2015)
New England Patriots 56 49.56%
Seattle Seahawks 57 50.44%
Voters: 113. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-20-2015, 02:50 PM

9,182 posts, read 12,128,391 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by susancruzs View Post
I think the Pats take this one. They can be fairly balanced and for some reason, I think they watch the GB tape, figure it out and do this. Seattle didn't steam roll the Packers like some predicted.
you realize this was Seattle's WORST game since Russell Wilson was drafted? And they still won...

Last edited by Botev1912; 01-20-2015 at 03:17 PM..

Old 01-20-2015, 02:54 PM

9,116 posts, read 17,728,403 times
Quote:
I think the Pats take this one. They can be fairly balanced and for some reason, I think they watch the GB tape, figure it out and do this. Seattle didn't steam roll the Packers like some predicted.
I tend to agree. We all have opinions and what is making this matchup pretty special is that it's pretty balanced on people taking either the Pats or Seahawks (thus the Pick'EM line!)

Old 01-20-2015, 03:05 PM

6,224 posts, read 3,409,932 times
Quote:
Boy I hope the Pats do watch the tape from the Seattle/Green Bay game, I have a feeling for the first 55 minutes they won't learn much. Seattle will learn a lot from the film from New England game as long as New England doesn't tamper with it or some other underhanded thing.

Old 01-20-2015, 03:10 PM

6,224 posts, read 3,409,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellion1999 View Post
all of the Patriots loses and struggles this year have been on the road away away from Foxboro especially with top defenses.

I give the Patriots a better chance if they have faced the Hawks during the regular season like the Packers. Its hard to beat a top team twice in 1 season because you know what to expect and make adjustments from films........Patriots haven't never faced this defense.
Now we are in agreement. Defenses wins championships.

Old 01-20-2015, 03:50 PM

3,755 posts, read 4,801,691 times
Quote:
Dallas finished with the same record as the Patriots, so did the Packers who beat the Patriots....so did the Hawks.

apart from Denver who weren't the same as last year, what competition the Pats have in their division and AFC?

The NFC is a tougher conference.
Just remember, the Seahawks went 2-2 against the AFC, while the Patriots went 3-1 against the NFC. Their lone loss was on the road at Green Bay. Seattle needed OT to beat Denver at home. So don't act like Denver is not a quality football team.

Quote:
1 game makes the Patriots the hottest team in football???? when just 9 days ago they almost lost to the #6 seed Ravens who barely made the playoffs and finished 3rd in their division? LMAO!!!!!!.........The same Ravens that scored 31 points and Forsett rushed for 130 yards on the Pats defense and held the Pats to just 17 yards rushing?....LMAO!!!

Dallas and Pittsburgh also trashed the Colts....are they the hottest team in football? I forgot they are at home eliminated.

Why are you trying to diminish the Patriots win over Baltimore. Baltimore finished with a winning record in a tough division and they went on the road and beat a division winner. I am sure you also feel Carolina, who finished below .500, did not go out to Seattle and give the Seahawks a game.

Old 01-20-2015, 04:37 PM

9,182 posts, read 12,128,391 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAM88 View Post
Seattle needed OT to beat Denver at home. So don't act like Denver is not a quality football team.
But Seattle destroyed Denver in the last super bowl. Every game is different.

Old 01-20-2015, 04:58 PM

677 posts, read 672,875 times
Quote:
people are jumping on the Pats bandwagon because of the Colts win. Nothing new here, Pats own the Colts so 1 sided for the past 3 years, nothing new here.

but people easily forget that just a week before, the #6 seed Ravens who barely made the playoffs and finished 3rd in their division almost beat the Pats and the Ravens scored 31 points and Forsett (the replacement for Ray Rice) rushed for 130 yards on this Pats defense.

Giants and Ravens put out the blue print in beating the Pats.....physical defense, limit the run and have a power running game to control the clock to limit Brady's attempts and leave him on the sideline.

Pats had a better chance against the Packers but still I pick the Packers to beat the Patriots but against the Hawks, its a bad matchup for the Pats.
Broken record ...

Old 01-20-2015, 05:19 PM

4,667 posts, read 3,863,296 times
Quote:
do you have short memory???? Didn't the #6 Ravens who barely made the playoffs and came 3rd in their division almost beat the Patriots. Didn't the Ravens scored 31 points and Forsett rushed for 130 yards on the Pats defense and the Pats could only rush for 17 yards?????

the only reason the Ravens lost the game was that their pass defense is weak and ranked #23 in the NFL because of injuries all season that they had to put back up players in the secondary that couldn't cover or tackle.....you think the Hawks are in the same situation as the Ravens in the secondary?
Sorry, I just got back to you today. I watched that game, because I knew the winner would be going to the super bowl. Ravens are one of the best teams in the playoffs. Every year they're a completely different team come playoff time, so I don't focus much on their stats during the season. They played very well at Pittsburgh the week prior. Also, for some reason Ravens always matchup or play well against the Pats. I don't know if Harbough has them figured out or what it is. Again, Ravens along with Flacco are one of the best come playoff time. My point is, there's no shame or fault in the Pats only winning by a few points. But just because Harbought & the Ravens know how to play against the Patriots, doesn't mean the Seahawks will automatically be able to do it. Teams have been trying for what, decades, to figure out how to beat the Patriots. It rarely happens.
(By the way. Why am I praising the Patriot so much? I can't stand that team. )

Quote:
If Patriots are better than the Packers (you based this on what?, the Colts game?) explain why did the Packers beat the Patriots in November? Packers dominated the Patriots in time of possession 36 minutes to 23 minutes. Rodgers outplayed Brady by passing for 368 yards to Brady 245 yards.....Packers also outrushed the Patriots 130 yards to 84 yards.
I didn't say Patriots are better than the Packers. I don't think they are. Each team has their strengths & weaknesses though. I did say the Patriots have better coaches than the Packers & their greatest strength is Belichick, who is one of the best.

Quote:
don't make a big deal about the Patriots win over the Colts....Pats have dominated the Colts this way for the past 3 years. Colts have nothing similar to the Hawks.........
I didn't mention anything about the Colts. I didn't even watch 1 play from that game.

Quote:
if you want a preview of the Super Bowl, go watch the Ravens/Pats game and add that the Hawks are like the Ravens but on DROIDS.
That doesn't surprise me. The Searoids lead the league in PED use ever since Carroll stepped in.

Quote:
.....unlike the Ravens pass defense who are rank #23 because of injuries, the Hawk are ranked #1 and are very physical, that's how you beat Brady and the Pats.
One theme to beating Brady & the Pats that I've noticed (& I'm not coach, so could be wrong) is pressuring Brady. Like I already said in the original post, Seahawks had very weak to no pressure on Rodgers. 1 sack all game. Now I now the Packers O line is very good. We'll see though how the Seahawks line matches up with the Patriots line.

Quote:
and the injuries of Sherman and Thomas would have a valid point if they had to play next week but they have 2 weeks (basically a BYE week) for the SB in a warm weather......I don't see that an issue.
Some injuries take up to 4 weeks or heal or longer. Strength, sensation, coordination, endurance can all be greatly impacted even with a slight injury. I haven't even read what they were diagnosed with, but it could be an issue, or it might not.

Old 01-20-2015, 06:22 PM

11,046 posts, read 5,271,700 times
Quote:
Just remember, the Seahawks went 2-2 against the AFC, while the Patriots went 3-1 against the NFC. Their lone loss was on the road at Green Bay. Seattle needed OT to beat Denver at home. So don't act like Denver is not a quality football team.
How many times have Denver played Seattle counting the S.B and Preseason/regular season?.....3 times in a 6 month window. Don't you think Denver will play them a little closer the 3rd time?????

Quote:
Why are you trying to diminish the Patriots win over Baltimore. Baltimore finished with a winning record in a tough division and they went on the road and beat a division winner. I am sure you also feel Carolina, who finished below .500, did not go out to Seattle and give the Seahawks a game.

Baltimore beat Pittsburgh because Le'Veon Bell was out and made Ben 1 dimensional.....that's like Dallas losing Demarco Murray and making Romo 1 dimensional. You think Romo could win a playoff game without Demarco Murray and throwing the ball 45 times like Ben did ? that's what Le'Veon Bells means to the Steelers offense.

why should I over-hype the Patriots win over the 6th seed Ravens with a 23rd ranked pass defense? When Flacco passed for 4 td's and Forsett's rushed for 130 yards and Pats need it to come from behind late in the 4th quarter to win by 4 points......since when almost losing at home to the #6 seed with a awful pass defense is something to brag about? only to Pats fans.

Carolina gave Seattle a game????? LOL.... sure when it was 14-10 at halftime...that's the closest it got.

Old 01-20-2015, 06:29 PM

2,286 posts, read 2,007,329 times
Baltimore beat Pittsburgh because Le'Veon Bell was out? I suppose if Bell had played and Pittsburgh had won, it would be ridiculous to say Pittsburgh won because Jimmy Smith was out? It's a team game.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.