Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-21-2016, 06:45 PM

3,755 posts, read 4,802,896 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dissenter View Post
This is just a bad look for the Giants organization any way you slice it. Why did they resign this guy knowing about the fact he abused his wife? This wasn't Greg Hardy at a premium position this was a kicker, not impossible to replace his production.
Both the Giants and the NFL come out looking awful in this situation.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-22-2016, 06:52 AM

26,700 posts, read 41,748,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAM88 View Post
Both the Giants and the NFL come out looking awful in this situation.
As far as the NFL is concerned, I know this probably ain't happening, but I think Roger Goodell needs to lose his job over this. He has essentially made the same mistake twice, being lackadaisical in addressing a domestic violence matter considering his lack of swift action with Ray Rice. While he is busy handing out fines like Oprah for uniform violations and celebrations, we have a player tearing a woman's life apart. Unfortunately, the owners like him because he makes them rich so he's not going anywhere. A damn shame.

Old 10-22-2016, 08:21 AM

9,763 posts, read 7,475,048 times
He can fine a player $12,000 for shooting a jump shot through the uprights or $9,000 for shooting an imaginary bow & arrow into the crowd, but beat the $#!t out of wife/girlfriend/fiancé is perfectly OK barring an alarming confession or video?? I've been saying FOR YEARS Goodell has got to go as he's made the league into a freaking joke with these petty fines for celebrations and uniform's while major issues like hits to the head and domestic violence he proves he just does not get it.

Also, the jumper fine above proves just how much of a joke Goodell is! $12,000 for shooting a jumper through the goal posts, but only $9,000 for shooting an imaginary bow & arrow into the crowd?? Anyone else see anything wrong with that picture??

Old 10-22-2016, 08:52 AM

3,755 posts, read 4,802,896 times
Quote:
As far as the NFL is concerned, I know this probably ain't happening, but I think Roger Goodell needs to lose his job over this. He has essentially made the same mistake twice, being lackadaisical in addressing a domestic violence matter considering his lack of swift action with Ray Rice. While he is busy handing out fines like Oprah for uniform violations and celebrations, we have a player tearing a woman's life apart. Unfortunately, the owners like him because he makes them rich so he's not going anywhere. A damn shame.
He should lose his job. Think of how much time and money they spent (Mara was one of the proponents of doing so) into Tom Brady possibly deflating footballs (for which there was next to no tangible evidence). The lack of a thorough investigation by the NFL regarding another instance of domestic violence is a black eye for both the league and the Giants and deservedly so.

Old 10-22-2016, 09:28 AM

14,325 posts, read 14,623,274 times
I don't get this at all, 4 games for a deflated football and 1 for domestic violence??? Nothing can explain away or justify this at all. I understand and know about writing thoughts down for therapy, I get that part but an admission of guilt and I've been wrong doesn't mean instant cure either. People can change, deserve another chance but there is a major fine line if someone is doing this over and over again. How many chances do they get???

Old 10-22-2016, 03:55 PM

26,700 posts, read 41,748,461 times
I watched Shannon Sharpe and Skip Bayless talk about the investigation and the fact that a writer from Deadspin was able to get information from public divorce papers and the NFL security team didn't press hard enough to get information about the case is even worse. Either gross incompetence or someone is trying to okie doke the public and sweep this under the rug. I think it's the latter.

Old 10-23-2016, 07:58 PM

1,344 posts, read 1,743,958 times
Quote:
Almost anyone with half a brain could do what Goodall does. Why do so many think he really has any talent that can't be replaced? He doesn't.

Old 10-23-2016, 08:10 PM

4,454 posts, read 3,394,691 times
Giants win 17-10 in London over the Rams. Giants are 4-3 on the season so far.

Old 10-24-2016, 05:51 PM

1,281 posts, read 776,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan Ashbeck View Post
Giants win 17-10 in London over the Rams. Giants are 4-3 on the season so far.
Impressive just when it looked like their season was about to take a downturn when they trailed the Ravens last week but they managed to come back and win two straight.

Old 10-24-2016, 11:20 PM

5,163 posts, read 3,658,020 times
It wasn't pretty, but they won. I'll take that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football