Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-22-2017, 02:45 AM

18,323 posts, read 10,671,957 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 80s_kid View Post
Even before all of this Elliot stuff, I feel that the Giants will win the NFC East. The Giants have a talented squad and could challenge my Dirty Birds.

The browns looked better then the Giants last night.The hit on ODB wasn't dirty but it was a cheap shot.Beckham and Marshal both out.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-23-2017, 08:01 AM

796 posts, read 505,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by G1.. View Post
The browns looked better then the Giants last night.The hit on ODB wasn't dirty but it was a cheap shot.Beckham and Marshal both out.
Yeah I did notice that hit was a bit excessive for a preseason game. But it was legal and those guys playing are fighting for jobs.

How long will Beckham and Marshall be out? Wanted my Boys to beat you guys at full strength..

Old 08-23-2017, 08:27 AM

6,329 posts, read 3,619,316 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill the Butcher View Post
Apparently OBJ has been fined 9K for throwing a punch and connecting with the face mask of Bills DB Duke Williams after Williams pancakced Beckham on an Eli interception. Obviously the punch did not harm anyone though since Duke had his helmet on. Still, this seems like either a suspension type penalty or something that deserves a fine much larger than 9K. This definitely does not send the right message IMO. Fined 50K for not speaking to the media but only 9K for throwing a punch at an opposing player. What in the heck is going on in the NFL office? Of course we have all known they have had issues handing out discipline for a while now. When Pacman was not suspended for his helmet less slamming of Amari Coolers head into his own helmet I knew nothing much would you done here.
From the 2015 season. Don't feel sorry for Beckham. Put some ice on it and he'll be ready for week one anyway.

Old 08-25-2017, 07:08 AM

5,163 posts, read 3,658,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VABlkCONSERV View Post
Yeah I did notice that hit was a bit excessive for a preseason game. But it was legal and those guys playing are fighting for jobs.

How long will Beckham and Marshall be out? Wanted my Boys to beat you guys at full strength..
Marshall, I dont know...Beckham could possibly miss Week 1. That was the latest I heard...

Old 08-25-2017, 12:14 PM

5,229 posts, read 4,614,075 times
Quote:
From the 2015 season. Don't feel sorry for Beckham. Put some ice on it and he'll be ready for week one anyway.
Quote:
Originally Posted by IXCell View Post
...Beckham could possibly miss Week 1. That was the latest I heard...
I'm developing a tear in my eyeball...

Old 08-26-2017, 07:39 AM

Quote:
That's my hope!

Old 09-10-2017, 09:54 AM

3,735 posts, read 2,565,224 times
Just sitting here watching the Fox pre-pre-game show.
And understood, we're all entitled to our subjective opinions.. but Tony Gonzalez is touting Dak as the best QB in the East.

Interesting, a guy fresh off his rookie season, with zero playoff wins, is now viewed as better than a 2-time Super Bowl champ. Dumb.

Old 09-10-2017, 12:18 PM

I want to see Dak do it for a second year. Def Coords now have a season of tape on him. Do I think he is going to fall flat on his face? No. But, before they anoint the guy, how about an encore?

Old 09-11-2017, 08:04 AM

796 posts, read 505,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Babe_Ruth View Post
Just sitting here watching the Fox pre-pre-game show.
And understood, we're all entitled to our subjective opinions.. but Tony Gonzalez is touting Dak as the best QB in the East.

Interesting, a guy fresh off his rookie season, with zero playoff wins, is now viewed as better than a 2-time Super Bowl champ. Dumb.
As a Boys fan...I think its too soon to anoint Dak or Wentz as the best right now until we see them play for 2-3 full years.

Good to see Boys finally beat Giants. Surprised that the Giants GM didn't try to fix their o-line in the off season. Giants D is still great. Some Giants fans are getting tired of Eli but I think he still can play at a high level but needs more support from a good run game and much better O-line. Hunt and Flowers aren't that good.

Giants gonna have to pay Beckham. Nobody else to stretch the field and was expecting a lot more from Marshall.

Old 09-11-2017, 08:41 AM

4,828 posts, read 4,286,066 times
Sterling Shepard and Ingram played as well as they could. The issue with Marshall here is that he no showed, which is uncommon for him since he's had 1,000 yard receiving yards for 4 different teams. The guy can play, but the fact that he wasn't even mentioned last night makes you think he lost a step, the team is not a good fit for him, and/or the Cowboy's defense literally just shut him down. I'm looking for Shepard to make a small leap this year, with or without Beckham. He was targeted quite a bit last night, but just couldn't get any YAC. Cowboy's defense was relentless, yet the Giants had absolutely no running game to speak of.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football