Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-11-2017, 10:45 AM

796 posts, read 505,506 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by weezerfan84 View Post
Sterling Shepard and Ingram played as well as they could. The issue with Marshall here is that he no showed, which is uncommon for him since he's had 1,000 yard receiving yards for 4 different teams. The guy can play, but the fact that he wasn't even mentioned last night makes you think he lost a step, the team is not a good fit for him, and/or the Cowboy's defense literally just shut him down. I'm looking for Shepard to make a small leap this year, with or without Beckham. He was targeted quite a bit last night, but just couldn't get any YAC. Cowboy's defense was relentless, yet the Giants had absolutely no running game to speak of.
I agree Sherpard and Ingram did well as they could. The mostly poor o-line play didn't allow for much time for receivers to go downfield. Boys D also played well but they played well against Giants last year, especially the 2nd game where Dak had a bad game.

Its too soon to tell but Giants def need better o-line play, especially with Eli getting older.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-11-2017, 10:54 AM

27,798 posts, read 32,455,798 times
Cowherd says time to move on from Eli.

Old 09-11-2017, 03:07 PM

5,163 posts, read 3,658,756 times
Cowherd is an idiot.

While I know we are on the downward part of Eli's career, no QB can function with horrible offensive line and no running game; which are the conditions Eli has basically operated under for two plus seasons now.

It is still simple to me--the offensive line must play better (Since Reese obviously did nothing to upgrade it), or it will tank the whole season. I have been saying it all offseason, and I am sticking to that.

Could Eli play better? Yes, but he is probably becoming skittish since he hasnt had adequate time to throw in some time now. Some young QB is only going to look worse.

Could the Giants use more explosive RBs? Maybe. But what running back can look good with no holes? Barry Sanders is once a generation.

Old 09-11-2017, 06:33 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,847,766 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IXCell View Post
Cowherd is an idiot.

While I know we are on the downward part of Eli's career, no QB can function with horrible offensive line and no running game; which are the conditions Eli has basically operated under for two plus seasons now.

It is still simple to me--the offensive line must play better (Since Reese obviously did nothing to upgrade it), or it will tank the whole season. I have been saying it all offseason, and I am sticking to that.

Could Eli play better? Yes, but he is probably becoming skittish since he hasnt had adequate time to throw in some time now. Some young QB is only going to look worse.

Could the Giants use more explosive RBs? Maybe. But what running back can look good with no holes? Barry Sanders is once a generation.
well said. any offense needs to be solid, starting with the offensive line. they set the tone for the rest fo the offense. an average running back is elevated when the line does their job. an average quarterback is elevated when the line does their job.

eli is a good quarterback, but like romo, he cant do it all without a solid front line and a solid running game. that is one reason why the cowboys have been so good on offense last season, and so far this season, and why the raiders are coming on strong.

the other thing a good offensive line does for you is it helps with ball control, and that means you keep your defense off the field and wear down the other teams defense, which is what the cowboys did last night to the giants. we plumb wore you guys down. your defense is good, and that is what kept the game as close as it was. but run up against another team that has a slightly better offense, and you can bet that 19-3 will be a loss to shoot for instead of 32-3. or something similar.

Old 09-11-2017, 11:54 PM

5,163 posts, read 3,658,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
well said. any offense needs to be solid, starting with the offensive line. they set the tone for the rest fo the offense. an average running back is elevated when the line does their job. an average quarterback is elevated when the line does their job.

eli is a good quarterback, but like romo, he cant do it all without a solid front line and a solid running game. that is one reason why the cowboys have been so good on offense last season, and so far this season, and why the raiders are coming on strong.

the other thing a good offensive line does for you is it helps with ball control, and that means you keep your defense off the field and wear down the other teams defense, which is what the cowboys did last night to the giants. we plumb wore you guys down. your defense is good, and that is what kept the game as close as it was. but run up against another team that has a slightly better offense, and you can bet that 19-3 will be a loss to shoot for instead of 32-3. or something similar.
Agreed.

Beckham is able to mask some inefficiencies in the offense, but I wonder what the Giants braintrust is thinking after that debacle. It could be a lot worse when teams with better D-Lines than Dallas' come to town.

Old 09-19-2017, 04:07 AM

27,798 posts, read 32,455,798 times
Eli Manning is getting killed out there with that OL----feeling sorry for the man.

Old 09-19-2017, 01:02 PM

9,338 posts, read 7,111,956 times
As a division rival, part of me feels sorry for Eli. He has absolutely no time before he gets drilled. And the playcalling...barf.

You guys built up that beast defense, but didn't do much to address the O-line the last year or so.

Old 09-19-2017, 09:18 PM

Ereck Flowers getting a lot of attention as to how poorly he is playing. Some say he needs to be a guard or moved to RT instead of LT. I seen some videos where he gotten beat badly and his technique is awful.

Old 09-20-2017, 07:05 AM

9,338 posts, read 7,111,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VABlkCONSERV View Post
Ereck Flowers getting a lot of attention as to how poorly he is playing. Some say he needs to be a guard or moved to RT instead of LT. I seen some videos where he gotten beat badly and his technique is awful.
Yeah, he's looked pretty bad. Somebody put together a highlight reel of the game from Monday night of every play he got beat on. He was getting smoked.

Old 09-20-2017, 09:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skins_fan82 View Post
Yeah, he's looked pretty bad. Somebody put together a highlight reel of the game from Monday night of every play he got beat on. He was getting smoked.
Yeah I saw a video which had highlights of him in the Giants/Packers playoff game last season, Boys/Giants Week 1 game this season and the Giants/Lions game last Sunday and there were times where Flowers gotten beat badly. I feel for him because I can imagine how other players feel about his performance when they look at game film for concerns and areas of improvement.

I can see him either getting traded or cut at end of season if this keeps up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football