Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-23-2016, 06:08 AM

6,793 posts, read 5,666,526 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by susancruzs View Post
So the Giants lose and they are the team talking heads have been touting lately. Another example of the playoffs are no guarantee and all teams have flaws, weaknesses, bad games, mistakes might be made.
yea, that train derailed.. they will now jump on the next so called Hot team and you know who that is Susan.. the Packers.. better start knocking on wood now!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-23-2016, 06:16 AM

14,327 posts, read 14,629,286 times
Ha! I'm watching Mike & Mike and Golic says, I'm not buying the Packers, Falcons a better team. When the Packers were a mess lost by 1 point to the Falcons.

I think Packers are a more complete team but we all know I'm a major homer. They got secondary help back but now have 3 starting LBs working with one arm!

Old 12-23-2016, 06:29 AM

I am NOT sold on the Falcons.. their defense is suspect. Offensively they appear stout but against playoff caliber defenses, perhaps not. I think its more of a perception thing vs reality. The Falcons have always been a let down to this city and until they prove than can go all the way and not fizzle in the playoffs, you will always have doubters.

i will be on the Packer bandwagon had they not dilly dallied with the Bears last week. They need to put bad teams away and their defense couldn't do it.. That should worry you.. but maybe it doesn't being a division foe and all. I suppose in the NFL, a win is a win is a win.. take 'em any way you can get them...

Regardless, i don't expect the Packers will have to play the Falcons.. especially if both win their div.. not sure either will get in, without winning the div..

Old 12-23-2016, 06:48 AM

14,327 posts, read 14,629,286 times
Looking at the wild card list, a shake up could take place and Week 17 will be interesting, no doubt! Go Pack Go!

Old 12-23-2016, 07:00 AM

The Lions (at least on paper) have the toughest row to hoe but the Cowboys clinching last night, at least gave them some more light.. regardless of what they say, you know the Cowboys will play without an EDGE.. plus the Giants losing has to give the Lions even more hope the can reach the Playoffs as a WC..

Old 12-23-2016, 07:11 AM

1,281 posts, read 777,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by susancruzs View Post
So the Giants lose and they are the team talking heads have been touting lately. Another example of the playoffs are no guarantee and all teams have flaws, weaknesses, bad games, mistakes might be made.
I don't see the Giants beating the packers or falcons in a wildcard game

Old 12-23-2016, 07:11 AM

11,110 posts, read 9,821,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jp03 View Post
No doubt ..and that is why its laughable when Cowboy fans say they would be satisfied with less than a SB appearance. Assuming they get 1 seed which is likely.
I missed the Cowboys fans who have said 'I'll be satisfied if they don't make the Super Bowl!'.

At any rate, I expect that should Dallas not get to the Super Bowl, they'll treat the situation as it warrants: that it's a team with two young stars at skill positions with a window of opportunity that is just opening, as opposed to a team that is obviously in a now-or-never stage of development.

For some reason, this fact seems to make you angry. It's unseemly.

Old 12-23-2016, 07:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mco65 View Post
I am NOT sold on the Falcons.. their defense is suspect. Offensively they appear stout but against playoff caliber defenses, perhaps not. I think its more of a perception thing vs reality. The Falcons have always been a let down to this city and until they prove than can go all the way and not fizzle in the playoffs, you will always have doubters.

i will be on the Packer bandwagon had they not dilly dallied with the Bears last week. They need to put bad teams away and their defense couldn't do it.. That should worry you.. but maybe it doesn't being a division foe and all. I suppose in the NFL, a win is a win is a win.. take 'em any way you can get them...

Regardless, i don't expect the Packers will have to play the Falcons.. especially if both win their div.. not sure either will get in, without winning the div..

They are good enough to beat the giants at home

Old 12-23-2016, 07:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unsettomati View Post
I missed the Cowboys fans who have said 'I'll be satisfied if they don't make the Super Bowl!'.

At any rate, I expect that should Dallas not get to the Super Bowl, they'll treat the situation as it warrants: that it's a team with two young stars at skill positions with a window of opportunity that is just opening, as opposed to a team that is obviously in a now-or-never stage of development.

I'm a cowboys fan who would be happy if they made the nfc championship game. Something romo couldn't do in 10 years. Of course a sb victory would be nice but I'm not saying SB or bust because the team was 4-12 last season

Old 12-23-2016, 07:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unsettomati View Post

I think all Cowboy fans (that i can remember) noted they would be satisfied by making the playoffs... and they would NOT consider the season a failure if they didn't make the Super Bowl. Its started a few weeks back and quieted down some.

AT some point, YES.. the Cowboys have to make the Super BOwl and win it for this team to be a success but for now.. i just want them to back up this season with another Playoff season.. start putting back to back playoff seasons together and of course, reach the Super Bowl and win it but for now I am over the top happy with this teams accomplishments this year.... regardless of how it turns out.. the future (APPEARS to be) is BRIGHT!

No doubt some Cowboys fans expect and will be Super Disappointed if they don't reach the Super Bowl specifically because they are the #1 seed and thats the crux of JP03s point. The #1 has the easiest path and is the favorite to reach the SB.. if they don't make it... then in some eyes, that is unacceptable or a failure.. but for LONG TIME Cowboy fans... just making the Playoffs is a bonus and when you consider the 2 best players on the team are ROOKIES... expecting anything less than a SB seems irrational... but who ever said football fans were rational.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football