Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-15-2020, 03:08 PM

5,261 posts, read 6,202,263 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by maniac77 View Post
Week 1 Standings

John F S 10-6
maniac77 10-6
susancruzs 10-6
BobTex 10-6
teqp 10-6
7express 10-6
JBtwinz 10-6
The Dissenter 9-7
Bill the Butcher 9-7
LargeKingCat 8-8
IXCell 5-10

Please let me if there any discrepancies. I am an idiot. I went through all the picks and counted instead of just taking the picker's word for it, but I could've tabulated wrong. I also threw out anybody who only picked 1 game.

Thank you very! One or two upsets this week I did not see coming

With all the hype about our local team (Jaguars) getting rid of players I was blown away that they looked that good.

Tough seeing Brady looking so frustrated. He looked so lost reading the plays off his wrist in the huddle and even at the line of scrimmage. Things will get better, I am just not used to seeing that side of him.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-04-2021, 11:06 AM

9,805 posts, read 7,529,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7express View Post
1-0 after Thursday night's win. Onto the rest, and like last year I'll add in my predictions for the year as well as a bonus to you kind folks!:

Seahawks @ Falcons. Interesting week 1 matchup. Usually I'm wary of picking the West coast team out east for the 1 PM game, but week 1 I think Seahawks will be OK. I'll pick Seahawks for 2nd in the West at 10-6 and Falcons for 3rd in the South at 7-9.
Browns @ Ravens. Remember when the Browns won at Baltimore last year?? Yup, that dropped the Ravens to 2-2 and it ended up being their last regular season loss. Ravens first in the division at 12-4, but lose in the first round again; Browns 3rd at 8-8 sorry I'm not buying Browns stock quite yet, they have to show me they can put together a non dysfunction season.
Jets @ Bills. This is a tough pick. No fans definitely help the Jets, but at home and what looks to be a better team I'll pick the Bills by a field goal. I'll go Jets for 3rd in division at 7-9; Bills for 2nd at 10-6 and a wildcard round win. Sorry Bill but I just can't write off the Pats quite yet.
What happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas Raiders @ Panthers. I'll take Matt Rhule for NFL victory number 1. I predict this is also a matchup of 2 last place finishers at years end as I'll pick the Raiders at 5-11 in the West basement, and the Panthers at 3-13 in the South basement.
Bears @ Lions. Assuming Stafford is healthy, this should be enough for a Lions win. Despite starting Driscoll and Bough (SP) in the 2 Bears games last year I don't think the Lions lost either game by more than a touchdown. Give them home field and a competent NFL quarterback and they get the win. Bears 4th in the division at 5-11; Lions 3rd at 7-9. I'm banking on a healthy Stafford and a defense that doesn't totally collapse at the end of games again this year. I'm not sure what the final tally was, but I know through their first 12 games they had a lead in every one of those 12 games yet only had 3 wins to show for it.
Colts @ Jags. Going out on a limb here I know, but the Jags will have the worst record in football this year. That almost looks like a high school JV team, and it was only 3 years ago that they played the Pats in the AFC Championship game. Where does time go?? Colts finish in 2nd at 10-6, win a wildcard but lose to the Chiefs in the divisional round; Jags bring up not only the basement in the division, but the basement in all of football at 1-15, and the Texans finish 3rd at 7-9.
Packers @ Vikings. This game would be a lot better with fans in the stands. I say with no fans GB wins late which could go a long way in the division. I'll go both teams for 11-5 but the Packers sweep the season series so they win the division and lose to the Saints in the divisional round; Vikings finish 2nd on the tiebreaker but win the Wildcard game and go out to the Niners in the divisional round.
Dolphins @ Patriots. Don't think the Dolphins win again at Foxboro but who knows?? I'll still take Patriots to take the division at 11-5 because you can't pick against the hoodie master until proven otherwise but they lose in the Wildcard round for a second straight year; Dolphins improve, but still bring up the rear in the division at 6-10.
Eagles @ Washington. if not for Jacksonville, Washington would have the worst record in the league. Eagles second in the division at 9-7; Washington 4th at 3-13.
Chargers @ Bengals. This will be a tough learning curve for Joe Burrow. Chargers 2nd in the West at 9-7; Bengals 4th in the North at 4-12.
Bucs @ Saints. Saints usually struggle in the early going before finding their footing, but at home against a Bucs team introducing a whole string of new players with no preseason games and minimal practice time to get accliminated I'll take the team that's been together longer, but I suspect both teams will be playing in January. Saints first in the division at 12-4; Bucs second at 10-6 but they win a tiebreaker over the Seahawks for the final spot. Bucs lose on Wildcard weekend, Saints beat the Chiefs in the Super Bowl (I beleive the second straight season I've picked this Super Bowl matchup).
Cards @ Niners. Cards showed improvement at the end of the year and with the Rams offseason blowup, I think the Cards jump the Rams in the division, but not enough to beat the Niners. Cards 3rd in the division at 7-9; Niners first at 13-3 but lose to the Saints in the NFC Championship game.
Dallas @ Rams. It's a shame this LA stadium is gonna open without any fans in the stands. Dallas first in the East at 10-6, lose to the Vikings in the Wildcard round; Rams in 4th at 6-10.
Steelers @ Giants. Tough opening game for the Judge. Steelers second in the division at 10-6, as Ben makes one last hurrah and makes a run to the AFC Championship game before falling short to the Chiefs. Giants 3rd in the division at 5-11 in Joe Judge's first year.
Titans @ Broncos. Always tough to play at Mile High but in week 1 Tennessee will be more prepared then most teams that travel there. Titans first in the South at 11-5; lose in the Wildcard round to the Steelers; Broncos 3rd in the division at 8-8 behind the Chiefs (14-2 lose in Super Bowl to Saints) and Chargers. I'm not sure if it adds up to 256 but this took way to long for me to go back and count and make changes otherwise,

Full playoffs:
NFC Wildcard:
#3 Green Bay beats #6 Tampa Bay 24-10
#5 Minnesota beats #4 Dallas 21-18
NFC Divisional round:
#1 San Francisco beats #5 Minnesota 31-10
#2 New Orleans beats #3 Green Bay 28-20
NFC Championship game:
#2 New Orleans beats #1 San Francisco 24-17

AFC Wildcard:
#6 Colts over #3 Patriots 23-20
#5 Steelers over #4 Titans 30-21
AFC Divisional round:
#1 Chiefs over #6 Colts 34-14
#5 Steelers over #2 Ravens 28-24
AFC Championship game:
#1 Chiefs over #6 Steelers 31-17

Super Bowl:
NFC #2 Saints over AFC #1 Chiefs 31-28

Edit: I forgot the 7th playoff team goes into effect this year (I thought it was next year with the 17th game) so let me update my board.

NFC:
#1 Niners West winner (13-3) bye team
#2 Saints South winner (12-4)
#3 Packers North winner (11-5); won season-series tiebreaker over the Vikings
#4 Dallas East winner (10-6)
#5 Vikings Wildcard number 1 (11-5); NFC North number 2
#6 Tampa Bay wildcard number 2 (10-6); South number 2
#7 Seattle wildcard number 3 (10-6); Tampa wins tiebreaker over Seattle

NFC first round (is it still called Wildcard round?? Doesn't sound the same with 3 teams):
#2 Saints over #7 Seahawks 28-21
#3 Green Bay over #6 Tampa Bay 24-10
#5 Minnesota over #4 Dallas 21-18
NFC divisional round:
#1 San Francisco over #5 Minnesota 31-10
#2 Saints over #3 Green Bay 28-20
NFC Championship game:
#2 Saints over #1 Niners 24-17

AFC:
#1 Chiefs West winner (14-2)
#2 Ravens North winner (12-4)
#3 Patriots East winner (11-5)
#4 Titans South winner (11-5); Patriots win tiebreaker
#5 Steelers Wildcard 1 (10-6); North number 2
#6 Colts Wildcard 2 (10-6); South number 2; Steelers win tiebreaker
#7 Bills Wildcard 3 (10-6); East number 2; Colts win tiebreaker over Bills

AFC Wildcard round:
#7 Bills over #2 Ravens 17-10
#5 Steelers over #4 Titans 30-21
#6 Colts over #3 Patriots 23-20
AFC divisional round:
#1 Chiefs over #7 Bills 33-14
#5 Steelers over #6 Colts 21-16
AFC Championship game:
#1 Chiefs over #5 Steelers 31-17

Superbowl:
NFC #2 Saints over AFC #1 Chiefs 31-28

Whoops! Basically the only thing I got right

Old 01-04-2021, 11:18 AM

45,746 posts, read 27,380,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7express View Post
Whoops! Basically the only thing I got right
You did pretty good on the AFC. Sub out the Pats for the Browns and rearrange a couple of deck chairs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football