Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-21-2020, 07:22 AM

9,503 posts, read 9,821,926 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7express View Post
Who would you rather have as your starting QB next year: Carson Wentz or Jared Goff??

Me; I'm taking Colt McCoy over either Wentz or Goff.
Colt didn't look great last night against the Browns. He had been thinking about retirement, so maybe that is best for him.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-21-2020, 08:48 AM

7,595 posts, read 6,089,079 times
Well, I am home on COVID ISOLATION pending the test results, which I cannot get around here in 15 minutes so I am awaiting a Mail in Fiasco

More to come on that later

In the meantime, I am 11-4 going into tonight's game with the STEELERS picked over the Stripey Cats.

MY FINZ win yesterday over the Evil Patriots and the Grinch Showed that GOOD COACHING and a talented QB beats Good Coaching and a disappointing QB Tua Won that game with a team of Practice Squad players and undrafted free agents around him. Think about that.
No feature back, no #1 or 2 receivers, and numerous backups on the Line......And MY FINZ WIN !

SO here is how I see the playoffs Finishing out with projected win loss total

AFC 1 Chiefs 15-1 2 Bill's Buffaloes 12-4 3 Steelers 12-4 4 Colts 12-4 5 Brownies 12-4 6 Remember the Titans 11-5 7 MY FINZ 10-6

SO the Second year of a "REBUILD" and MY FINZ make the playoffs. Flores may be the next Belichick, And MY FINZ may be the next team of the decade

NFC 1 Susan's PACKERS 13-3, 2 SAINTS 12-4, 3 SEAHAWKS 11-5 4 The Team we still refer to as the REDSKINS 7-9 , 5 BUCCANEERS 11-5 6 RAMS 10-6 7 PESKY RED BIRDS 9-7

SO the Chiefs get a week off, and so would the Pack, which can be a good chance to rest and heal, but also a break in the momentum, or rather a chance to allow a team that is playing to catch a groove and follow some momentum into a championship game

it seems that different teams show up for the playoffs sometimes.

I would not expect anyone from the NFC Least to go far. I predicted that the NFC West would field the most playoff teams as well

Brady's 43 year old Rag-Arm will show itself in the playoffs as the Buccaneers go out the first game.

The Pesky Red Birds are right where they should be on their rebuild, and drafting a solid OL as well sa a Solid Pass Rusher will be monumental in moving to the next level.

In the AFC We will see a few years of My Finz and Bill's Buffaloes battling for the top spot. For now though, the Chiefs are on track to a second straight Super Bowl.

AND let me point out, that it is exactly two weeks from today that Adam Gase, Doug Marrone, Anthony Lynn and Zac Taylor will all hit the Unemployment line. Romeo Crennel ought to go as well, and this cat thinks Raheem Morris will be let go of his temporary gig too.

There are not enough coaches out there to fill the vacancies, so I am thinking that several of us need to form a coaching team and go to work somewhere for womeone. We could not do worse than some of these guys.

Old 12-21-2020, 12:02 PM

9,763 posts, read 7,475,048 times
Depends where the Bucs, Rams, Seahawks all end up. Whoever is the 5 seed out of that quartet will advance basically by process of elimination because they'll be up against the NFC East winner, but I agree Cat, I don't think any of those 3 advance past the divisional round if they even get there. Steelers are my AFC pick for 1 and done. Unless they lose to the Colts and or the Bills beat the Dolphins and Patriots (both big possibilities however) it looks like the Steelers will be getting the Dolphins or Ravens in the playoffs, and I don't like that matchup against either team.

As for coaches fired: Marrone, Gase, and Lynn almost no brainers for yes, but I would just love it if the win yesterday keeps Gase around for another season because wouldn't that just be classic Jets?? I'd save Taylor from Cincinnati though. This is only year 2, and they were competitive before Burrow got hurt, and with him sidelined probably at the start of the season if not the halfway point, that's a hard sell for a new guy to come in, knowing he's going to get beat up year 1, and looking over your shoulder in year 2 because that's what happened to the predeccessor (Taylor year 1 get beat up with a really bad football team, get your star QB offseason of year 2, then that star QB gets hurt midseason, repeat year 1 with year 3). Ironically, it would be coming from the same organization that employed Marvin Lewis about 20 seasons too long, and I realize they don't want to make that mistake again, but 2 years seems way to quick.

Old 12-21-2020, 12:33 PM

5,163 posts, read 3,658,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by USNRET04 View Post
Colt didn't look great last night against the Browns. He had been thinking about retirement, so maybe that is best for him.
Colt has such limitations, and age hasnt helped in that regard. You are not a playoff team if you have to start him multiple games.

Old 12-21-2020, 03:49 PM

1,462 posts, read 973,938 times
Agree with LKC, the Dolphins win was a strong win since they were depleted on the offensive side and to get the run game going. I believe they were averaging less than 100 yards rushing/game and had around 250 yds yesterday was good to see.

Looking forward to seeing Saturday's game against the Raiders.

Old 12-21-2020, 05:00 PM

1,149 posts, read 452,024 times
It was odd with the offensive injuries the Dolphins had yesterday. A lot of last second scratches, including Parker, who had been expected to play. And Miami of course was in a must-win predicament. Nobody continues to get more with less than Flores. Your utilizing a quarterback down the stretch of the season too, who isn’t capable of winging the ball down the field. Even if the Dolphins don’t make the playoffs and finish 10-6, Flores should be the easy choice. I’m just not at all understanding all this sentiment for Stefanski. Isn’t it more of being simply a beneficiary of what Freddie Kitchens screwed up last year??

Old 12-21-2020, 07:14 PM

6,405 posts, read 8,989,156 times
JuJu needs to stop his stupid pre-game ritual. He is getting clowned. Creating bulletin board material is not helping him.

Old 12-21-2020, 07:18 PM

14,326 posts, read 14,623,274 times
True and Steelers aren't looking too sharp. Just saw evidence of what fans complain about, guy running open, Ben still goes to his 1st read, throwing in coverage. A fan pet peeve.

Old 12-21-2020, 07:39 PM

26,700 posts, read 41,748,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bondurant View Post
JuJu needs to stop his stupid pre-game ritual. He is getting clowned. Creating bulletin board material is not helping him.
Especially in a rivalry game where the other team has nothing to lose.

Old 12-21-2020, 09:35 PM

1,338 posts, read 2,025,477 times
What a contrast in play selection tonight. The Steelers threw it 38 times and ran it 23 times. Meanwhile the Bengals only threw it 13 times and ran it 41 times (10 of those by the QB Finley). With the Colts coming to Pittsburgh next week, the NFC North is still wide open.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football