Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-15-2020, 03:03 AM

3,859 posts, read 3,048,500 times

Advertisements

Week 14 8-8
Week 15
Raiders
Bills
Packers
Titans
Colts
Buccaneers
Dolphins
Vikings
Seahawks
Ravens
Eagles
Rams
Chiefs
Browns
Steelers
49'ers
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-15-2020, 05:47 AM

14,327 posts, read 14,627,647 times
Chargers @ Raiders
Bills @ Broncos
Panthers @ Packers
49ers @ Cowboys
Seahawks @ WFT
Bears @ Vikings
Patriots @ Dolphins
Jaguars @ Ravens
Buccaneers @ Falcons
Lions @ Titans
Texans @ Colts
Eagles @ Cardinals
Jets @ Rams
Chiefs @ Saints
Browns @ Giants
Steelers @ Bengals

Old 12-15-2020, 11:41 AM

1,580 posts, read 1,463,107 times
Chargers @ Raiders-What has happened to the Gruden Grinder? After almost beating the Chiefs for the second time this season, they've looked terrible the last 3 games. So bad that I'm taking the Homeless Bad News Bolts on TNF. I trust Justin Herbert over Derek Carr and believe he will lead the Chargers to a 31-28 win in Vegas, which will pretty much put a dagger in the Raider's playoff aspirations.

Bills @ Broncos-Yeah, there will be altitude to contend with, but Josh Allen went to Wyoming. He'll be fine. I just gotta quit picking against the Bills. It's stupid and destroying my picking record. Besides they're great and I need to recognize that. There will be no Finz or Belichick taking the AFC East this year. The new champs will be the Bills. Give me Buffalo 23-20.

Panthers @ Packers-Packers have that coveted first-round bye to clinch, so they'll keep winning. Look out for the Panthers next year. They're great at keeping games close, but can't seem to collect many wins. I believe the pieces are in place and maybe next year some of those "L"s will turn into "W"s. But in 2020 the Pack win this by a score of 35-21.

49ers @ Cowboys-Despite 2 painful losses in a row I still haven't given up on my team. Who knows? Maybe 8-8 will be sufficient to make the playoffs in the NFC this year. So give me SF in a wishful thinking 35-0 shellacking at Jerry World. But, really, I'd take any kind of win. It has been a rough year.

Seahawks @ WFT-Ron Rivera has a Football team. They've won 4 in a row and they have a pretty good defensive line. I watched Russell Wilson struggle against the Giants, and I feel like the Football Team has an even better defense. I like the Football Team's chances better if they have Alex Smith, but I'll take them regardless with a 20-19 win on a game-winning 2-point conversion.

Bears @ Vikings-Both these teams pose a threat to my Niners making the playoffs. I'm not sure how the tiebreaker works, so I need both teams to drop 2 of their last 3. So I'll take Da Bears who have shown signs of life the last 2 weeks. I also expect Cousins to choke in big games even though he doesn't always. Da Bears win 35-31.

Patriots @ Dolphins-There is no Belichick coming out of nowhere and making the playoffs. They've definitely overachieved this season, but Superman Cam can't complete a 10-yard pass. Finz defense is much too stout to not be able to stop the one-dimensional Pats. Student beats teacher again as Flores and Miami win 27-10.

Jaguars @ Ravens-That wild MNF game against the Browns was awesome and one of those games where you knew the team who had the ball last would win since both teams were employing a matador defensive scheme. This week should be a lot easier for Baltimore against the Fighting Minshews. I'll take Baltimore 35-23.

Buccaneers @ Falcons-Leave it to the Falcons to outbungle the Bolts. Matt Ryan's interception cost them another win. Falcons are capable of the upset here, but they'll find a way to blow it. Honestly I don't think it'll be that close in the end. Give me the Bucs 33-21.

Lions @ Titans-Remember the Titans are unpredictable, but I feel confident they will win this no matter if Jekyll or Hyde shows up. Derrick Henry is a madman. This is his time of year, and it's not like the Lions put up much resistance defensively. I'll take Tennessee 30-15.

Texans @ Colts-I made the mistake of taking the Texans when these two teams played the first time. Colts have to keep pace with the Titans while the Texans are out of it, so give me the Colts to win 29-20.

Eagles @ Cardinals-It appears that Jalen Hurts should've been starting a few weeks ago. Eagles actually looked impressive against a Saints D that was playing lights out until Week 14. Even so, Kyler looks like he's back to haunting my dreams. I'll pick the Cards 27-24 on another Hail Murray.

Jets @ Rams-Donald meets Darnold often in this one. It could be a bloodbath. 28-0 as Rams cruise to the NFC West title.

Chiefs @ Saints-Even if Brees is back for this, nobody is beating the Chiefs right now. You can contain Mahomes for only so long before he eventually goes off. He can have a bad game by his standards and the Chiefs still leave the game victorious. This would all but ensure that they get that coveted 1 seed in the AFC. I'm calling for a 42-35 shootout.

Browns @ Giants-Giants, while much improved, still have a problem at QB. They're still a year away from making the playoffs, but at least they were relevant for a couple of weeks. Browns have dominated against lesser competition all season. So give me those Brownies 34-17.

Steelers @ Bengals-Steelers have fallen off the wagon, but the Bengals are a pretty good slumpbuster. Steelers need a get-right game in the worst way. If they go into the playoffs playing like they have been, it'll be one and done. They historically play to the level of their competition, but I expect the Steel Curtain to show up and win big to the tune of 35-7 to get themselves back in the Super Bowl discussion.

Last edited by maniac77; 12-15-2020 at 12:15 PM..

Old 12-15-2020, 02:25 PM

14,327 posts, read 14,627,647 times
Chargers @ Raiders
Bills
@ Broncos
Panthers @ Packers - Go Pack Go! Coach says, all gas, no brake!
49ers @ Cowboys
Seahawks
@ WFT -
Bears @ Vikings
Patriots @ Dolphins
Jaguars @ Ravens
Buccaneers @ Falcons
Lions @ Titans
Texans @ Colts
Eagles @ Cardinals
Jets @ Rams
Chiefs
@ Saints
Browns @ Giants
Steelers @ Bengals

Season: 143-64-1

Old 12-16-2020, 01:54 PM

339 posts, read 148,775 times
FierceKaia 110-64-1; 10-6 week #14 meh!

Chargers @ Raiders
Bills @ Broncos
Panthers @ Packers
49ers @ Cowboys
Seahawks @ WFT
Bears @ Vikings
Patriots @ Dolphins
Jaguars @ Ravens
Buccaneers @ Falcons
Lions @ Titans
Texans @ Colts
Eagles @ Cardinals
Jets @ Rams
Chiefs @ Saints
Browns @ Giants
Steelers @ Bengals

Old 12-17-2020, 11:25 AM

1,462 posts, read 974,601 times
Here are my picks for this week.

Chargers @ Raiders
Bills @ Broncos
Panthers @ Packers
49ers @ Cowboys
Seahawks @ WFT
Bears @ Vikings
Patriots @ Dolphins
Jaguars @ Ravens
Buccaneers @ Falcons
Lions @ Titans
Texans @ Colts
Eagles @ Cardinals
Jets @ Rams
Chiefs @ Saints
Browns @ Giants
Steelers @ Bengals

Old 12-17-2020, 11:28 AM

9,763 posts, read 7,479,862 times
Last week: 8-8
Overall: 140-67-1

Chargers @ Raiders. Raiders have had 3 really terrible weeks since taking the Chiefs down to the wire Thanksgiving weekend, while the Chargers actually won a close game last week. I'll take the Raiders in the Chargers first visit to LA, but with how my last 2 week's have gone, I'd bet the house on the Chargers.
Bills @ Broncos. Normally I worry about QB's making their first visit to Denver, just look at Tua with the Dolphins this year. With Josh Allen going to college a couple hours up the interstate in Laramie, Wyoming, the altitude problem shouldn't effect him as it might with others, and the big advantage Denver normally has, is negated.
Panthers @ Packers. Panthers under Rhule have played most teams close, and I don't think this game is any different, but the Packers are in the catbird for the #1 NFC seed as the own the tiebreaker on the Saints, and they'll keep it going.

Old 12-17-2020, 03:10 PM

7,595 posts, read 6,091,923 times
HO HO HO
It is a week until Christmas EVE and time to start looking at some of those Christmas Classics Like Tonight's Matchup

Homeless Chargers @ RAIDERS The Homeless/beggar population just grew in Vegas Baby, because the Chargers are in town. Imagine that....Christmas time, homeless people walking around asking for a penny
♪♫ If you haven't got a penny, a hapenny will do"♫ Get this: The RAIDERS Don't Play nice at Christmas or any other time of the year, and when a division win is on the line, and a must win team vs a can't win team, then Welcome to Vegas, Baby!

BILLS BUFFALOES @ Broncos Cold should not affect Bill's Buffaloes like it does the other teams. While I would love to see a horse victory here, I think the Buffalos will weather the cold and out power the Horses. That is how Bison work.

Panthers @ Susan's ACME PACKERS Looks Like GREEN Bay will get their WHITE CHRISTMAS After all.. Guy Lombardo would turn over in his grave at the idea of playing White Christmas at Lambeau field with No Snow.

MANIAC's 49ERS @ Cowboys NO Hallmark Channel Christmas show from the past 180 days will be able to save the Cowboy's season or Christmas this year. And no Andy Dalton Christmas Miracle will save this game either.

SEAHAWKS @ the team we still call the Redskins around here..... Pete Carroll will think twice about slacking off against NFC LEAST teams next time

Bears @ VIKINGS It is a Norse Tradition to eat a BEAR at Christmas !!! Not really, I just did not know what to put here.

Patriots @ MY FINZ It is MY FINZ vs the Grinch Himself !
Oh, and that tree, the one that Bill the Butcher does not like and my Old Lady thinks is Cringeworthy, is Up.

I set it next to the Finz Futon this year.

Toothless Jaguars @ NEVERMORE RAVENS If the Ravens can win a close one against a good team on the road, then they should handle the toothless cats at home, right ?

BUCCANEERS @ Falcons I want to see the Dirty Birds win this , but maybe in two weeks......

Lions @ REMEMBER THE TITANS Remember, the Titans are needing a win for playoff seedings, while the Lions are already OUT

Texicans @ COLTS Another Colts win to keep the suspense going for the Division crown

WHEN BIRDS ATTACK THE CHRISTMAS VERSION
Eagles @ CARDINALS Ever notice how many Christmas Decorations (plates, napkins, giftwrap) have Pesky Red Birds on them ?

Grounded LaGuardia Jets @ RAMS Adam Gase has a dream that he is visited by the spirits of three football greats who show him how futile and wasteful his season with the Jets has become.

CHIEFS @ Saints Some were calling this a potential Super Bowl Prematch, while others are calling it a chance for the Saints to make a statement. That big fat man in Red, though, is not Santa, it is Andy Reid, and he is not bringing gifts to the SuperDome.

EDIBLE BROWNIES
@ Giants Another NFC East loss in the COLD

STEELERS @ Bengals While Jack Lambert is singing that he wants his two front teeth for Christmas, the Steelers are getting back on track with a beat-down of the Stripey Cats.

Old 12-17-2020, 03:39 PM

5,232 posts, read 6,152,814 times
Last week 11-5
Season 139-68-1

Raiders
Bills
Packers
49ers
Seahawks
Vikings
Dolphins
Ravens
Buccaneers
Titans
Colts
Cardinals
Rams
Chiefs
Browns
Steelers

Old 12-17-2020, 05:17 PM

5,167 posts, read 3,659,287 times
Tonight, I will take the Raiders...rest of my picks later
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football