Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-14-2023, 01:52 PM

26,270 posts, read 49,193,517 times

Advertisements

I'm gonna go against "my source" and go with the Browns over the Steelers on the thought that if the Browns can beat the Bengals by 30-7 then they can probably beat the Steelers.

Vikings @ Eagles

Packers @ Falcons
Raiders @ Bills
Ravens @ Bengals
Seahawks @ Lions
Chargers @ Titans
Bears @ Buccaneers
Chiefs @ Jaguars
Colts @ Texans

49ers @ Rams
Giants @ Cardinals
Jets @ Cowboys
Commanders @ Broncos

Dolphins @ Patriots

Saints @ Panthers
Browns @ Steelers
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-14-2023, 02:54 PM

3,270 posts, read 5,651,866 times
Packers @ Falcons - Line is close here. This is more a pick against the Pack although they have very good chance to win but going with the home team.

Raiders @ Bills - Should be my lock of the day but Josh Allen is not dependable of late so not a lock

Ravens @ Bengals - Another tough pick

Seahawks @ Lions - Both these team surprised me last week. I hold Pete Carroll in pretty high regard as a coach

Chargers @ Titans - Chargers bounce back

Bears @ Buccaneers - 2 bad teams. Bears have the worse organization and are on the road

Chiefs @ Jaguars - Bounce back but a tough game for the Chiefs but My Hommies does enough

Colts @ Texans - Who knows, I'll vote for the Texas team

49ers @ Rams - I'll pick the hated Fortywhiners because emotions are stoopid and I go with the right pick !

Giants @ Cardinals - Another bounce back or things will get nasty for Daboll

Jets @ Cowboys - Cowboys win 35-0

Commanders @ Broncos - I wanted to vote NFCE but couldn't make myself. I like the home team here and Sean Payton

Dolphins @ Patriots - Seems weird to pick the phish as they are so historically a shixt show but as long a Tua and Hill are not injured they'll be tough.

Saints @ Panthers - Oh when them Saints go marching in. Taking the road show!

Browns @ Steelers - Another roadie? I guess. Maybe the Brownies are for real. This pick could backfire on me or possibly Pitt is really bad!

Old 09-14-2023, 03:13 PM

45,746 posts, read 27,380,703 times
For tonight...

Vikings @ Eagles

Old 09-14-2023, 04:54 PM

17,691 posts, read 15,415,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike from back east View Post
I'm gonna go against "my source" and go with the Browns over the Steelers on the thought that if the Browns can beat the Bengals by 30-7 then they can probably beat the Steelers.

Browns beat the Bengals 24-3

The Steelers lost to the 49ers 30-7

Anyway.. I won't argue your pick, because.. Watson didn't really play a good game, but he didn't turn the ball over. Pickett didn't play well AND turned the ball over.

I just went with the idea that Tomlin somehow always manages to not have a losing season, and if he's going to keep that up.. I think this is a must win.

Old 09-14-2023, 05:08 PM

14,336 posts, read 14,666,293 times
I don't like when I go with my gut or intuition thoughts but I went Steelers because of Tomlin, too. Two of my picks are probably questionable but did it anyway! Go Pack Go!

Old 09-14-2023, 06:42 PM

2,023 posts, read 1,003,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Labonte18 View Post
Browns beat the Bengals 24-3

The Steelers lost to the 49ers 30-7

Anyway.. I won't argue your pick, because.. Watson didn't really play a good game, but he didn't turn the ball over. Pickett didn't play well AND turned the ball over.

I just went with the idea that Tomlin somehow always manages to not have a losing season, and if he's going to keep that up.. I think this is a must win.
The 49ers have the best defense in the NFL. They will do that to any team they play. It's not really a fair statement to say the Steelers are terrible. The Browns' defense is nowhere near SFO's.

Old 09-14-2023, 09:40 PM

45,746 posts, read 27,380,703 times
Eagles were fortunate to win. Should not have been that close.

They ran the ball a lot - but not enough. The long drive where Hurts was sacked twice and they got no points... those should have been run plays to kick a FG to go up 16pts. Instead they get the ball, score, and they were only down 6 pts.

AJ Brown... patience... just keep winning and do your job

Old 09-15-2023, 08:17 AM

17,691 posts, read 15,415,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
Eagles were fortunate to win. Should not have been that close.

They ran the ball a lot - but not enough. The long drive where Hurts was sacked twice and they got no points... those should have been run plays to kick a FG to go up 16pts. Instead they get the ball, score, and they were only down 6 pts.

AJ Brown... patience... just keep winning and do your job

Vikings turned the ball over 4 more times. If I'm not mistaken, that's 7 giveaways for them in 2 games.

Hard to win like that. I didn't see anything special from Philly. Other than taking advantage of a poor Minnesota run defense. Hurts was pedestrian.

Minnesota misses Cook something fierce. They have ZERO running game. Honestly, it's the Kirk and Justin show and that's it. To be fair.. Hockenson..

Again, credit to Cousins, who played very well.. But.. They still lost. It's not really fair to pin him with them not winning the big/primetime games. He normally plays quite well in them. But.. How do you overcome a -4 turnover differential?

Anyway.. 1-0 for the week.. Starting off right.. BUT.. this was a big learning game for the future.. We saw an awful lot about both teams. The Vikings are one dimensional and turnover prone.. The Eagles.. I'll be honest, I didn't see anything special. Certainly not a team that looked like they'd get to, much less win the conference championship.

That being said.. It's still early.

Old 09-15-2023, 11:07 AM

11,341 posts, read 11,097,946 times
Vikings @ Eagles (picked earlier)

Packers @ Falcons
Raiders @ Bills
Ravens @ Bengals
Seahawks @ Lions
Chargers @ Titans
Bears @ Buccaneers
Chiefs @ Jaguars
Colts @ Texans
49ers @ Rams
Giants @ Cardinals
Jets @ Cowboys
Commanders @ Broncos
Dolphins @ Patriots

Saints @ Panthers (Mon.)
Browns @ Steelers (Mon.)

Last week: 8-8

Old 09-15-2023, 11:08 AM

5,167 posts, read 3,673,333 times
Missed my first Thursday night game and the tradition is back! Ha.

The rest of my picks:

Vikings @ Eagles (Missed)

Packers@ Falcons
Raiders @ Bills
Ravens @ Bengals
Seahawks @ Lions
Chargers @ Titans
Bears @ Buccaneers
Chiefs @ Jaguars
Colts @ Texans
49ers @ Rams
Giants @ Cardinals
Jets @ Cowboys
Commanders @ Broncos
Dolphins @ Patriots

Saints @ Panthers (Mon.)
Browns @ Steelers (Mon.)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football