Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-17-2023, 05:21 PM

17,576 posts, read 15,247,745 times

Advertisements

At one point.. I was looking at perhaps 9-0 through the early games. Wound up 5-4.

Titans, Seahawks, Falcons got me in VERY close games. And.. Well.. I jumped saying the Jags would take out the Chiefs and got bit there.

Still some time to go, but a little HTTR.. I should be 3-0 with the late games.

How about the collapses today? Cards folded, Packers. Lions.. The Ravens TRIED to.. Chargers were up much of that game.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-17-2023, 05:38 PM

2,036 posts, read 1,603,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjseliga View Post
And Burrow is laughing all the way to the bank, he got his money!
Yep, he’s still getting paid no matter what the score is at the end of the game.

Old 09-17-2023, 05:41 PM

2,036 posts, read 1,603,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Labonte18 View Post
At one point.. I was looking at perhaps 9-0 through the early games. Wound up 5-4.

Titans, Seahawks, Falcons got me in VERY close games. And.. Well.. I jumped saying the Jags would take out the Chiefs and got bit there.

Still some time to go, but a little HTTR.. I should be 3-0 with the late games.

How about the collapses today? Cards folded, Packers. Lions.. The Ravens TRIED to.. Chargers were up much of that game.
Especially the Lions collapse. They were ahead, and looking to pull out the win. BOOM! Seahawks comeback and win it.

Old 09-17-2023, 05:45 PM

14,321 posts, read 14,616,693 times
Ha, Me, too! I posted my picks were going to be similar to yours, well they were! Could end up 9-4 though or not with a crazy Hail Mary by Denver. Washington wins, good grief!

Old 09-17-2023, 05:45 PM

45,580 posts, read 27,172,269 times
Den... OMG... then oh no

Old 09-18-2023, 03:51 AM

339 posts, read 148,433 times
Vikings @ Eagles-TNF Eagles not spectacular but competent enough to pull it out.
Packers @ Falcons 1 lousy point, lol
Raiders @ Bills Watched most of this game but felt like the Bills were still sloppy. The Raiders were the Raiders, no surprise there
Ravens @ Bengals I like Burrow, a lot. I just think the Ravens had a better shot to win it this early. LJ has weapons also, didn't see any of this one, it was close.
Seahawks @ Lions I had the feeling the Seahawks would pull it out. OT was right.
Chargers @ Titans You couldn't pull it out in OT guys, sigh
Bears @ Buccaneers I don't trust the Bears with Fields. It's why I chose Tampa.
Chiefs @ Jaguars It was close but the Chiefs will be okay barring serious injuries I do believe, need to get it together though
Colts @ Texans Thank you Gardner Minshew lol
49ers @ Rams I have a soft spot for the Rams but yes, the 49ers handled it. The Rams have a really great rookie who isn't playing like a rookie so far. Puka Nacua #17 is one to watch
Giants @ Cardinals The luck of the Irish smiles on me, or the Red Birds are horrid to lose that lead??? Jones showed sparks of life but Giants have serious issues through 2 games, but what fight that was to come back, shows heart!
Jets @ Cowboys I'm not totally impressed with the Cowboys yet. Dak is fairly competent I guess. Could be worse and have Zack Wilson as your QB lol
Commanders @ Broncos I think they'll find a way to win this. Grow up to be men now team! I was wrong, sigh. Yes, The horse had a good lead but blew it, we made it closer though. Still issues but better, even if we are 0-2. On the road now!
Dolphins @ Patriots-SNF I saw most of the game the Finz are pretty decent through 2 weeks. If the injuries stay away, they'll be there at the end. Tyreek is outstanding.

Saints @ Panthers (Mon.)
Browns @ Steelers (Mon.)

So if the Saints and Browns pull it out later, it will have been a fairly successful pick week. I need to look at my ability to pick games involving the Falcons and Chargers rationally. Both franchises are pretty bad. I wouldn't play for either of them, just bad times. I already know my ability to pick against my Broncos is a tough sell. Just going to have to roll with it. 0-2 is a cellar dweller. There are bright spots sure. NatHack isn't our coach, Payton is. So 3 losses so far this week, thanks Packers, Broncos and Chargers lol. Week #2 is always pretty tough. Giants winning that against the Cards, it was the biggest surprise of the day for me.

Old 09-18-2023, 05:56 AM

14,321 posts, read 14,616,693 times
Good job on the picks, Kala and oh, those Packers, this is how it will be I think with such a young team, should not have lost that game, missed opportunities.

I'm 10-4 going into tonight with Saints, Steelers, might be putting too much faith in Tomlin. 9-5 in my Packers group because I changed my Wash pick to Denver, not cool Broncos. Even without Hackett, they still have clock issues.

Old 09-18-2023, 05:57 AM

5,213 posts, read 3,012,647 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmgg View Post
If the ball went out of bounds OUTSIDE of the the marker, it would have been 1st & goal for the Vikings at the point where it exited. If you fumble the ball OVER or where it goes INSIDE the marker and then goes THROUGH the endzone it has left the field of play and is a touchback just like if it goes through the endzone on a kickoff. Now, if his fumble stayed in the endzone (without going through it) and a Viking recovered it, that would have been a touchdown for whoever jumped on it. Jefferson clearly did NOT have control of the ball when it crossed the goal line. If he DID have control, it would have been a touchdown for Jefferson.
I understand the rule. I just dont understand why they have it.

Old 09-18-2023, 08:45 AM

3,963 posts, read 2,347,763 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by quiet life View Post
7-9 last week.

Minnesota @ Philadelphia

Green Bay @ Atlanta
Las Vegas @ Buffalo
Baltimore @ Cincinnati
Seattle @ Detroit
LA Chargers @ Tennessee
Chicago @ Tampa Bay
Kansas City @ Jacksonville
Indianapolis @ Houston
San Francisco @ LA Rams
NY Giants @ Arizona - Go G-men!
NY Jets @ Dallas
Washington @ Denver

Miami @ New England

New Orleans @ Carolina (Mon.)
Cleveland @ Pittsburgh (Mon.)
10-4 so far this week. Feel good about the Steelers. Toss-up with the Saints. We'll see.

Old 09-18-2023, 01:10 PM

26,212 posts, read 49,031,855 times
Patriots now are 0-2, the first time since 2001 they started 0-2. I expect they'll recover quickly.
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football