Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-13-2023, 06:41 PM

2,040 posts, read 1,606,466 times

Advertisements

Week 2:

Eagles
Packers
Bengals
Bills
Lions
Chargers
Buccaneers
Chiefs
Colts
49ers
Cowboys
Giants
Broncos
Dolphins
Saints
Browns

8-8 season
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-13-2023, 07:21 PM

9,763 posts, read 7,477,660 times
Last week: 10-6
Overall: 10-6

Vikings @ Eagles. Vikings probably aren't as bad as they were on Sunday, but Primetime Kirk Cousins?? Yikes, no thank you.

Old 09-13-2023, 07:48 PM

3,266 posts, read 5,635,276 times
I'll do my Thursday Night Football pick now:

Eagles

Gonna be interesting as they (Philly) have a lot of injuries.

S - Reed Blankenship --- OUT
CB - James Bradbury --- OUT
LB - Nacobr Dean --- placed on IR
RB - Kenneth Gainwell --- OUT
DT - Fletcher Cox --- QUESTIONABLE

4 out of the center of the starting defense

Last edited by BobTex; 09-13-2023 at 08:00 PM..

Old 09-13-2023, 07:54 PM

2,632 posts, read 4,052,419 times
Vikings @ Eagles

Packers @ Falcons
Raiders @ Bills
Ravens @ Bengals
Seahawks @ Lions
Chargers @ Titans
Bears @ Buccaneers
Chiefs @ Jaguars
Colts @ Texans
49ers @ Rams
Giants @ Cardinals
Jets @ Cowboys
Commanders @ Broncos
Dolphins @ Patriots

Saints @ Panthers (Mon.)
Browns @ Steelers (Mon.)

Old 09-14-2023, 04:55 AM

2,045 posts, read 786,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aquacannon View Post
Week 2

Vikings @ Eagles

Packers @ Falcons
Raiders @ Bills
Ravens @ Bengals
Seahawks @ Lions
Chargers @ Titans
Bears @ Buccaneers
Chiefs @ Jaguars
Colts @ Texans
49ers @ Rams
Giants @ Cardinals
Jets @ Cowboys
Commanders @ Broncos
Dolphins @ Patriots

Saints @ Panthers (Mon.)
Browns @ Steelers (Mon.)
Eagles

Falcons
Bills
Bengals
Lions
Chargers
Bears
Chiefs
Texans
49ers
Giants
Cowboys
Commanders
Patriots

Panthers
Browns

Old 09-14-2023, 07:38 AM

7,595 posts, read 6,090,697 times
Vikings @ EAGLES Q: What is not to like about Thursday night football? A: EVERYTHING Injuries, short prep week, travel time, and this week, Kirk Cousins. Thank the Football gods that there is a college football game tonight to give us fans our football fix for Thursday

Susan's Packers @ FALCONS It is too early in the season to accurately predict this game. What I can say is that based on experience, the Dirty Birds have been one of the 32 teams on here that have often ruined my predictions on a semi-regular basis. SO I am picking them even though I want Susan's team to win

Raiders @ BILL's BUFFALOES Raiders are a hot mess in spite of their uniforms, then again, the Buffaloes have a few issues too Oh an Jimmy G's name already came up on an injury watch.

Ravens @ BENGALS I don't see the Stripey cats going win-less this far into the season

Seahawks @ DETROIT ROCK CITY LIONS Pete Carroll still looking for his first win of the season, Lions eat a bird and win by a tooth

CHARGERS @ Titans Remember the Titans are led by a QB who threw three picks vs no TDs last week, while Kellen Moore was predictable at offense play calling as normal

Bears @ BUCCANEERS I am Amazed that the Buccaneers are undefeated and more amazed that it was not all over the local news this week. Guess it is too hot here for football. Besides the heat, the Riff-Raff that is Bears fans will be at the tailgate Sunday, so avoid Raymond James stadium this weekend

Chiefs @ JAGUARS Will the Chefs return of two key players make all the difference, or are the the Jaguars and Prince Lawrence the real cats this year?

Colts @ TEXICANS This week, The Lovie Smith Show moves to the Astrodome where Smith and his long time friend Herm Edwards perform a show with Smith on Guitar and Edwards on Electric Bass called "An Evening of Blues songs inspired by life in football" The Set list includes such blues classics as "Last Place" and "She said I'm No Good" Tickets are still available.

MANIACS 49ERS @ Rams Both teams looked good, but Niners are better team me thinks

NEW YORK FOOTBALL GIANTS @ Pitiful Red Birds Two Winless Dsappointments meet, injuries all over the birds already and the Giants have yet to score a single point this season The Pathetic RedBirds cannot stop the passing game, so Jones has a chance to redeem himself.

La Guardia Jets @ COWBOYS Top Two Defenses meet up, injuries are a concern for BobTex's Cowboys and the Jets will be without geriatric gigolo Aaron Rodgers

__________________________________________________ ________________________
A SUPER BOWL REMATCH
Redskins @ BRONCOS Both teams looked less than spectacular last week, but look for the Horses to avenge their loss at home vs a mediocre Redskin team
__________________________________________________ _____________________

MY FINZ @ Patriots I was ssurprised My Finz won. I was cooking food and watching the game at the same time. I made grilled tacos I served everything "Football Spread" using NFL paper plates and cups of various teams. My son did not comment on the food, but picked up a Dolphins plate and said that teal and orange are not a good color combination. Obviously heard that from his mom

SAINTS @ Panthers (Mon.)
EDIBLE BROWNIES @ Steelers (Mon.) Expect a real slobberknocker here I hope ELi and PEyton have this game, they are fun to hear Much better than those other two on the other channel.

Old 09-14-2023, 08:38 AM

1,580 posts, read 1,462,536 times
Vikings @ Eagles-You never know what's going to happen on TNF. The winning team is usually the team who best adjusts to the short week. The poor play of Primetime Kirk Cousins has been well documented. He's actually played better recently in prime time the last couple of seasons, but Philly should win their home opener 23-20 on TNF. Philly got off to a hot start last week against the Pats and kind've fizzled, but they usually soar to a victory.

Packers @ Falcons-This game will be a better test to see where Jordan Love and the Packers are. Da Bears are seemingly still Da Bears. I believe Aaron Jones must play for them to win. Getting Christian Watson back would also be a bonus. Falcons like to run the ball and the Pack struggle against the run, but I believe the Pack will eke it out 24-23.

Raiders @ Bills-I love Jimmy G. He's not flashy or even a great quarterback, but the dude wins. BUT not this week. I'm predicting a Josh Allen redemption game. He was pretty bad on SNF against the stout Jets defense. Raiders D, aside from Max Crosby, doesn't present as much of a challenge. Give me Buffalo in a 35-17 shellacking.

Ravens @ Bengals-There are 146.51 million reasons Joe Burrow will figure it out and lead Cincy to the playoffs this season. I'm not worried about him or Cincy at all. They started the season 0-2 last year and still ended up in the AFC Conference Championship. With Burrow's calf injury and most good QBs not playing a down in the preseason it might take some time to settle into the season. He'll rebound here, but I still think the Ravens, who historically start off hot, pull out a 21-20 victory.

Seahawks @ Lions-I'm a believer in Dan Campbell, man! I hope he continues changing the culture in Detroit. I'm not sure if this will be a Geno Smith regression year or not. Maybe he was just rusty like many QBs appeared to be in Week 1. I think Geno rebounds in Week 2. I also expect Goff to go off. In fact I'm predicting a 45-42 shootout.

Chargers @ Titans-Remember the Titans have lost 8 games in a row dating back to last year. They should've won last week if it wasn't for bad head coaching decisions. Tannehill sucks and bellcow Derrick Henry just isn't effective in today's NFL as he was even 2 seasons ago. With that said I'm calling for an upset against the Homeless Bolts who will be travelling cross country barefoot for the 1 PM EST game. They look great on paper, but continue to disappoint. Tennessee wins 20-17 in OT.

Bears @ Buccaneers-Bucs had the biggest upset in Week 1. No one in our pick em took the Bucs. Not even Everwinter who makes picks on who has the best helmet. I figured Baker would have a good game against the matador Vikings defense. He should also feast on Da Bears who already have appeared to throw in the towel this season. I couldn't believe how lackluster they came out at home in Week 1. Justin Fields will be a fantasy beast, but it won't translate to wins. Give me Tampa to win again by a score of 28-25.

Chiefs @ Jaguars-I figure KC would've won in Week 1 if Kelce had played. He should play against the Jags, so I'll take KC in a nice 28-24 rebound game. After all those dropped passes last week Mahomes will be glad to have his dawg back. Jacksonville will have a good season, but I don't see the champions falling to 0-2. They should have Chris Jones back for this too.

Colts@ Texans-I'll take Anthony Richardson over CJ Stroud and Shane Steichen over DeMeco Ryans in the battle of rookie QBs and head coaches. I just think Colts have a better team. I'll take them to win 19-17 in this AFC South stinker.

49ers@ Rams-There was a lot of bad play from supposedly good teams in Week 1. However, my 49ers didn't disappoint. I was thrilled with how they came out firing on all cylinders. Brock Purdy looked great. I was concerned that he'd come out flat post-injury. Offense was rolling and defense was stout. I wasn't expecting a 30-7 beatdown in Pittsburgh. Kuppless Rams were also surprising winning in Seattle, but SF owns the Rams. My Niners have beaten the Rams in 8 of their last 9 meetings, so I'm taking them 30-21 in my gimme and survivor pick of the week.

Giants@ Cardinals-I'm gonna take a flier on the Cards this week. They at least were competitive in Week 1. Gmen showed no signs of life. I can't pick them after that performance. Cards have to win some time. It isn't likely they'll go 0-17. They win this 7-3 in an old school slobberknocker.

Jets @ Cowboys-I think I speak for most NFL fans when I say everybody just wanted to see what Rodgers on the Jets would look like. It could have been good or bad, but it would've been entertaining. His season lasting only 4 plays is bad for the NFL. I hope that's not the end of his career. This matchup against Cowboys is not optimal. Jets sole weakness is offensive line and the Cowboys defense is tough as was on display last week. With that said Zach Wilson doesn't have to be great. He just needs to be serviceable. He showed great resolve leading the Jets to a comeback OT victory after throwing an INT in Week 1. If he can just hand the ball off to Breece Hall and Dalvin Cook and just get the ball in the vicinity of Garrett Wilson, the Jets defense will take care of the rest. Jets have beaten Cowboys in their last 3 meetings, and Dallas hasn't beaten the Jets since 2007 (albeit small sample size). A bad Dak game in Dallas is possible. He has a few WTF? games every season. Give me the grounded Jets 35-0.

Commanders @ Broncos-For Week 2 this seems like a huge game for Sean Payton, Russell Wilson, and the Broncos. You can't lose 2 winnable home games to start out the season. I don't think they'll be great, but they don't need to be great to beat Riverboat Ron's Commanders. I'll take Denver to eke out a 17-14 win.

Dolphins @ Patriots-It is Tua Time in Miami and I'm loving it. He's 4-0 against Belichick. I expect another great performance with Tyreek "The Freak" Hill make big play after big play. Finz win 25-17. I'm still waiting for Mac Jones and the Pats to turn it around, but they seem overmatched from a talent perspective. Brilliant coaching can't compensate for that.

Saints @ Panthers-The lowly AFC South is wide open. I expect N'awlins to take it over the Bucs and Falcons. Derek Carr should be able to beat Bryce Young. Rookie QBs and head coaches were winless last week. Give me the Who dat? Saints in a 28-17 victory on MNF.

Browns @ Steelers-I expect Kenny Pickett, the Steel Curtain, and Terrible Towels to redeem themselves with a 17-13 win in this AFC North dogfight on MNF. Here's to another 9-8 winning season for Mike Tomlin.

Old 09-14-2023, 09:04 AM

8,877 posts, read 13,918,925 times
I'll take the Eagles tonight and finish my picks before the Sunday games.

Old 09-14-2023, 11:54 AM

9,503 posts, read 9,824,479 times
Week 2

(10-6 overall)

Minnesota @ Philadelphia

Green Bay @ Atlanta
Las Vegas @ Buffalo
Baltimore @ Cincinnati
Seattle @ Detroit
LA Chargers @ Tennessee
Chicago @ Tampa Bay
Kansas City @ Jacksonville
Indianapolis @ Houston
San Francisco @ LA Rams
NY Giants @ Arizona
NY Jets @ Dallas
Washington @ Denver

Miami @ New England

New Orleans @ Carolina (Mon.)
Cleveland @ Pittsburgh (Mon.)

Old 09-14-2023, 01:35 PM

200 posts, read 62,000 times
10-6 Overall

Week 2: Picks

Minnesota @ Philadelphia

Green Bay @ Atlanta
Las Vegas @ Buffalo
Baltimore @ Cincinnati
Seattle @ Detroit
LA Chargers @ Tennessee
Chicago @ Tampa Bay
Kansas City @ Jacksonville
Indianapolis @ Houston
San Francisco @ LA Rams
NY Giants @ Arizona
NY Jets @ Dallas
Washington @ Denver

Miami @ New England

New Orleans @ Carolina
Cleveland @ Pittsburgh
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football