Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-24-2014, 07:47 AM

15,896 posts, read 12,006,876 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Votre_Chef View Post
Geez.

I feel genuine sorrow for Browns' fans. Such a proud tradition and in such desperate need of a new owner.
We just got a new owner. Unfortunately, nothing has changed, and in fact it seems more like a circus than before. At any rate this organization has been a bunch of posers and making a mockery of a once great tradition that is Cleveland Browns football! Since the NFL wants to put a football team in LA so badly, I say my fellow Cleveland Browns fans should lobby the NFL, to ship this poor excuse of an organization masquerading as the Cleveland Browns to LA, and give Cleveland a new expansion team with the Browns name!!!! Hey, if we're going to keep hitting the reset button, we may as well do it right, and blow the whole damn thing up and start over! We may actually get it right! Besides the NFL allowed Modell to move the team anyway, so they should assist in making it right!

Now that I've ranted, the optimist in me says we have to give this new coach a chance. If he fails, then Banner and Lombardi should be shown the door.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dissenter View Post
And replaced with the guy who led the 20th ranked scoring defense? Sorry Browns fans. This one is a stinker.

Yeah. It does seem like they were scraping the bottom of the barrel. But who knows? Maybe he is a diamond in the rough. Last year I was excited about the Browns with new ownership, a new front office, and with the hiring of Chud. Now... I'm back to being cautiously optimistic, and being like Missouri... SHOW ME!

The Factory Of Sadness Continues in C-town!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-24-2014, 09:59 AM

1,598 posts, read 1,938,695 times
We folks here we go again with what seems like our 50th new head coach since the return.

Really, really hoping this guy works out because I'm just about at the point of not caring anymore.

One positive so far is that Coach Pettine mentioned he tailors his system to the talent on hand. What a novel concept! Shurmur and Mangini especially were notorious for being bullheaded and insisting on running schemes that the players on hand just were not cut out for.

Old 01-24-2014, 12:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubyanumberone View Post
We folks here we go again with what seems like our 50th new head coach since the return.

Really, really hoping this guy works out because I'm just about at the point of not caring anymore.

One positive so far is that Coach Pettine mentioned he tailors his system to the talent on hand. What a novel concept! Shurmur and Mangini especially were notorious for being bullheaded and insisting on running schemes that the players on hand just were not cut out for.

That is a positive. The other was his reference to the team being mentally and physically tough. We shall see. I'm like you though. I'm very close to swearing off the NFL anymore. Between them screwing with the Pro Bowl, all of the extra rules about how you can or cannot hit players, the fact that they moved kick offs up so that it's almost possible for a return, Goodell wanting to remove the extra point, and the fact that my favorite team continues to suck.... Well.... it's getting old. At least the Buckeyes provide some joy on weekend.

Old 01-24-2014, 01:39 PM

1,811 posts, read 3,196,047 times
Just another coach, nothing to get excited about. We'll hear the same crap about how "this is the guy" and blah blah. I'm not going to be convinced until he proves he can win. Until then, this is just more of the "same old Browns"

Old 02-11-2014, 08:28 AM

Just heard Joe Banner is stepping down, and Mike Lombardi is out! Hooray!

Old 02-11-2014, 10:00 AM

13,520 posts, read 22,161,550 times
That must make Pettine feel real warm and fuzzy.

Old 02-11-2014, 10:20 AM

6,420 posts, read 6,537,263 times
Go Browns!!!

Old 02-11-2014, 06:38 PM

5,147 posts, read 7,488,370 times
Let us show you what Browns can do for you!

Old 02-12-2014, 07:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beenhere4ever View Post
Let us show you what Browns can do for you!

Personally I think it was a great move! Never understood the Lombardi hiring anyway! He sucked in his days here with Belichick too! I've also come to the conclusion that Joe Banner is just an egotistical jerk! In hindsight, there was a reason why Philly let him walk. I think Haslam is proving that he isn't playing around, and with these moves the Browns will be better off. Also heard a report on the radio that Brandon Weeden now wants out! Good. Don't let the door hit ya in the a** on the way out! Next stop for Brandon.... bagging groceries.

Old 02-12-2014, 11:24 AM

13,520 posts, read 22,161,550 times
While these may be the "right" moves, being quick-to-fire can create constant change/upheaval in your organization. Who wants to be or can succeed as a part of THAT org?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football