Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-22-2008, 06:11 PM

11,887 posts, read 36,928,893 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOUBLE H View Post
Synopsis is right regarding Wade Philips. On the Charger thread he made a good point regarding Norv Turner being a good assistant but not a good head coach. Wade follows in that category is well. He is a good players coach just like his Dad, Bum Philips, was. Sadly, with the money as huge as it is, and the players, as undisciplined as they are, IMHO players coaches don't succeed as well as they used to. Wade is a very likable guy. But when you are dealing with today's players with their egos, agents, agendas, being a nice guy works to your detriment. When I think of Dallas Cowboy class, I think of Tom Landry, Tony Dorsett, Roger Staubach, and the best D-lineman to ever play IMHO, Bob Lilly. I was VERY fortunate to meet Wade and his Dad when the Broncos scrimmaged against the New Orleans Saints in '85. Good men, both of them. It just is not a good fit here.
Yeah, Wade is a good guy, a really good guy (like his Dad). Tom Landry was nothing but pure, distilled, 200 proof CLASS.

I've never been a Cowboy fan, but Tom Landry exuded class like nobody else. Tony Dorsett: I've never, ever seen a running back glide through tackles like some kind of gazelle on the field of play. He was awesome; it was too bad he had to end his career in (Denver?)?

Last edited by Synopsis; 10-27-2008 at 05:29 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-22-2008, 06:12 PM

11,887 posts, read 36,928,893 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kperez View Post
i think the cowboys suck just like the patriots do cause they are cheaters
Why is that? The Cowboys aren't cheaters in any shape or form unless there is something I haven't heard.

Old 10-22-2008, 09:18 PM
JJG JJG started this thread

13,612 posts, read 22,912,044 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Synopsis View Post
Why is that? The Cowboys aren't cheaters in any shape or form unless there is something I haven't heard.
The Cowboys aren't cheaters.... he's just another Cowboy hater talkin up while the 'Boys are down.......

Old 10-22-2008, 09:27 PM

18,220 posts, read 25,865,369 times
Although I've been a Bronco fan for 48 years, I didn't quite get Dorsett getting run out of Dallas to accommodate Herschel Walker. Funny, though, when Dan Reeves coached Denver he eventually brought a lot of former Cowboys to Denver when he coached there; Tony Dorsett, Aaron Kyle, Wade Manning, Butch Johnson, Craig Morton, and a few others. Also coaches like Charlie Waters and Ernie Stautner, who passed away earlier this year. Stautner was a great defensive lineman in his day with the Pittsburgh Steelers in the 50's and early 60's.

Last edited by DOUBLE H; 10-22-2008 at 09:28 PM.. Reason: spelling

Old 10-26-2008, 02:16 PM

This week's results: Cowboys BEAT the Bucs 13-9

2008 record: (5-3)

...Don't hit that panic button just yet 'Boys fans.....

What I saw today was someone FINALLY stepping up. Even though it wasn't a beatdown, Dallas won a game it should have won. Hopefully, this momentum will carry on to next week.......

Old 10-26-2008, 02:30 PM

3,681 posts, read 9,060,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kperez View Post
i think the cowboys suck just like the patriots do cause they are cheaters
When did the Cowboys cheat? I haven't heard about this. A bunch of convicts, yes. Joke of an owner, yes. But cheaters??? Come on dude, lets hear it.

Old 10-26-2008, 02:33 PM

3,681 posts, read 9,060,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJG View Post
This week's results: Cowboys BEAT the Bucs 13-9

2008 record: (5-3)

...Don't hit that panic button just yet 'Boys fans.....

What I saw today was someone FINALLY stepping up. Even though it wasn't a beatdown, Dallas won a game it should have won. Hopefully, this momentum will carry on to next week.......
Nice win by the Cowboys today. Very exciting finish. As much as I wanted them to lose, they pulled it out nicely, congrats!

This post is dedicated to "Smooth from ELP"! Here's your shout out bro, since you only hear from people when your 'Boys lose, here is a little love. Cheers!

Old 10-26-2008, 02:50 PM

8,577 posts, read 7,853,502 times
I hope the cowboys lose the rest of their games. detroit has their first round draft pick and I want a good one to go along with with the #1 overall we are sure to get.

Old 10-26-2008, 03:16 PM
FBJ

39,605 posts, read 59,032,219 times
The Boys have a Showndown next week with the G-Men, should be a Great Game.

Old 10-26-2008, 10:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
The Boys have a Showndown next week with the G-Men, should be a Great Game.
.... the key words there are "should be" . Just like we should have beat the Cardinals and Rams. Like I mentioned, the Cowboys need all the momentum they gathered from this game to carry them to next week.

It was a great win, but it was still without Romo and a not yet proven secondary, which will remain the same next week......
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football