Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-20-2019, 11:28 AM

9,153 posts, read 9,528,530 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
and dont forget cole beasley, and jason witten coming back, though witten needs to get into game shape. i do believe the receiver corps is set for the cowboys. lets hope they open up their offense this season.

Cole Beasley went bye-bye. You must be thinking of someone else?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-20-2019, 05:53 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,934,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LillyLillyLilly View Post
Cole Beasley went bye-bye. You must be thinking of someone else?

i didnt know beasley left the team. thats too bad, but se la vie.

Old 03-20-2019, 07:43 PM

3,270 posts, read 5,651,143 times
Bease to Buffalo last week. Still think the rec'r corps is a strong point especially if Hurns makes it back. Did Cobb play the slot in GB?

Old 03-21-2019, 01:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobTex View Post
Bease to Buffalo last week. Still think the rec'r corps is a strong point especially if Hurns makes it back. Did Cobb play the slot in GB?

doesnt matter because cooper is also a slot receiver even though the cowboys used him as a wide out last season.

Old 04-05-2019, 06:41 PM

3,270 posts, read 5,651,143 times
Alright Cowboy fans, draw a deep breath and let it out ... time to relax some.

Tank is finally signed ... 5 years , $105 mil with $65 mil signing bonus. Front loaded.

Old 04-05-2019, 08:56 PM

that makes it easier for the cowboys. you know that prescott isnt going anywhere, and cooper is also likely not going anywhere either.

Old 04-26-2019, 10:53 AM

7,609 posts, read 6,117,314 times
Cowboys need to think seriously about this year's draft. Because next year, Zeke and Dak are going to want MORE MONEY! and there is not going to be a lot of cash left on the table to pay other players.
Here is my take.

Tight End needs to be addressed. Witten coming off a year of not playing and a year older after a year that showed him slipping in productivity, as well as the other Tight Ends not stepping up, And the diamond in the rough for the Cowboys is Dax Raymond out of Utah State. IF he can be had in the 4th or 5th round. He would be a perfect passing threat for DAK Behind Witten or along side of him in a 2TE setup. He has the skill set to run into the Cowboys offense in certain sets. I would not take him in the 2nd or 3rd round.

I think that a Receiver needs to be taken in the late round. I have no money to bet on Hurns returning at 100%. Ar WR3 I like Myles Boykin and Hakeem Butler, but if they are not there in round 5 or 6 I would look at Jamarius Way out of S Alabama ... With the right coaching, he could be a star.

Along the way they must get a safety and that should be in Round 2 And Defensive Line in round 3 because without winning the fight up front, little else matters. And Do not bank on Randy Gregory returning....this is his 4th time and he blew his last chance. So time to get help inside because Taco Charlton is not panning out.

Just some observations. From someone who thinks he knows football.

Old 04-30-2019, 06:19 AM

7,609 posts, read 6,117,314 times
I saw they grabbed Jalen Guyton from the Cat's Alma Mater I think there is some idea behind this, but I would rather they had grabbed Dax Raymond (Da Bears got him)
Guyton is a solid handed catcher. He can grab the rocket throw from Prescott and hold on to it. he is very sure handed. He is not a run after the catch guy though. He excels at standing near the sideline, grabbing a difficult throw, getting a first down and stepping out. he likes the sidelines, more than he seems to like the middle.

For the Cowboys, he could make a WR4 due to the depleted depth because I do not think Hurns will be back at 100% and I do not trust Austin. He is the kind of guy you put in at WR4 with 2 minutes left, have him go 15 yards down the sideline on third down, make the first down and save the drive, and I think he can certainly do that.That is important. He can get 4 or 5 first downs a game, but probably 75 yards total with it.

As I am inundated by Cowboy fans, I spoke with a rather insightful and level headed one this weekend, someone I have known for decades. he agrees that the Cowboys may be in a make or break year. As I mentioned before, some guys are wanting more money next year and it may impact the salary cap. If Zak and Deke get what they want, then they may be promoting the guy who sells cokes in the stands to be the punter.
And regardless of what people say, The Head Coach is going into what may be his last year if he does not show some playoff wins I think the Defensive coach is safe, as the defense is good (Best Linebackers in the game STILL) The new OC is a toss up..... If things change, salary demands not met, coaches fired and have to restart, new players have to come in at RB or QB then 2020 can be a bad rebuilding year.

I think getting a couple of RBs in the draft was a good start. However, neither one has Zeke's potential as a feature back. Ryquell Armstead does have the potential I would have taken him over Pollard I saw him play here in College and he was impressive.

Old 05-01-2019, 11:41 AM

1,771 posts, read 1,701,228 times
So, roster-wise, what are your concerns with the current Cowboys roster? For me, TE is a concern. I know that Witten is back but he will turn 37 years old in less than a week and don't think the Cowboys should count on him past 2019. I do think he's on his last legs and that TE could easily be a weakness even with him back.

Ideally, I would have loved for the Cowboys to have come away with a TE in the draft, though that just didn't happen. Jace Sternberger is a guy that I would have really liked to see with the Cowboys but he went to Green Bay in the 3rd round (75th overall). He might end up being one of the better pass-catching TEs in the league in 3 or 4 years.

Old 05-01-2019, 01:04 PM

tight end is a concern to be sure, yes witten is getting older, but is not injury prone so that helps. but they also have blake jarwin and rico gathers on the roster still, both of which are decent tight ends. and there is codey mcelroy who is a blank slate at this point, so we will have to wait until the pre season before we find out what he is capable of.

i am a bit concerned about the depth at linebacker though. we have a solid first string, but after that it gets a bit dicey.

i was disappointed when they let rod smith go, but picking up mike weber in the draft seems to take care of that issue.

however i think the biggest issue in th past few seasons has been the too conservative offensive scheme of scott linehan. i think that if kellen moore opens up the offense and lets the team be what the cwboys offense if capable of, the cowboys can go deep into the playoffs this year.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football