Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-17-2009, 08:03 PM

18,245 posts, read 25,906,210 times

Advertisements

Thank you, nevergoingback, for talking about the interview!!

Yes, the interview! On post #2, I told everyone I would keep this thread open so long as the INTERVIEW would be discussed. We are sitting at 7 Mike Vick threads, and a new one popped up on the Georgia forum, not surprisingly.

One more time people, the CBS interview.

Sorry people, I asked for comments regarding the 60 minute interview, didn't get them. This thread is closed. There are a half dozen other threads on Mike Vick on this forum and a thread on the Georgia forum and two threads on the Philadelphia forum.

Last edited by DOUBLE H; 08-18-2009 at 11:01 AM..

Old 08-17-2009, 08:47 PM

3,977 posts, read 7,701,352 times
I meant committing a crime in general. ANY type of crime, at the time, people aren't thinking of the consequences of their actions. A pedestrian killed by a drunk driver cannot call for help. A woman being raped cannot call for help, an animal being brutulized cannot call for help.
If you read carefully, you would understand the point I was trying to make.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Summerz View Post
It's no different??!!
Last I knew Dogs, Cats and other animals are not able to make phone calls for help......
Big difference in many many ways.

Old 08-17-2009, 08:48 PM

3,977 posts, read 7,701,352 times
ready my response to Summer. I was making a point that in ANY type of crime, people don't think of the consequences. And last I knew, a pedestrian killed by a drunk driver cannot call for help either.
Etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blondie621 View Post
Good one Summer!

Old 08-17-2009, 08:52 PM

4,334 posts, read 13,674,444 times
Not one time did vick mention his sorrow for the dogs. I never saw a tear. Never saw any compassion. But then again this is something one is born with. People that are lacking compassion in their hearts end up doing uncomprehensible things like vick.
Vick shows no remorse. He would do it all over again. Remember, he got caught! Then he lied about it saying he knew nothing about the dog fighting on his property!

Old 08-17-2009, 10:38 PM

4,334 posts, read 13,674,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Summers View Post
You're really fired up about this. Honest question, are your quotes above just internet zealotry or are you doing anything about it? Vick probably made you aware of this crime but you seem focused just on this one guy...what about the unknowns, are you using that zeal to make them known and make them pay for their crimes. If the answer is no, then you're pretty pathetic with this noise. No, I don't know you, so save that. I'm from ATL and when I heard the news I gave away my unworn $150 Vick jersey to a co-worker. I don't support Vick's crimes (do not go there at all) but I do want him to turn it around. I can't stomach blood and gore and I wonder if Vick was under heavy narcotics to enjoy that stuff and that just makes me shake my head. I save my outrage for the murderers, child molesters, and rapist. Bottom line, I hope that you're actually going after the lesser known dogfighters and not being lazy (millions bashing one guy but ignoring the rest, pathetic). I thought the interview was great, though.
I do not owe you anything in response except I am a huge animal activist and rescuer.
I saw the end result ravages of what thugs do to dogs and pitbulls in general. It is not a pretty site. I will not back down on this. I will always speak for those who cannot. Vick brought this out in the open and now we really know what horrific things go on in the dog fighting world to the poor dogs.
Vick showed no remorse in the interview!
And yes, I will continue to make alot of noise!

Old 08-18-2009, 06:57 AM

7,931 posts, read 15,842,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedaddicted View Post
Heck Vick fits right in with the Philly fans, they are the "low class" leader of fans in pro sports anyway.
OK, Mr. forgiveness and mercy, you're OK with Vick and what he did to torture animals for fun, yet you've just stereotyped an entire fan base. You're still listening to the same old media crap about booing Santa Claus? Philly fans are no worse than anywhere else.

Old 08-18-2009, 06:59 AM

7,931 posts, read 15,842,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedaddicted View Post

I actually have brought up "sin" because the morallity police seems to think that Vick is the worst thing since Adolf Hitler. They have made it into a morality issue.
I would not compare Vick to Hitler...but he probably is the doggie Hitler....that "Bad Newz Kennels" was pretty much a doggie Auschwitz...

Old 08-18-2009, 07:19 AM

2,290 posts, read 5,550,714 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blondie621 View Post
I do not owe you anything in response except I am a huge animal activist and rescuer.
I saw the end result ravages of what thugs do to dogs and pitbulls in general. It is not a pretty site. I will not back down on this. I will always speak for those who cannot. Vick brought this out in the open and now we really know what horrific things go on in the dog fighting world to the poor dogs.
Vick showed no remorse in the interview!
And yes, I will continue to make alot of noise!
This is mindless drivel by fools who agitate for abused and neglected dogs from the same ghettoes that Vick and his co-defendants came from, rather than abused and neglected children from those same ghettoes.

That's why no one takes these idiots seriously.

Old 08-18-2009, 07:26 AM

3,105 posts, read 3,297,656 times
So because he wasn't blubbering he wasn't sorry. Newsflash some people aren't overly emotional. I know a guy who didn't cry in front of anyone when his father died, so does that mean he didn't love his dad? Hell no. The whole he didn't cry statement is moronic.

Old 08-18-2009, 08:10 AM

3,564 posts, read 5,521,047 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packersnut21 View Post
So because he wasn't blubbering he wasn't sorry. Newsflash some people aren't overly emotional. I know a guy who didn't cry in front of anyone when his father died, so does that mean he didn't love his dad? Hell no. The whole he didn't cry statement is moronic.

He was pretty emotional when he flipped off his fans in Atlanta walking off the field. He was pretty emotional when he was lying up until he could lie no more regarding this case.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football