Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-23-2009, 10:29 PM

15,216 posts, read 30,556,380 times

Advertisements

Look, if I want a football history lesson I'll go watch NFL Films. Here in the 21st century where the rest of us live, the 49ers have pretty much sucked. In the seven seasons the Texans have existed, the 49ers have managed one playoff appearance in the NFC which has been considerably weaker than the AFC in that time. The Niners don't see Peyton Manning twice a year every year.

I also have no idea who Mike Holgrem is. I know who Mike Holmgren is, and I don't know what he'd do to help the Texans' defense, because he's an offensive coach.

I really should quit talking football with you. Moderator cut: off topic

Last edited by Chickrae; 11-24-2009 at 09:09 AM.. Reason: off topic
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-24-2009, 10:22 AM

2,637 posts, read 4,462,974 times
If a game gets down to a Team needing three points to make it, they did a poor job to begin with, and the game is pretty much a coin toss anyway. The Titans out played them, plain and simple.

Old 11-24-2009, 10:31 AM

159 posts, read 565,854 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thaskateguy View Post
If a game gets down to a Team needing three points to make it, they did a poor job to begin with, and the game is pretty much a coin toss anyway. The Titans out played them, plain and simple.
Totally agree. Of course, I am a Titans fan.

Bironas missing an earlier field goal actually gave the Texans a chance to tie the game. If he had made that, then this conversation wouldn't be happening.

Go Titans.

Old 11-24-2009, 12:17 PM

They all get paid, win or loose. No worries. I seldom watch any more. the darn commercials derive me crazy. they take up more air time, than the game.

Old 11-24-2009, 02:19 PM

9,221 posts, read 15,954,148 times
And what the hell was Kubiak thinking by putting Chris Brown out there instead of Slaton? Slaton was gaining some good chunks, but here comes Chris Brown...AGAIN!! Lucky for many of us Texans fans, Bill Cowher has named Houston (and Chicago) as two teams that would "excite him". Meaning, he would coach here. Only those two teams were named and Houston is better than Chicago. Plus, Lovie Smith is making too much money for Chicago to cut him and then sign Cowher as the HC. Kubiak isn't getting it done. This is his fourth year has HC and I doubt we make the playoffs (I see a 9-7 or 10-6 record with no playoffs).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thaskateguy View Post
I hate it when people use this excuse. How many Super Bowls have the Patriots won because of Mr. Adam?

Old 11-24-2009, 04:23 PM

They call it a game for a reason.

Old 11-24-2009, 04:26 PM

2,754 posts, read 6,101,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfre81 View Post
The Houston Texans are looking for a qualified candidate to fill the position of placekicker. No experience necessary. Will train.

Thanks for the tip. I'm gonna first check out an opening I heard about in Oakland for an anger management coach for the Raiders head coach, Tom Cable. But if that doesn't workout--or if Al Davis fires him before I get there--I might warm-up the ol' leg and head down Houston way.

Old 11-24-2009, 04:29 PM

15,216 posts, read 30,556,380 times
I think a head coach position might open up here too.

Actually I could see somebody like Cowher taking a job here. It's not like this is a ground-up rebuilding process like, say, the Browns. There's a quarterback, there's a decent offensive line; the pieces are there for an elite NFL defense.

Old 11-24-2009, 10:21 PM

45,582 posts, read 27,180,466 times
They just need to learn how to win. 4 of 5 losses were because of missed opportunities from 1 yard out or missed field goals.

They are good enough to win these games. But someone will have to do something extraordinary to bring everyone else over the hump. Nobody has stepped up yet.

Old 11-26-2009, 10:45 PM

12,671 posts, read 23,806,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfre81 View Post
Well, they'd be more than a worthy in-state rival to the Forty Whiners who can't beat them, right?

The team is still in contention (5-5), but Brown has choked two chances to send a game to overtime. The defense is one of the best in the league right now, and so is the passing game. The running game could be better.

They're still better than the Whiners. If Green Bay can contend in the NFC, anyone can. The AFC is a whole different ball o' wax.

How about we make you the coach? That ought to be good. The Texans could always use a few more No. 1 overall picks.
Looking at the standings and their record. They do not have a chance.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football