Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-04-2011, 06:36 AM

2,186 posts, read 8,600,727 times

Advertisements

DEWALT 1/2 in. 18-Volt Cordless Compact Drill/Driver Kit

Rating: 5 out of 5
  • Currently 5.0/5.0

My husband works in the construction field and his drill was getting old and he really needed a replacement. His birthday was only a couple of weeks away and so I headed out in search of this particular drill, it is the one he requested. The brand DeWalt is well known in the "tool world". I did however compare it to the other drills on the shelf, but kept going back to this brand name.

It weighs just over four pounds and it is supposed to minimize hand fatigue for the user. My husband suffers from carpal tunnel in both hands so this factored in on my decision.

My husband tends to complain about getting into those tight spaces, like under the kitchen sink, and being able to use the drill. With this drill, he has had no issues with that problem thus far. It delivers a lot of torque, which is great for someone who is in construction and uses it on a daily basis. The LED light is great and it adds just enough light to see in the darkest of places.

It does come with a battery and it takes about one hour to charge it when it is empty, unlike many drills that I compared it with, the charger is included with this model. It is cordless so my husband is not tripping over cords as he is working, and that is a safety issue.

I purchased this model on sale at the Home Depot. This is where my spouse buys all of his tools. It did come with a three year limited warranty. The price was just under the two hundred dollar mark. My husband and I are very pleased with this tool and will continue to purchase the DeWalt tools.

Review by professional reviewer, Dec. 26, 2010
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews