Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-03-2011, 04:17 AM

2,186 posts, read 8,611,136 times

Advertisements

Toro Power Shovel

Rating: 4 out of 5
  • Currently 4.0/5.0

The winters in my area of the country are fairly light and we do get some snow so as I was looking to purchase a snow blower a friend of mine recommended to me the Toro Power Shovel as a light weight alternative to a traditional more expensive snow blower. The Toro Power Shovel is great for light snow removal as I use it for my driveway, deck, sidewalks, and back porch. The power shovel clears a 12 inch wide path and throws the snow about 20 feet forward. The only con is that it doesn't push snow off to the side like regular snow removers do. It's very light weight which is helpful to me since I have an injured back.

The power shovel is also versatile and can be turned into a broom. All you have to do it turn the rotor the other way and you can use it to sweep away dirt, leaves, grass, and other light debris. It is electric and has a power cord that needs to be plugged in. This is helpful as I do not have to purchase gasoline for it and it is environmentally friendly.

The power cord can be cumbersome and a little bit of a pain. Again, the Toro Power Shovel is only for light snow removal. Where I live there has been up to a few inches and the power shovel has worked great for that. I used to use a snow shovel and that would cause my back to ache for days, but with the power shovel it's very convenient, quick and easy.

I purchased the power shovel at a major retail store for $99.00. It survived the winter and is still running very strong. It's a great deal as traditional snow blowers can cost several hundred dollars. I would recommend this product to people looking for a solution for light snow removal.

Review by professional reviewer, Aug. 25, 2011
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews