Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-03-2011, 04:19 AM

2,186 posts, read 8,609,472 times

Advertisements

Earthquake Badger Front Line Tiller

Rating: 4 out of 5
  • Currently 4.0/5.0

The Earthquake Badger Front Tine Tiller, model 3365 offers tilling for smaller, residential tilling projects. The tiller was made in 2007 and I purchased it in 2008. The tiller features a drive control lever, a folding handle that makes for easy storage, a three-way adjustable tine width, depth control and a pull start. The tiller features a safety control lever that helps protect the operator from accidents.

I use the tiller for garden and yard tilling and it works on newly tilled and previously tilled ground. The tiller does a good job of breaking up the soil, which is impressive considering mid-spring tilling in the Midwest often requires breaking up ground that has been frozen for months. The tiller often jumps when it hits hard objects like rocks and things that were buried underground. This could be dangerous if you are not prepared for the jump. When the tiller gets rolling, it moves along at a good clip. This is efficient and shortens the length of tilling time, but if you are not experienced with tilling or with using this particular machine, it could be difficult to control. If I could improve the machine, I would install a speed control devise that offers variable turning speed for the tines. All in all, owning the tiller makes gardening more efficient and is worth the investment so I do not have to rent a tiller or have the job done by a professional every spring.

Review by professional reviewer, Aug. 25, 2011
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews