Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-09-2011, 04:37 AM

2,186 posts, read 8,609,472 times

Advertisements

Britax Frontier Convertible Car Seat

Rating: 5 out of 5
  • Currently 5.0/5.0

My husband and I decided on the Britax Frontier Convertible Car Seat three years ago when our second daughter was born. We decided on this Britax for two reasons. My husband liked the fact that it was a rear-facing car seat and a front-facing car seat, as well as a booster seat. I liked the fact that it came with many safety features, and high marks after passing safety test after safety test, many that were unheard of in car seats and booster seats at the time.

As soon as we took the Britax Frontier out of the box, it was obvious how easy it is to use. The harness positioning feature makes raising or lowering the harness simple and can even be done while the child is sitting in the seat. And there's no tugging or yanking on straps either. Just use the adjusters to move as your child grows, and to fit them in snug for long road trips. I also really liked the fact that the Frontier wasn't a huge, bulky awkward thing, despite its name. It was very slim and that made it easy to get in and out of the car. And now that my child is much older, she likes that she doesn't have a huge seat to climb around when she's trying to get into the car.

But the safety tests! The design and the ease of use are really nothing compared to the safety of this car seat, the feature that drew me to it in the first place. The Frontier comes with side impact protection, which at the time was something completely foreign to the world of car seats and your child can stay in the five-point harness until they are 80 pounds. At that point they can then remain in the seat with the belt positioned until they are 100 pounds. This is far beyond the 40lbs/80 lbs limit that most car seats have, and lets you keep your child protected while they're in the car even longer. Plus, this car seat also has an extra strong steel bar that attaches it to the car to prevent the seat from tipping forward while in the car.

I loved everything about this car seat, and the only thing my husband didn't like was the price - at $280 it's definitely more costly than most car seats on the market. But considering that we would have had to buy a rear-facing seat, forward-facing seat, and a booster seat, I still think we got off with a really good deal. And the fact that we'll have a car seat for my daughter until she's 8 or 9, and that it's one of the safest on the market, I'm extremely happy with the purchase!

Review by professional reviewer, Aug. 25, 2011
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews