Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-11-2011, 06:21 AM

4,471 posts, read 9,832,939 times

Advertisements

I can't stand anyone with a "poor me complex.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-12-2011, 12:37 AM

9,000 posts, read 10,174,745 times
Today's updated list: guys that tell me how to drive when I KNOW
Guys that think because they're male they somehow do everything better than ya. Guys that have no respect for women, especially the woman driving the fu@king car

Old 07-12-2011, 04:21 AM

2,501 posts, read 3,647,991 times
Yep my ex even thinks so. He went on to say it was a proven fact that men are better drivers than women. IMO I think he's a slight chauvinist. He also is against having women in the army because we're apparently more emotional than men (which is true), because we get periods (this was totally sexist! There are supplies for that), and because men in the marines (according to him) are pigs when it comes to women! Hello? They can defend themselves against them! Seriously!

I hate to go off on a red herring here, but I also can't stand some people's mentality that it's a woman's place to be barefoot, pregnant, and in the kitchen!! !!!!!! This one really chaps my butt!!

So basically I can't deal with chauvinistic attitudes!

Old 07-12-2011, 05:31 AM

3,337 posts, read 7,118,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CancerianMoonPrincess View Post
Yep my ex even thinks so. He went on to say it was a proven fact that men are better drivers than women. IMO I think he's a slight chauvinist. He also is against having women in the army because we're apparently more emotional than men (which is true), because we get periods (this was totally sexist! There are supplies for that), and because men in the marines (according to him) are pigs when it comes to women! Hello? They can defend themselves against them! Seriously!

I hate to go off on a red herring here, but I also can't stand some people's mentality that it's a woman's place to be barefoot, pregnant, and in the kitchen!! !!!!!! This one really chaps my butt!!

So basically I can't deal with chauvinistic attitudes!
You should've retaliated with "If men are better drivers, why do they have more accidents, ergo pay more for insurance?"

Old 07-12-2011, 05:33 AM

5,460 posts, read 7,758,603 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Northside904 View Post
You should've retaliated with "If men are better drivers, why do they have more accidents, ergo pay more for insurance?"
So true, Northside904 and MoonPrincess!

Old 07-12-2011, 05:47 AM

2,501 posts, read 3,647,991 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Northside904 View Post
Oooh that's good!

Old 07-12-2011, 06:06 AM

1,786 posts, read 2,875,796 times
just read and posted regarding "men not giving a sh*t attitude"... funny because it is mostly an act and one man actually said that he had women chasing him because of this treatment... GEEZ... the question is... what kind of women??...

I wish "manipulation" wasn't the main goal of men... how about honesty?... just like the herds of "sheep"... most men do it (not all but most)... try a bit of honesty... what is it with men that they NEVER tell the reasons for the lack of attraction or for that matter interest?... don't want to hurt someone or give a woman the idea that you might be interested in them?? ever think if you were more honest you might get what you want out of life?? just my 2 cents... I find many times there are mis-understandings... Geez... imagine a little communication and honesty... wow what a concept

Old 07-12-2011, 08:44 AM

5,987 posts, read 10,467,349 times
There are too many to list. However, while I CAN deal with them when I must, I choose not to when I can.

Old 07-12-2011, 01:05 PM

8,003 posts, read 11,720,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by believe007 View Post
Today's updated list: guys that tell me how to drive when I KNOW
Guys that think because they're male they somehow do everything better than ya. Guys that have no respect for women, especially the woman driving the fu@king car
My EX was like that. LOL I am sooooo fortunate to have a hubby who has complete confidence in my driving ability. In fact, he KNOWS and brags, that I'm way better with a clutch than he is...and he can drive big rigs. He said, "Shoot, you wouldn't have ANY trouble driving a semi...and that's a nice thing to hear." When the kids started driving, he told them that they should ask Mom to help them learn the stick shift, because I could probably show them better than he could, how to drive them." Again...really nice and so much different than so many men out there!

As for the poster who commented on higher insurance rates for men, because of more accidents...that is so true. Be sure to share that the next time your driving is questioned. To be fair though....then next time he disses on you for doing something "wrong", ask him to explain to you what you SHOULD have done or should do! Many people could use a few lessons in driving....because they're not nearly as good as they think they are.

Old 07-13-2011, 01:45 AM

18,270 posts, read 14,424,679 times
Selfish, uncaring, bad parents,doesn't take responsibility for self, blames everyone else for anything that goes wrong, plays victim when is actually at fault, b*tches all the time, drinks all the time, has nothing positive to say about self, others, life -anything, never smiles, laughs at the expense of others, does nothing worthwhile with self, is lazy, tries to enslave others in some way, is bitter, has deep insecurities, wishes they had physical beauty and if they have it it's the only thing they care about, uses others, manipulates others, is arrogant, abuses others, is unjust,never gives a helping hand, is so full of Crap that nothing good comes out of that mouth-ever.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology