Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-18-2014, 09:19 PM

52 posts, read 58,221 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pfhtex View Post
That little loser did it because he saw it on TV.

We can all name them. We all know the names of these killers, because every GD major news program went "inside the mind of madness" and GLORIFIED these scumbags.

Yes, guns are a problem. Yes, mental health. But the entire world STOPS when a shooter is on the loose. The media has turned reality into a first-person shooter game, with death toll as points.

That can't be all there is to it since Mass Shootings have been occurring as early as 1880 (well before any extensive media coverage) and peaked in 1929 (well before any Media coverage).....Mass Shootings are no more common nowadays than they were in the 1920's or 1930's....Clearly if wanting media attention was the only factor than we would have seen no Mass Shootings until the 1970's-Today and that's clearly not the case....They peaked in 1929 and they have not increased in recent times despite the huge media attention that the shooters now get when they set out to do it.

I think SOME Mass Shooters definitely want media attention....But only some and not all.

Teaching shy/quiet Men to be confident and assertive and teaching them how to interact with Women would do alot to end these type of rampages. A shy insecure man who feels emasculated because he can't get sex or a girlfriend or respect from his peers is a dangerous beast. And he could have been helped early in life if a strong male role model intervened.

Raise men to ACT like Men....No shy sissy cowardly boys who don't have any confidence. And if you do notice that your son is lacking in confidence and masculinity address it immediately (don't let him "be himself" or whatever liberal nonsense).....A weakling Man is only going to have more and more issues as he moves through life. And it could have been addressed early on before an outburst of deranged violence.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-18-2014, 10:40 PM

3,565 posts, read 7,983,847 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Libertarian View Post
That can't be all there is to it since Mass Shootings have been occurring as early as 1880 (well before any extensive media coverage) and peaked in 1929 (well before any Media coverage).....Mass Shootings are no more common nowadays than they were in the 1920's or 1930's....Clearly if wanting media attention was the only factor than we would have seen no Mass Shootings until the 1970's-Today and that's clearly not the case....They peaked in 1929 and they have not increased in recent times despite the huge media attention that the shooters now get when they set out to do it.

I think SOME Mass Shooters definitely want media attention....But only some and not all.

Teaching shy/quiet Men to be confident and assertive and teaching them how to interact with Women would do alot to end these type of rampages. A shy insecure man who feels emasculated because he can't get sex or a girlfriend or respect from his peers is a dangerous beast. And he could have been helped early in life if a strong male role model intervened.

Raise men to ACT like Men....No shy sissy cowardly boys who don't have any confidence. And if you do notice that your son is lacking in confidence and masculinity address it immediately (don't let him "be himself" or whatever liberal nonsense).....A weakling Man is only going to have more and more issues as he moves through life. And it could have been addressed early on before an outburst of deranged violence.
So in a way you're saying liberal rhetoric and liberal-influenced cultural change is partly to blame?

If that's the case, why did such shooting peak in 1929 and not in recent history?

Old 04-19-2014, 10:44 AM

1,107 posts, read 2,279,919 times
He was a lost soul. Poor guy was so ill.

Old 04-20-2014, 10:00 AM

8,011 posts, read 8,212,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MOKAN View Post
So in a way you're saying liberal rhetoric and liberal-influenced cultural change is partly to blame?

If that's the case, why did such shooting peak in 1929 and not in recent history?
Because it's simply easier to blame liberals for everything including things that have little to do with politics.

Old 04-20-2014, 06:08 PM

3,565 posts, read 7,983,847 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ro2113 View Post
Because it's simply easier to blame liberals for everything including things that have little to do with politics.
I think he may be jumping the gun, but I do think he's onto something. Occasionally I've thought that certain ideas and movements within society, especially those that are forceful, have been or are sort of like playing with fire and have had negative effects.

I'm not for sure what forces have driven the direction, but I have suspected the direction society has gone has played a role in driving the mass shootings in recent decades. In other words, you might say I see the mass shootings in recent history as a symptom of a societal problem. This subject matter is very complex and I certainly don't have it figured out and can't really say anymore than I have about it, but what I've said is what I think.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology