Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-29-2013, 08:55 PM

4,236 posts, read 8,143,927 times

Advertisements

Because people around them are selfish.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-30-2013, 03:36 AM

8,711 posts, read 11,734,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redberry rose View Post
Why? If they are unhappy, why are they being forced to live?

I seriously don't want to live anymore, because I feel that I have no value to society or anybody. I'm so angry that I even exist.

» Kinda Wish The First Ever Black Miss Israel Was Hotter Barstool Sports: Philly

After reading this article, it really depressed me. Because it hits close to home so much. It makes me angry that my parents decided to mate with each other, what were they thinking knowing how hard it would be for me?? Why did they do this??

Look at the main reasons people give for forcing the person to live: "People will be devastated if you go," "All your friends and family members will not be able to go on without you," or "it's not right if someone has to find your body, they will be never be the same again," etc. It's basically an inconvenience to THEM.

One of my favorite things that people love to trot out is "suicide is selfish," well, it's no more selfish then them wanting to keep someone alive (and suffering mentally, physically at that) so they don't have to be inconvenienced in life.

Last edited by Doll Eyes; 03-30-2013 at 04:38 AM..

Old 03-30-2013, 04:00 AM

432 posts, read 1,228,659 times
Us strangers on this forum do care about how you feel.

Please call the Suicide Hotline. There are people there that can direct you to the professional help that you need.

I do hope that you will believe in yourself and know that you can get help and will love yourself again.

May peace follow you.

Old 03-30-2013, 06:58 AM

2,309 posts, read 4,385,138 times
From the standpoint of personal choice, everyone has the ability to commit suicide to the exception of the extremely ill or incarcerated where the ability of killing themselves is strictly hampered either by outside forces or physical limitations.

Those that are truly resolved to die rarely speak of it and then use methods that are statistically successful in completing the task such as a handgun.
For those people they have made up their minds and have made plans in order to rectify the offending occurrence in their lives which is life itself.

For the remaining population, it's a cry for help and a desperate clawing at something that could bring the light of day into their lives once again.
For both groups I respect who and what they are and their positions.

For me the bottom line to this is suicide is a choice. For a certain percentage of people it is a viable way to move forward past life itself.

For most however it's a cry for help and help is what they should receive.

Old 03-30-2013, 07:56 AM

9,408 posts, read 11,933,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by violetnights View Post
Because it gets better.

Because it will cause unspeakable pain to those that love you, and the most tragic part is that it will be too late for you to realize how much you really are loved.

Because everyone on this earth has gifts and talents to share with their world which will also nourish their own meaning.

Because life is a messy, vulnerable experience with gems of joy and connection strung in. I bet if you write some of these experiences on a piece of paper it will not be blank. Same with writing down the name of every person that has ever loved you, everything you have accomplished, etc.

Again, mainly because it gets better. Watch youtube clips of survivors of suicide attempts. As a survivor from a Golden Gate Bridge jump said, and I'm paraphrasing, "I realized that everything in my life could be fixed, except the fact that I just jumped." Do you want those to be your last thoughts? Do you want your loved ones to be tormented wondering if those were your last thoughts?
"It gets better" is a nice saying, but not true. I lost a close friend to suicide recently. She was terminally ill, and in an awful lot of continuous pain. She is now pain free, and while we miss her and are sad she's gone, we are happy she is no longer in pain. Im relieved she ended it rather than suffer longer for no reason. I am angry though. Angry she couldn't die with dignity via legally assisted suicide. Instead, the system is set up to milk these people along, and to keep them alive and suffering. It's appalling.

Old 03-30-2013, 01:21 PM

4,927 posts, read 5,316,274 times
Why are people discouraged from committing suicide?

Because we as a society are far more committed to helping our fellow man/woman than harming him/her. You have been offered some excellent advice and kind/caring encouragement from your fellow forum members, please consider calling a trusted and loving family member or...

Need help? In the U.S., call 1-800-273-8255

National Suicide Prevention Lifeline

Best regards, sincerely

HomeIsWhere...

Old 03-30-2013, 07:42 PM

11,222 posts, read 16,430,926 times
Quote:
Why? If they are unhappy, why are they being forced to live?

I seriously don't want to live anymore, because I feel that I have no value to society or anybody. I'm so angry that I even exist.

» Kinda Wish The First Ever Black Miss Israel Was Hotter Barstool Sports: Philly

After reading this article, it really depressed me. Because it hits close to home so much. It makes me angry that my parents decided to mate with each other, what were they thinking knowing how hard it would be for me?? Why did they do this??

Well, even though you're not a member of CD anymore (), I will say this:

Each and every single person who tried to kill themselves by jumping off the Golden Gate Bridge and survived the fall, said they IMMEDIATLY REGRETTED IT - THE INSTANT THEIR FEET LEFT THE BRIDGE.

Old 04-13-2013, 01:50 PM

8,011 posts, read 8,210,154 times
I can only speak for myself but I don't encourage or discourage it. This isn't going to sound popular but suicide is not only a personal choice but is the ultimate personal choice and I say this because no one has a say in being born and having to endure life. Maybe it's easier to own up to life if one honestly chose to be here but to be born into this world is just a roll of the dice. In someways suicide is a way of saying I didn't choose to come here but I can leave on my own terms when things get really bad.

Old 04-13-2013, 02:25 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,867,563 times
most people that get stopped are those who call and that is for a reson;they want to be talked out of it. Its not hard for a perosn to do and not notify anyone. Often tho its a depressed perosn tipped over the edge by drugs or alcohol.Sdaly many of these fail because of it and lived o long terribly physically damage lifes afterwards.

Old 04-16-2013, 02:44 PM

2,802 posts, read 6,430,401 times
Quote:
I seriously don't want to live anymore, because I feel that I have no value to society or anybody.
Any good at cooking? I could do with a cook...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology