Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-23-2013, 12:18 PM

163 posts, read 424,851 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by oh-eve View Post
Where do you see me insulting you?

If my response says alot about me - fine. I can live with it. I am also not ashamed or too annoyed or whatever to tell people what I do for a living. I find it rude if I ask a person what she/he does and get a weird answer back or no answer or an inappropriate comment. THAT IS INSULTING.
You see there you go again. I cannot help it if your unable to be open minded enough to see the things your saying as rude, insulting, or argumentative. Within first 3 sentences u called me rude, made an inappropriate judgment about my being annoyed when it's furthest thing from truth, I just asked why and u think I hold a position or certain feelings when ur not qualified to make judgements like that, and when u attack someone in order to illicit a desired response on ur part that's bullying aggressive behavior
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-23-2013, 12:23 PM

163 posts, read 424,851 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by inthetrees View Post
After reading the OP and seeing the subforum, i figured the OP was a psychologist. Put yourself in a psychologist shoes when they meet new people and they find out the person is a shrink.
No but I did double minor in psychology & sociology. And I held certain positions thru my career that gave me deeper more intuitive look at the human psyche and just how deeply intertwined both sociology and psy are together and not to mention nature nature wow this in depth we'd blow ur mind

Old 09-23-2013, 01:59 PM

20,764 posts, read 19,976,767 times
Maybe you are a bit too sensitive? You must get insulted all the time if you jump on every little comment people make.

This is a DISCUSSION forum

Old 09-23-2013, 02:08 PM

892 posts, read 1,500,450 times
Ok, I admit it...I was wrong. Doesn't happen often, but it did here. Apparently, it's not about the inability to impress the strangers, but rather a continuation of the "it's all about me" syndrome that afflicts so many these days. There's a whole lot of "I"s being tossed about here... "I hate it when...", "I don't want to....", "They're boring me..." etc.

There's little to no participation in the community, and only concern is how things affect them, continued by expecting everyone else to be the ones starting with "intelligent" communication.

Which of course, is all fine if that's what floats your boat. But I'll bet it's still a pretty lonely experience, otherwise this thread never would have been started.

Old 09-23-2013, 02:31 PM

22,278 posts, read 21,733,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by docryan View Post
No Ops in his car cause his old apt complex inadvertently deducted almost $3k from his account, which yes did cause NSFs not bounced checks I don't right checks I pay all bills via auto draft obviously, and should I remind u all my bills were covered by my financial institution. It's safe to assume if anyone had this happen to them they'd b in same position or mooching off others. Last I checked no matter if you have overdraft protection a bank isn't gonna allow clients account to exceed the amt of overdraft protection (which I don't have by the way, cause basically I've never really needed it after college) then they most certainly won't let account go into negative greater than monthly direct deposits, so your attempts to paint me as some low life looser will fall on deaf ears. Simply do the math & make the best educated guess as possible for ur self, if $3k disappeared from my account, yet all my bills and cross country move were covered, and once I got the refund back from complex yet that only left me with barely enough $$ for gas to eat out everyday, plus I'm not working as u so nicely attempted to point out, all that being said what does that roughly tell u about my financial standing!

And let me remind your short memory that this occurred during a cross country relo, and when I got to new hometown it was hit with what many meteorologists have called BIBLICAL FLOODING! But all is well. This is something that will make me stronger & a better man. Many others would've ran to social services or red cross salvation army etc, but to me those resources are for others worse off. I've done this on my own, with the exception of some good advice here on CD I've done this without help or assistance from anyone or entity.

Take care of yourself
You seem a little oversensitive about your situation. Which I suppose is why you started this thread.

Old 09-23-2013, 04:38 PM

251 posts, read 522,981 times
Why is this an issue? If you're not proud of what you do, change paths. I worked very hard to succeed in my chosen profession / occupation and am proud to talk about it.

Old 09-23-2013, 04:51 PM

2,135 posts, read 4,274,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zentropa View Post
You seem a little oversensitive about your situation. Which I suppose is why you started this thread.
I think this is it.

The original poster went through some hard times and feels like less of a person because he has no job or some peon job when he has college degrees. Of course he wont admit it though.

I would say get over yourself. We all fall on dire times......your no different. Lie and say your an astronaut....I dont give a crap.

Sent from my T-Mobile myTouch 3G using Tapatalk 2
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology