Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-11-2013, 12:52 PM

5,209 posts, read 4,673,749 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rishi85 View Post
I want to be PURE to people.
And other people are being PURE to you. And it seems like increasingly everyone is telling you you are crazy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-11-2013, 02:58 PM

9,238 posts, read 22,905,067 times
Ah, I just learned something new today: Being "Pure" with people means having no internal censor and blurting out whatever comes into my head, while exercising no sound judgment whatsoever.

I guess I prefer to be "impure."

Old 11-11-2013, 04:26 PM

4,749 posts, read 4,324,388 times
Quote:
Any therapist would have a field day with me. I am a bundle of disorders in one body. But I am trying to change, to improve.

I need your opinion on this:
Yesterday my friend, a very straightforward honest guy, told me I am very negative towards people who don't share my views. Otherwise he likes my passion towards life and movies and such, but this aspect is present.
A few days back a girl told me something similar- that I don't relate to people who can't think like me.
And much before that my best friend who is currently in Portugal wrote a long e-mail the gist of which was on similar lines. I wanted him to try LSD and he wasn't willing to. I told him everyone should do it, and those who don't are missing something.

Maybe It is subconscious but I can't help it. Is there anyway I can change this trait? And what is the change going to be? To respect other's choice of decisions.
I'm not trying to make you feel bad, but you started with the negativity in the first 2 sentences - "Any therapist would have a field day with me. I am a bundle of disorders in one body."

However, I'm more concerned about this sentence - "I wanted him to try LSD"

You do know that you'll screw up your brain even more than it already is, right?
You do know that you'll become extremely unattractive (like the type that makes people gag)?
You do know that LSD is illegal?
You do know that LSD will damage your brain to the point where even after you become sober, you'll still have trips?

You already noticed that you have a problem with being pessimistic. To me, this is a sign of severe depression that has been present for several years. Why in the HELL would you add more problems to your life?

Quote:
Like in 2010 I was at a great job in Canada and had just tried magic mushrooms. The next day I was going about telling anyone and everyone to come to my house to try them. I was fired the next day.
And plenty such instances which I can't even type.
You know it's not normal to use drugs, right? Especially the powerful stuff that you have tried. Again, Why in the HELL would you add more problems to your life?

Old 11-14-2013, 10:55 AM

129 posts, read 206,266 times
rishi85, I want you to try anchovies. Everyone should do it, and those who don't are missing something.

Old 11-14-2013, 11:13 AM

1,752 posts, read 3,755,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lizzytish View Post
rishi85, I want you to try anchovies. Everyone should do it, and those who don't are missing something.
Now thats just crazy!

Old 11-14-2013, 12:12 PM

129 posts, read 206,266 times
Us anchovy lovers are definitely off the deep end!

Old 11-14-2013, 01:55 PM

1,003 posts, read 1,612,432 times
I listen to this everyday as much as I can, while at work and when falling asleep.

3D SOUND 1000's Of Positive Affirmations Meditation Awaken Energy Vibration Luck Health Paul Santisi - YouTube

Old 11-14-2013, 02:00 PM

1,003 posts, read 1,612,432 times
Quote:
You do know that LSD will damage your brain to the point where even after you become sober, you'll still have trips?You do know that you'll screw up your brain even more than it already is, right?
You do know that you'll become extremely unattractive (like the type that makes people gag)?
That's not necessarily true. Everyone reacts differently to entheogens. Entheogens themselves, their chemical compound, has NEVER killed anyone. The activity one has engaged in while on LSD can cause issues, ie jumping off a rock will kill you, but the compounds themselves do not. Educate yourself (Terence McKenna, The Harvard Psychadelic Club, Doors of Perception/Aldous Huxley) before you spew unfounded propaganda.

Old 11-15-2013, 12:59 PM

Location: On the "Left Coast", somewhere in "the Land of Fruits & Nuts"
8,852 posts, read 10,460,349 times
Constant negativity is just a (bad) Habit of Mind. Here's a helpful video on "Killing the ANTs (Automatic Negative Thoughts)", from Dr. Daniel Amen, author of "Change Your Brain, Change Your Life":

ANTs Webinar (Part 2) - YouTube

Old 11-15-2013, 09:31 PM

4,983 posts, read 3,292,527 times
They call me Mr negativity call it how I see
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology